I need an answer! WHAT IS WITH THE DROPS? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I need an answer! WHAT IS WITH THE DROPS?

BALLS DEEP said:
The drops caused me to break two remote controls yesterday. What is the deal? McMichael dropped two that were right in his hands. Bokker and Chambers both dropped a couple. Morris dropped at least one and so did Welker.

DO NOT TELL ME IT WAS RAINING! They practice in the rain and wind all summer. Don't tell me it's all Herrington either (the drops that is). He sucked yesterday no doubt but he did throw a lot of dropped balls too and that is the fault of the receivers!

I mean why do they drop the ball? Why? I need to know!

First, McMike can't catch anymore (I see a man who either can't or doesn't want to play in Miami anymore). Second, Morris is a backup RB who never had solid receiving skills. Third, Welker drops the ball more than he should but drops the ball less than McMike. Drops never help and they frustrate struggling QB's. This has been yet another in a long line of problems on offense this season. Good Post.

Cannonboy said:
Easy answer to the drops. Our receivers, other then Welker stink. Time to get some new blood in here.

The only problem that I have seen with Marty Booker is that he is easily banged up and sidelined. That has been consistent over two years. Otherwise, when healthy I think he is a major contributor on offense. I pat the guy on the back for being consitently the most efficient WR on this team glamorous or not. Gotta be honest.

BALLS DEEP said:
The drops caused me to break two remote controls yesterday. What is the deal? McMichael dropped two that were right in his hands. Bokker and Chambers both dropped a couple. Morris dropped at least one and so did Welker.

DO NOT TELL ME IT WAS RAINING! They practice in the rain and wind all summer. Don't tell me it's all Herrington either (the drops that is). He sucked yesterday no doubt but he did throw a lot of dropped balls too and that is the fault of the receivers!

I mean why do they drop the ball? Why? I need to know!

They don't practice in the rain anymore. They have the "bubble" now.

FemaleFinFan said:
Dropped passes has been a complaint of mine all season, regardless of who the qb is. No Joey was not perfect yesterday, far from it, but he would have had better numbers if the WRs could catch the ball. I've also said before that I think its coaching. Not Saban, but the WR coach, whatever his name is. He's obviously not helping the situation.

The only player to drop a good ball was Chambers at the end of the game. JH's other passes that were dropped for all under 10 yards, on downs when we needed more yards for where he threw the ball.

He stunk big time

To sum it up we need a new No1 WR and a TE that can catch on a regular basis.

FanMarino said:
To sum it up we need a new No1 WR and a TE that can catch on a regular basis.

I almost entirely agree. First, I agree 100% that we need a new and strong receiver at TE. Second, we need a No.1 WR and an offensive system that mesh so that he can be utilized. That hasn't happened with Mularkey and Chambers. That needs to change. So, which one do you value more?

BALLS DEEP said:
I would however take immense joy in firing the WR coach whoever it is. I'd fire him and then call him and apologize and ask him to come back and give him a raise. I'd wait until he had unpacked all of his boxes into his new office and gotten comfortable. I'd take him out and buy him a beer and apologize again. Then the next day when he thinks we're buddies, I'D FIRE HIM AGAIN! The receivers seem to not know how to catch the ball! Now I'm no expert, but I think I remember reading somewhere that a WR needs to know how to catch. And that's not just catch in yummy little 70 degrees no wind sun shining conditions. It's also in terrible windy, rainy, snowy, potentially magma spouting volcano fields![/b]
:sidelol: Well done sir, that was great. :sidelol:
In all seriousness our WR coach is Charlie Baggett. He is a very well respected guy in NFL circles and is regarded as one of the best WR coaches in the game......... That being said I think we have all been extremely underwhelmed with our receivers play here. Its a shame because he did an outstanding job with the receiving core he had with the Vikings. Did a great job of not just developing Moss but also the rest of the guys like Burleson and a couple others that I cant remember. I remember watching them even before I knew who their coach was and thinking that whoever it was he was doing a hell of a job. I was very happy when he came over with Scotty last year because I thought he would have the same kind of success here............. Sure hasn't worked out that way though has it?

Yup we have no recievers on this team because to be labelded as a reciever you actually have to catch the god damn ball grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

DrewOldSchool said:
I almost entirely agree. First, I agree 100% that we need a new and strong receiver at TE. Second, we need a No.1 WR and an offensive system that mesh so that he can be utilized. That hasn't happened with Mularkey and Chambers. That needs to change. So, which one do you value more?

With what you say Drew i say we need a new TE and a new Offensive Co-ordinator that can bring the best out of Chambers. Having him on the outside where Harrington isnt comfortable throwing and the odd reverse isnt going to bring out the best in Chambers when the guy under Linehan went to the Pro-Bowl! Chambers is proven but only when the system fits.

SpurzN703 said:
The only player to drop a good ball was Chambers at the end of the game. JH's other passes that were dropped for all under 10 yards, on downs when we needed more yards for where he threw the ball.

He stunk big time

Chambers did drop the ball but according to one announcer he was out of bounds already when he tried to make the catch. The announcers (I was watching on directv sunday ticket) first comment was "out of bounds." Only after a few moments did he stop to say, OH and he dropped it. It helps to catch the ball. According to the announcer he was out of bounds anyways.

emocomputerjock said:
I'm not sure what exactly our WR coach is doing, but he's doing it wrong.

I'd say we should pay Chambers and McMicheal by the catch but I wouldn't want to see their families starve.

Back
Top Bottom