I just threw up in my mouth.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I just threw up in my mouth....

You have to watch the tape to see what Oregon asked him to do and it wasn't just rush the passer. We could have this kid play SLB on 1st and 2nd down and then move him up to DE on 3rd ala Von Miller.

Our 3rd biggest need is still a need. This pick is a steal for what we had to give up to move. Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush. That's the formula.

For once, we're the not team getting caught with our dicks in our hands. It's good that Ireland is actually MAKING MOVES and getting players that can impact the team.

Great player. But not a particularly big area of need. Only makes sense if we pull off the Albert trade. You don't draft a potentially franchise QB, then let his left tackle walk and let Nate Gardner or some other bum take over. Find cap space however you can (Marshall, Incognito, Bess (trade)) and get Albert in here. I'll wait to see how everything pans out before calling it a dumb move, but right now im scratching my head.

It was definitely an area of need. Who did we have to rush the passer opposite cam? And cam isn't getting any younger. I agree that it's usually tough to swallow trading up. But we got an impact player. Watch out Brady!!! And I guess watch out EJ Manual?!!?

Perfect pick, I stated before.. I was praying for a trade up for Ansah or Jordan.. We need a YOUNG pass rusher to learn opposite Wake. With wake, Jordan, Vernon, our stud DT's and maybe kaddu can grow into a better player, suddenly our pass rush is looking real nice

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

Great pick

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to watch the tape to see what Oregon asked him to do and it wasn't just rush the passer. We could have this kid play SLB on 1st and 2nd down and then move him up to DE on 3rd ala Von Miller.

Exactly. And I think that's the plan. This is what Daniel Jeremiah said was the biggest problem with how Oregon used him. He said while watching tape he kept screaming LET HIM RUSH THE PASSER! He was asked to drop back OFTEN for the Ducks and we can use him all over the place. I think he slots in and replaces Koa Misi in the lineup Day 1.

Great player. But not a particularly big area of need. Only makes sense if we pull off the Albert trade. You don't draft a potentially franchise QB, then let his left tackle walk and let Nate Gardner or some other bum take over. Find cap space however you can (Marshall, Incognito, Bess (trade)) and get Albert in here. I'll wait to see how everything pans out before calling it a dumb move, but right now im scratching my head.

When Brady is in your division it is a big need

I wonder how many fireland were started then quickly cancelled last night lol

Like this concept. Get the playmakers on the field. Only thing that will determine this is his ability to learn 2 positions simultaneously. Tough, but doable if he has the intellect, desire, patience.

Why would Tom Brady be scared of a guy who had 5 sacks last year? Jordan is not an elite pass rusher....he's better in coverage. I think he's going to get handled by NFL linemen b/c he's skinny and weak at the point. Werner and Carradine would have been better pass rush options, and we could have traded down for them!

So you just looked at the stat line then? No tape to figure out why he was the consensus #1 DE in the draft?

Back
Top Bottom