I think we now have the #1 rushing offense | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we now have the #1 rushing offense

This running game we got is great, Chad Henne is gonna do good since he can rely on it to back him up, we run down that clock and play defense like we did today and we're gonna be a hard team to beat, I don't care who we're playin

We could easily be 3-1, we dominated today, had the game in our hands against Indy, and against San Diego it seemed like after Pennington went down the game plan went from trying to win the game to trying to get Henne comfortable with the game, let's see if we can turn things around, big game monday night against Dirty Sanchez and the God Damn Jets

We were the #3 ranked rushing offense going into this weekend.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Offense&cat=Rushing

But we had 250 net yds rushing today, while Dallas has about 74, New Orleans had 153, and Denver had about 117.

When was the last time we had the #1 rushing offense?

Rush Offense -
Rank Team --YPG ----YPC ----TOT
1 Miami -----183.5 ---5.0 -----734
2 NO -------166.2 ----5.0---- 665
3 Dallas -----163.8 ---6.0 -----655

Rush Deffense -
Rank Team --YPG -YPC ---TOT
1 Baltimore -59.5 --2.6 ---238
2 Miami ----61.0 --2.9 ----244
3 San Fran -73.8 --3.1 ----295

These are the totals, not including tonight's game (Steelers/Chargers) or the Monday Night game (Pakcers/Vickings). Btw, Vickings are averaging 143.7 yards (offensively) per game and the Steelers are giving up 76.7 yards (defensively) per game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that you are what your record says you are, but its just about obvious that we are the best 1-3 team out there. I dont know about you guys, but I am not ready to throw in the towel on this season yet.

I believe that you are what your record says you are, but its just about obvious that we are the best 1-3 team out there. I dont know about you guys, but I am not ready to throw in the towel on this season yet.
ya i dont think anyone is now after today. that being said, we still must win against the jets, bc thats the diffrence of being 2-0 in division play and 1 game back of the jets, compared to being 1-4 overall, and being 3 games behind the jets with already losing head to head. hopefully we get porter back and him with cam wake and jt can destroy sanchez all night. so pumped for that game.

Other teams have been throwing alot because of the rookies in the secondary ... once Davis and Smith are fully acclimated it's going to be harder for teams to throw, and the defense should improve overall... last season, Miami was having problems early on against the pass, than all of a sudden, it was lights out and the defense became much more solid... At 1st i thought the run defense was good because of the amount of times the other teams were throwing against the young corners... but the Bills game has convinced me, that other teams are actually trying to run and just can't get the push in the run game they are expecting... kudos to the D-line and LB's they are ATTACKING the RB's ... once the secondary settles down and the missed tackles are minimized, the 2009 defense should become more dominate... a BP staple i may add!!!

it's obvious that Miami is going to game plan to stop the JETS running game... and if Davis and Smith can rough up the Jet WR's ... it could be a long day for Sanchez!!! i'm not comfortable with the offense against the REX/JETS Defense.... it could be an even longer day for the Miami offense ... Henning has his work cut out ...

Back
Top Bottom