I wanna start a Simmons at #5 bandwagon | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I wanna start a Simmons at #5 bandwagon

I love Simmons and Brown as potential picks at #5. I think Brown might have a bigger immediate impact.

As far as Miami is concerned, I think it comes down to how much of a drop off they see from Herbert/Tua to Love/Hurts/Fromm/Eason.

This board is too desperate for a QB to think logically. Too many trade scenarios to get "our guy." Whatever happened to waiting to see what happens?

If you cant get the guy you clearly want, don't make dumb trades to get a guy who you have less conviction on.

There are plenty of serviceable QB's in this draft. What we need is to fix this team to win a superbowl, not just the QB position. I think Okudah is highly overrated at a position we have talent at, he would be a luxury pick, meanwhile Simmons is a star and our linebacking unit is mediocre at best. If Tua isn't there, Simmons is the next logical star for our choosing.

Herbert, Love, or Okudah would be a mistake at 5. Late in the first, yes, but at 5 nah.

You do not know whether you will get a Marino.
All we need is a 4-year superbowl window draftee. We could had drafted Lock last year, Rudolph the year before, all on day 2. It is not necessary to go for day 1 QB to do what we need to do, and that is to open a 4 year window.

I mean we don't know if Simmons we be a Ray Lewis or an Aaron Curry. Personally I rather swing for the fences and go for the QB. You hit on the QB and the window is open 10-15 years. Look at the Pats and how long their window was open because of the QB, or Manning and Brees. Hell the Bronco's window was open until Elways last 2 years in the NFL.

Yeah the safeties aren't as good this year IMO, I'm not a Becton fan he lacks situational awareness and I don't see the smarts there, Wills is by far the best tackle and only one worthy of pick 5 but that spot is for Tua, can only hope Wills slips some and we use draft capitol to Jump right before the jets who I believe have him targeted, it really is a plus plus move. Andrew Thomas may not have his technique down as well as Wills but you see his situational awareness and can tell he is a smart player, neither guy going to fall for D-line stunts and will protect the QB to the best of there ability even if it means coming off there man to attack a defender who's getting to the QB quicker, both will be pro bowl players Wills faster then Thomas but Thomas has the raw power that's slightly better than Wills but he need to get the technique and game planning down like Wills and he may never be as good as Wills at that part. A player like Simmons is a get after you have built the core of your team, priorities - protect your QB he is the best player on your team or should be then attack your competitions QB then stop him from passing to the outside then inside, that's how I see it.

They are not going draft a hybrid defensive player at 5. Simmons is not good enough at LB against the run and not fast enough or have elite skills at safety. He has value at blitzing and in coverage against TE/RBs.
Brown and Okudah are better core position players. And the FO loves Wills.

This board is too desperate for a QB to think logically. Too many trade scenarios to get "our guy." Whatever happened to waiting to see what happens?
you say waiting? been waiting how ****ing long for a franchise QB?

Yeah the safeties aren't as good this year IMO, I'm not a Becton fan he lacks situational awareness and I don't see the smarts there, Wills is by far the best tackle and only one worthy of pick 5 but that spot is for Tua, can only hope Wills slips some and we use draft capitol to Jump right before the jets who I believe have him targeted, it really is a plus plus move. Andrew Thomas may not have his technique down as well as Wills but you see his situational awareness and can tell he is a smart player, neither guy going to fall for D-line stunts and will protect the QB to the best of there ability even if it means coming off there man to attack a defender who's getting to the QB quicker, both will be pro bowl players Wills faster then Thomas but Thomas has the raw power that's slightly better than Wills but he need to get the technique and game planning down like Wills and he may never be as good as Wills at that part. A player like Simmons is a get after you have built the core of your team, priorities - protect your QB he is the best player on your team or should be then attack your competitions QB then stop him from passing to the outside then inside, that's how I see it.
Getting Tua, then moving up for Wirfs or Wills to play RT and protect the blind side is a perfect scenario. I would then still target Jones to play LT, or Ruiz for Center with pick 26. Build that line to keep Tua upright, lessens injury concerns

1 Cin - Burrow
2 Wash - Young
3 Det. - Okuda
4 NYG - Wilks

Or

1 Cin - Burrow
2 Wash - Young
3 SD/LV -Tua
4 NYG - Wilks

I think Simmons is there at #5 in most scenarios.
Or Herbert? Or the top rated Tackle on the board? Triston Wirfs for example?

you say waiting? been waiting how ****ing long for a franchise QB?

Lol. Waiting in the draft I meant. You waited 2 decades you can wait another 2 weeks. If we get too desperate for a QB we will ultimately shoot ourselves in the foot out of desperation. It seems I am the only one on this board who would rather have a very good draft and choosing our Qb in the 2nd or 3rd round than going all in the first round for our QB and having a mediocre rest of the draft.

Only Burrow and Tua are worth a #5 pick. Any other QB that early is another Rosen like reach.

Lol. Waiting in the draft I meant. You waited 2 decades you can wait another 2 weeks. If we get too desperate for a QB we will ultimately shoot ourselves in the foot out of desperation. It seems I am the only one on this board who would rather have a very good draft and choosing our Qb in the 2nd or 3rd round than going all in the first round for our QB and having a mediocre rest of the draft.

Only Burrow and Tua are worth a #5 pick. Any other QB that early is another Rosen like reach.
I want Tua to be the pick....if not, then build the team, and maybe pick a QB like Eason later

Tua has his bandwagon, we need someone else to enter this race at #5 becides a oft-injured QB and I would like to nominate Isaiah Simmons.

I like Simmons. Wouldn’t be upset if he is the pick at #5.

However, when you use words ‘bandwagon’ and ‘oft-injured’ to describe Tua, it’s clear as day the thread is agenda driven.

How about just selling Simmons as the pick on his own merits rather than trying to disparage other prospects? I mean, is that hard to do?

No Tua and that's the wagon I'm hopping on.

Back
Top Bottom