I was born in 1974...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was born in 1974......

My bucket list includes many things....but for us born in 1974 isn't that a little bit of a haha on us, Right?

I am looking to hear from Dolphin fans all over who are my age or younger or were not old enough yet to enjoy the great teams.

I would also like to hear from the ones who experienced the thrill of being dominant and winning.

I also would like to hear from the ones who believe we will finally win a Super Bowl in the next three years.

What i hope to hear in this thread is great memories, great hope and maybe stories of what you have personally experianced as a Dolphins fan.

I will start. I was at a training camp with my wife when we had signed Suh and took pictures of Landry and Suh and others. But my greatest Dolphins moment was travelling to Miami to watch the fins beat the Seahawks in 2008, 21-19 where we actually finished first at 11-5 tied with the Patriots in most every way. I went with a good friend who was a Seahawks fan and did not realize in our crazy plan that it was Memorial Day weekend. There were Jets fling over the stadium and great pictures with cheerleaders and such. The best picture was when we stalled them on the final drive having a picture laughing at my friend taken by a fellow Dolphin fanatic. I yelled louder than i had ever done for a longer period of time than I thought possible trying to add to noise.

When I go to my next Dolphins game I truly hope the experience is even greater!!!

Lets hear from all of you true and optimistic....or little less optimistic and / or jaded Dolphin fans! Lets celebrate what we can as a Dolphins community and lifelong fans.
I was born in 74 as well and JUST talking about this with a coworker (and fellow Fins fan) today

My favorite and first memory as a Fins fan was living in Fort. Lauderdale and going to the Orange Bowl against the Patriots. I remember it was blistering hot and I didn’t understand the game at the time. I must have asked my dad a million questions and he was probably thinking to himself, I wish this kid would shut up so I can watch the game lol

I'm in the older crowd. First game in person was 1969 when my grandfather brought me to the sideline since he did insurance for a few high level athletes (I putted with Jack Nicklaus). Had he not passed away early I might have gotten far more involved, but I'm endlessly stuck as a Fins fan.

My favorite and first memory as a Fins fan was living in Fort. Lauderdale and going to the Orange Bowl against the Patriots. I remember it was blistering hot and I didn’t understand the game at the time. I must have asked my dad a million questions and he was probably thinking to himself, I wish this kid would shut up so I can watch the game lol
You know what is so special about that to me....... is you have a favourite memory with a father included....and that you share a perspective as a young kid..... So freaking COOOOOOOL

My bucket list includes many things....but for us born in 1974 isn't that a little bit of a haha on us, Right?

I am looking to hear from Dolphin fans all over who are my age or younger or were not old enough yet to enjoy the great teams.

I would also like to hear from the ones who experienced the thrill of being dominant and winning.

I also would like to hear from the ones who believe we will finally win a Super Bowl in the next three years.

What i hope to hear in this thread is great memories, great hope and maybe stories of what you have personally experianced as a Dolphins fan.

I will start. I was at a training camp with my wife when we had signed Suh and took pictures of Landry and Suh and others. But my greatest Dolphins moment was travelling to Miami to watch the fins beat the Seahawks in 2008, 21-19 where we actually finished first at 11-5 tied with the Patriots in most every way. I went with a good friend who was a Seahawks fan and did not realize in our crazy plan that it was Memorial Day weekend. There were Jets fling over the stadium and great pictures with cheerleaders and such. The best picture was when we stalled them on the final drive having a picture laughing at my friend taken by a fellow Dolphin fanatic. I yelled louder than i had ever done for a longer period of time than I thought possible trying to add to noise.

When I go to my next Dolphins game I truly hope the experience is even greater!!!

Lets hear from all of you true and optimistic....or little less optimistic and / or jaded Dolphin fans! Lets celebrate what we can as a Dolphins community and lifelong fans.

1977 here. Never got to see the glory years. I’ve got a few great stories about running into Jimmy Johnson, Dan Marino, and Wayne Huizenga up in Seattle during wildcard weekend in 2000 (Marino’s last win ever). When I have more time later tonight, I’ll share them.

I’m 58 years old . I’ve became a Dolphin fan in 1971 when I was 6 years old. I remember, the following season right before the Super Bowl against the Redskins in the undefeated year, an older bully kid randomly grabbed me by the shirt and said “who do you want to win the Super Bowl”? Of course I said Miami and he said okay, good and he let me go.
I’ve been to four games in Buffalo starting with my first one in 1978 while Bob Griesi was the QB and the next three games with Marino from 1984-1986. Miami won all four. I then saw two playoff games in Miami with Marino at QB. They beat KC 17-16 in the 1990 season and I saw them beat San Diego 31-0 in the 1992 season.
I saw them lose to Buffalo on a Monday night in Miami in 1991. The only time I saw them lose in person.
I saw them play in Miami in 2003, while Ricky Williams was the RB, against the Baltimore Ravens when they won the game 9-6 in a touchdown- less snooze fest.
And the last time I saw them was this year in Miami where I took my 28 year old daughter to see them for the first time ever and they beat New England 31-17.
I’ve been lucky. Miami is 8-1 in games I’ve seen in person. Maybe you guys on here should start up a GiveSendGo in order to send me to every Dolphin game next season so my good luck watching games in person can finally bring a Super Bowl championship back to Miami. 😀

Back
Top Bottom