I was born in 1974...... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was born in 1974......

Thanks for sharing @rickd13 . Immediately i draw to you sharing Dolphins passion with your 28 year old daughter.Then I go back to your great record when in person. I envy you for being at 9 games and having great memories in person. I Hope we can all celebrate together soon!

A sign under which people are born, if you believe that stuff.
April 29th falls under Taurus (The Bull).
It must be true, it's in the papers. - LOL

Some folks could have fun with that.
What time zone are you in @Ray R ,,,,,, at 78 you are a legendary Dolphins poster if you are not living in like Hawaii

50 is really young man, especially if you eat right and take care of your body

Fav dolphin memories, Going to camp every year..like you I’ve never felt what it’s like to win it all man. So until that day my hope at camp wins out
50 is young, agreed to those who are at the right Dolphin age to have known the great years. With that bold and stupid statement, like a just about 50 year old may say lets agree that we will meet at the next camp we can get to after we of course win it all.!

December of '63...and I don't have any single memory of "becoming" a Miami fan, but I do remember watching those championship teams on tv.

I also remember taking my birthday $$ to buy this radio that was in our local Sears' clearance bin. One of the wires to the 9volt battery connection had pulled free and my dad soldered it back in place. I still have that radio to this day.
1707538083915.png
My dad also made me a Dolphins' helmet for Christmas one year. He found a white helmet with an orange stripe and the added aqua tape for the additional stripes. There were no logos back then to purchase, but I didn't care. I still have that helmet in a display case and found the logo decals recently on eBay...but I keep debating if I really want to change my dad's original handiwork.

I bought this book from Scholastic Books and still have it.

1707538743310.png
I still receive some type of Miami gear for just about every birthday and Christmas. :R5:

@RedFive I am envious that I am the first and only true Dolphins fan in my family. To share these great memories with your dad are priceless. So in your immortal Prince words I hope that you are among my dearly devoted beloved fans that share the glory again in the next few years!

@RedFive I am envious that I am the first and only true Dolphins fan in my family. To share these great memories with your dad are priceless. So in your immortal Prince words I hope that you are among my dearly devoted beloved fans that share the glory again in the next few years!
I grew up deep in Detroit Lions territory. Their fans are good people and I wished them all well in the playoffs this year, but I have never owned anything related to the Lions. Tigers, Red Wings and even the Pistons definitely, but never the Lions.

Yeah, my dad liked the fact that I never followed the herd.
:R5:

1963 here........went to my first game in 72 and have been hooked ever since.

Growing up in Florida (Orlando) back then, there was only 1 team. The Bucs and Jags didn't exist yet so all of the TV coverage and all of the media coverage was about the Fins. It was pretty amazing to know that your team was favored in every game they played and that if they lost, it was a huge upset and totally unexpected.

Those championship teams of the early 70's hold two distinct memories for me....one was the defense which was attacking and vicious and played like they wanted to kill you. The second was that running game. Csonka and Morris each had 1000 yards and Kiick was over 500. Also, a couple of future HOF's on the O-Line didn't hurt.

Definitely a great time to be a Fin Fan

You know what is so special about that to me....... is you have a favourite memory with a father included....and that you share a perspective as a young kid..... So freaking COOOOOOOL
Very well said brother, and much appreciated

50 is really young man, especially if you eat right and take care of your body

Fav dolphin memories, Going to camp every year..like you I’ve never felt what it’s like to win it all man. So until that day my hope at camp wins out
I turn 50 in a week, can’t agree with this post enough, I was working out every single morning but didn’t always eat right. Well, it finally caught up with me this past Christmas Day. I was admitted to the hospital for a heart attack. Fortunately it was minor but it definitely puts life into perspective. I’ve radically changed my diet and feel much better already. So, like djphinfan said, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES, we need as many Fins fans around as we can get!

First attended games in 1972. As a young kid it was amazing to see a sold out stadium of 80,000 waving white handkerchiefs, most everyone standing throughout the game. I listened to Rick Weaver on my transistor radio in the stands to enjoy what I was seeing. It was something I'll never forget! Back then there were very few, if any fans from the opposing team.
Great memory man!

1977 here. Never got to see the glory years. I’ve got a few great stories about running into Jimmy Johnson, Dan Marino, and Wayne Huizenga up in Seattle during wildcard weekend in 2000 (Marino’s last win ever). When I have more time later tonight, I’ll share them.
I would always see Marino. He would come into this little gourmet place I worked at in Weston and buy this little thing of (I vaguely remember but I think pasta salad) lol

I’m 58 years old . I’ve became a Dolphin fan in 1971 when I was 6 years old. I remember, the following season right before the Super Bowl against the Redskins in the undefeated year, an older bully kid randomly grabbed me by the shirt and said “who do you want to win the Super Bowl”? Of course I said Miami and he said okay, good and he let me go.
I’ve been to four games in Buffalo starting with my first one in 1978 while Bob Griesi was the QB and the next three games with Marino from 1984-1986. Miami won all four. I then saw two playoff games in Miami with Marino at QB. They beat KC 17-16 in the 1990 season and I saw them beat San Diego 31-0 in the 1992 season.
I saw them lose to Buffalo on a Monday night in Miami in 1991. The only time I saw them lose in person.
I saw them play in Miami in 2003, while Ricky Williams was the RB, against the Baltimore Ravens when they won the game 9-6 in a touchdown- less snooze fest.
And the last time I saw them was this year in Miami where I took my 28 year old daughter to see them for the first time ever and they beat New England 31-17.
I’ve been lucky. Miami is 8-1 in games I’ve seen in person. Maybe you guys on here should start up a GiveSendGo in order to send me to every Dolphin game next season so my good luck watching games in person can finally bring a Super Bowl championship back to Miami. 😀
Love the bully story lol! At least he was a Fins fan ;)

Back
Top Bottom