I was born in 1974...... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was born in 1974......

What time zone are you in @Ray R ,,,,,, at 78 you are a legendary Dolphins poster if you are not living in like Hawaii

Eastern Standard Time (USA). I live in High Point, NC. that's close to Greensboro and Winston-Salem.

I've heard a lot of good things about Hawaii. I've only heard two bad things.
First - the cost of living is high, especially if you're enlisted and in the service.
Second - If you don't have a job lined up before you get to Hawaii, you will have trouble finding work.

My niece did work there as a restaurant manager, but moved back to California and is happier there.

My bucket list includes many things....but for us born in 1974 isn't that a little bit of a haha on us, Right?

I am looking to hear from Dolphin fans all over who are my age or younger or were not old enough yet to enjoy the great teams.

I would also like to hear from the ones who experienced the thrill of being dominant and winning.

I also would like to hear from the ones who believe we will finally win a Super Bowl in the next three years.

What i hope to hear in this thread is great memories, great hope and maybe stories of what you have personally experianced as a Dolphins fan.

I will start. I was at a training camp with my wife when we had signed Suh and took pictures of Landry and Suh and others. But my greatest Dolphins moment was travelling to Miami to watch the fins beat the Seahawks in 2008, 21-19 where we actually finished first at 11-5 tied with the Patriots in most every way. I went with a good friend who was a Seahawks fan and did not realize in our crazy plan that it was Memorial Day weekend. There were Jets fling over the stadium and great pictures with cheerleaders and such. The best picture was when we stalled them on the final drive having a picture laughing at my friend taken by a fellow Dolphin fanatic. I yelled louder than i had ever done for a longer period of time than I thought possible trying to add to noise.

When I go to my next Dolphins game I truly hope the experience is even greater!!!

Lets hear from all of you true and optimistic....or little less optimistic and / or jaded Dolphin fans! Lets celebrate what we can as a Dolphins community and lifelong fans.
I was just a kid when we won in 72 and 73........I saw all of Marino's career and that 1984 season when we went to the SB......always thought we'd be back with him but we still haven’t .....it'd mean so much more to win a SB now than it did back in the 70's when I was a kid.

I was the only Dolphin fan in my family of 11 kids. A younger brother became a fan too. My two sons and daughter became fans too. Oldest son is a religious Dolphins fan. I took both sons to a game in Minnesota and they lost. In that game Randy Moss left the game early at halftime because he was disgusted they weren’t up more. The next week he did it again and was caught on film and his days were numbered in Minnesota. Went with the oldest son to another game in Minnesota and they lost again. Went to the Carolina game in October with my brother, the Fins fan. Really depressed early when they were down 14-0. Texted my wife that I thought I was a #&$@ jinx. Then they reeled off 42 points. My brother and I laughed and enjoyed ourselves like little school girls. Also it was the game where Zach got his Hall of Fame ring. We were 15 rows up on Dolphins side. Had zoom camera and got great shots of Marino, Greise, Czonka, Zach and modern Dolphins. I HIGHLY recommend catching a game at Hard Rock. 👍

Last edited:
My first game was when the undefeated 12–0 Bears came to the Orange Bowl to play the Miami Dolphins. I wasn’t supposed to go but my Dad and neighbor were going and they ended up with an extra ticket and asked if I wanted to go. I still don’t think after all these years anything really matched that experience that night.

I told my self when I could afford season tickets it would be a must. Had them for 25 years. Lots of fun weekends when 13 was the QB.

Still not sure it matched that Bears game, former Dolphin players were on the sideline, the current team knew they were the last obstacle to stopping them going undefeated.

Meet plenty of players and coaches over the years, my wife also worked at a hospital and did several tests on many players and coaches.

Marino, Zach, Jason T, mandich .. too many to name. The 2 best were zach and Jim M. Both were down to earth approachable guys. Zach signed stuff for my son when he was at hospital where my wife worked (obviously my son’s favorite player after that). Jim M was particularly nice to my young son also which meant alot at the time.

Last edited:
November 7th 1974 here, so I'll be turning 50 at the end of the year. 3 favorite memories for me, and these are right off the top of my head: the 37-10 beat down of Buffalo back during their 4 straight SB trips...the WC debut against the Pats...and last year's 70-20 asswhipping to Denver. Like all the rest of you, I want to see Miami win another SB badly. I want a favorite football memory to be watching our favorite NFL team win the SB. I saw it with the Gators and the Natty's they won. I now want to see it with the Dolphins.

Born in ‘73. Of course, I have memories of the ‘82 and ‘84 Super Bowls, but they aren’t good memories.

My first game in person was pretty cool. 1986 Dolphins at Jets. One of my dad’s best childhood friends was actually the Jets team chaplain and he gave us his seats for the game. They happened to be with the Jets’ families. So there I was wearing my Marino jersey cheering for the Dolphins. Sadly, they had the last laugh (which would become a pattern with opposing fans over the next 37 years). I’ve been to countless game since in Miami, Philadelphia, Foxborough, Baltimore, East Rutherford. Best live memory was being in Miami for the 1995 home opener when we smoked the Jets 52-14.

A bit of classic rock n roll trivia for a slow news day.

Jumpin' Jack Flash" by the Rolling Stones was number one on the British Billboard pop chart.

According to a biography of Keith Richards, the first line of the song, "I was born in a crossfire hurricane," is a reference to the fact that Richards was born near London during World War II in the midst of a German air raid.

Enjoy a blast from the past.....

Born in July of 1963. It could be said, "I'm so old I can't remember". I fell in love with the team colors and uniforms as a kid. Being an out of state fan was hard back than, without Directv and the internet. It wasn't till the 80's when I got my first home computer, when my Fandom got to obsession. All the news and stories kept me glued to my computer. Too many memories to list and that includes some heartbreaking ones too.

My Dad once put a sign on my bedroom door saying, "Stay out, Miami Dolphins fan and Draftnik at Work". Once we got Directv and the Sunday Ticket, well as we say in the Neighborhood, Fuhgettabooooutit!!! You couldn't keep me away from Sunday Football.

One thing about the teams I root for, they tend to test my "Patience". The Miami Dolphins included.

Your a old man congrats
If 50 is old, I guess that makes me ancient. My daughter was born in 1977 and I still view her as my little girl.

The advantage of being as old as I am allowed me to be in the stadium when Joe Auer returned the first kickoff in Miami Dolphin history for the first TD in Dolphin history. I was also able to sit in the Orange Bowl and watch the Dolphins win every game during their undefeated season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom