I wanna start a Simmons at #5 bandwagon | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I wanna start a Simmons at #5 bandwagon

Lol. Waiting in the draft I meant. You waited 2 decades you can wait another 2 weeks. If we get too desperate for a QB we will ultimately shoot ourselves in the foot out of desperation. It seems I am the only one on this board who would rather have a very good draft and choosing our Qb in the 2nd or 3rd round than going all in the first round for our QB and having a mediocre rest of the draft.

Only Burrow and Tua are worth a #5 pick. Any other QB that early is another Rosen like reach.
I'm drunk all day
54d3c9a7bab6d_-_esq-uncle-xlg-41232557.jpg

I think NYG might take Simmons, wouldn’t be upset if we drafted him though, even if Tugovailoa and Herbert are on the board.

There are 6 players I would draft ahead of Simmons, so I’m gonna hold out for the “Simmons at #7 bandwagon” thread.

I love Simmons and Brown as potential picks at #5. I think Brown might have a bigger immediate impact.

As far as Miami is concerned, I think it comes down to how much of a drop off they see from Herbert/Tua to Love/Hurts/Fromm/Eason.

That will determine the next 3 years.

And if there is a reset in the FO and HC.

This is a game of chicken right now.

Lol ok. If you say so. What the f has lock shown exactly?

Lamar Jackson showed the rest of the league in the playoffs his pocket passer warts are real.
What the f has any Miami QB shown since Marino? Nothing! If you don't like Tua, that's fine, your opinion. My opinion he is far and away the best QB in this draft.

Oh, and judging Lamar off of one playoff game during his 2nd year in the league?

Clemson is so high profile. In all the recent seasons I can't remember watching one Clemson game and thinking wow that defender really deserves to be picked very high in the first round. Simmons at #5 seems to be more of a spring rationalization than anything else. If there's a very high first round defender it should be an obvious wrecking ball for years, like Hugh Green receiving more hype than Dan Marino while both played together at Pittsburgh.

For clarity I like to keep the first stage mock drafts, the ones from immediately after the most recent draft. Simmons slotted 18th in this one. That sounds about right to me:

I saved another one from the same time frame. Simmons was 14th in that one.

As always fans love to look at those early mocks and laugh at inclusion the guys who have played their way out of it, instead of focusing on the big picture aspect of so many familiar names. It's no different than preseason ratings in college sports. Far more hits than misses. Valuable reference point.

Regarding Lamar Jackson I'd take a 14-2 season every time and take my chances where it leads from there. The NFL is such a playoff crapshoot at one game as opposed to 7 games where the superior team will prevail with few exceptions. As I mentioned immediately following that game the glaring aspect was how weak Baltimore's other skill position guys were, in comparison to where they needed to be and especially in comparison to the second seeded Chiefs. Let's just say Mark Andrews isn't making any All-Decade teams, as Travis Kelce just did.

Didnt we just get 2 linebackers in free agency including VanNoy? I think we have other holes to fill.....

Wierd that folks would think the ravens were let down more by the skill guys than the qb in the postseason especially considering his pocket read warts were front and center in that setting etc but ok to each his own.

I feel like this will be a problem that shows up when it matters an awful lot. Barring serious strides in Jackson’s pocket read/ execution play.

Last edited:
Watch the ravens playoff game and then watch the okla semi final college football champ game. Both times the pocket reads/accuracy were front and center.

except at least Jackson is much more elusive as a ball carrier and has top shelf quick acceleration to top speed.

gonna be a lot of folks dying on that hurts sword.

Both have a lot to prove still, but both have shown something we haven't seen in a long time in Miami, hope

Jackson, sure. But no on Drew Lock. Tannehill was easily as impressive his 1st couple seasons. And we know how that turned out.

Back
Top Bottom