I was born in 1974...... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was born in 1974......

If 50 is old, I guess that makes me ancient. My daughter was born in 1977 and I still view her as my little girl.

The advantage of being as old as I am allowed me to be in the stadium when Joe Auer returned the first kickoff in Miami Dolphin history. I was also able to sit in the Orange Bowl and watch the Dolphins win every game during their undefeated season.
Wow! That's incredible. I'm glad you've got to witness that first-hand.

Finally got to Miami this past season to witness our Dolphins beat the Raiders. I can't believe how much I needed that. Not the win, but that experience to be one with the Miami fanbase.

Could have been an entirely different season without so many injuries. It feels like this team still is ascending. I hope so.

Last edited:
My fondest memory was a Dolphins vs Jets game at the old Shea Stadium. Miami won 43-0. My uncle had gotten the tickets for my dad. We were on the 50 yard line with front row seats in an upper level section. No obstructed views and it was frigging cold. I still have the game tickets stubbs, and other memorabilia from the game.

My fondest memory was a Dolphins vs Jets game at the old Shea Stadium. Miami won 43-0. My uncle had gotten the tickets for my dad. We were on the 50 yard line with front row seats in an upper level section. No obstructed views and it was frigging cold. I still have the game tickets stubbs, and other memorabilia from the game.
Two of my better gameday memories are both from November games at the Lions.

11.05.00 at the Pontiac Silverdome, Miami 23 and Detroit 8.
Lamar Smith rushed for 125 yards.
We were on about the 45-yard line behind Detroit's bench, but only ten rows back. My oldest nephew got the tickets from his boss who had season tickets, but the one condition was that I could not wear any Miami gear. :lol:

11.23.06 at Ford Field, Miami 27 and Detroit 10.
It was Thanksgiving Day and the return of Joey Harrington to Detroit as a Dolphin. Harrington threw 3 TDs that day and the local fans did not appreciate that. Many fans brought their old Harrington jersey from his days as a Lion and were waving them around, but as the game went on many of those jerseys were thrown onto the field.
One of my favorite Thanksgiving Days ever! :R5:

A sign under which people are born, if you believe that stuff.
April 29th falls under Taurus (The Bull).
It must be true, it's in the papers. - LOL

Some folks could have fun with that.
Like a Minotaurus

I ve been to many games with friends over the years. My favorite is recent Jevon Holland int return for Td vs Jets . I was there with my son. But also my daughters first NFL game. We were sitting right above fins celebration . Magic.

I was born in 1981. I was at the afc title game in 1992. I’m confident we will win one in the next 3 years
In a way, I think ending the season the way Miami did could have benefits.

The expectations were sky high, but now is really the chance to refocus, to nail the weak spots in the roster.

Miami has been very unfortunate in the last three playoff appearances. Last year with Tua out, this year seven starters injured on defense. None of the current playoff teams would have advanced under those circumstances.

Have to think that level of injuries won't be the case next year. Buffalo isn't in a good cap spot either. The Bills are catchable.

I ve been to many games with friends over the years. My favorite is recent Jevon Holland int return for Td vs Jets . I was there with my son. But also my daughters first NFL game. We were sitting right above fins celebration . Magic.
We lost Phillips on that crummy field didn't we?

Back
Top Bottom