I was wrong | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was wrong

Oh and in regards the difference between the QBs and how much more accurate Moore is you can actually see at Moore's interception. Moore released the ball in time (before Fasano makes the cut) and if Fasano runs the correct route (cut to the inside) that ball hits him right in the numbers and the DB is not even close. Cutler always waited until the receiver made his cut. That is way too late.
And yes it was Fasano's fault because he walked off the field tapping his own chest.
Yup! Fasano knew it.....

I watched the games and watched him coach them to 14 wins since the 1-4 start. I see a team fighting tomthe very end and forcing other teams to commit errors.

If them missing 30 yard fgs to win it and us forcing them to miss it is us forcing them to commit errors, you're bias. People were saying the same junk every time Philbin got a w he didn't deserve, dolphins players always play hard regardless of the coach, they eventually couldn't put up with Philbin any longer though.

The jets run d is horrible yet somehow they have great run d vs us. I'll tell you why, gase play calls in a 5 yard area and cutler could care less which allows them to go from a bad run d to a great one. Ajayi saves Gase, other teams save Gase, Moore saves Gase, getting old real quick.

I defended Culter. Thinking that other fans were just looking for easy answer. Thinking that he threw back foot because the line gave him no time. Blamed on drops. Blamed Gase being too careful.
I was wrong. Dead wrong.
During second half, tv commentator observed Culter throws when he see an open receiver. Moore throws before the receiver makes the cut , before the receiver getting open. I don't remember Moore threw back paddled once today. That is no coincidence. Culter was playing scared. Don't want to stand tall and take a hit.
Don't want to critized Gase for making the wrong qb choice after a big win. There will be time for that.
Again, you guys were right. I was wrong.

I’m sorry, I thought you were Armando. What a clown. He waits until MM throws a pick and tweets that the fans got what they wanted. Yes we did!

Yeah because 8-8 is what Miami's record is since week 5 last year..

You're killing it!

The fact that you responded to that post how you did shows you're a broken record of ignorance, no amount of 1+1 = 2 to you as long as you get to keep spamming, you prove it endlessly. Really wish there was a way to ignore certain posters.

Cutler surprised me in the LAC game, after that he was consistently horrid. No one wanted him to fail.

We all got a glimpse of Matt Moore last year and seen him hold his own in this offense.

Matt will lose games also- count on it, but as long as he is competitive and gives us a chance I’ll take him anyday.

Just glad we get to see our team without Cutler at the helm.

Philbin's Colts Oline got Jacoby Brissett sacked 10 times today and TY Hilton calling them out. He's gonna get him killed. If i were Luck I'd sit this season out and hope for a new Oline coach in 2018.

But comparing Gase to Philbin is akin to comparing DRew Brees to Mark Sanchez!!

Not really, Gase has a lot more talent, makes a lot of the same bad decisions, calls timeouts for the other team, play calls almost identical and somehow makes bad teams look good versus us constantly. By the way our genius DC VJ is taking a really talented Broncos team and making them look terrible also. Bad coaches destroy teams, only rediculous talent on both sides can make them winners. Gase is supposed to be the great offensive mind, so ask yourself has his offense ever looked even remotely impressive? I'm not talking about certain players doing all the work either.

Watch the games, not the record. Philbin went 8-8 plenty of times he should of gone 4-12 6-10
Huh? Like taking 7 defensive time outs on the packers last drive when they were out of them and you just sacked rogers w a fumble for a 4th and 11? Philbin sucked

Cutler surprised me in the LAC game, after that he was consistently horrid. No one wanted him to fail.

We all got a glimpse of Matt Moore last year and seen him hold his own in this offense.

Matt will lose games also- count on it, but as long as he is competitive and gives us a chance I’ll take him anyday.

Just glad we get to see our team without Cutler at the helm.
I think this is very accuate. If Matt plays to his career starting percentages we have a legit shot at 9-7 or 10-6 and a possible wild card. If he plays above his norms (as he did for us last year and today) who knows? We could surprise.

Huh? Like taking 7 defensive time outs on the packers last drive when they were out of them and you just sacked rogers w a fumble for a 4th and 11? Philbin sucked

Yeah he was the worst, but as bad as he was as you just described even he got carried to wins by missed fgs to win it and other teams somehow still losing even after all of his twilight zone coaching. Hell, I'm so glad I picked the dolphins as my team when i was a kid, because no matter how many bad coaches we get our players always play hard, gotta love em. Our team is pure heart most of the time outside of a few softies we've drafted.

Win or lose, bad coaches or not, I'm always proud of my Dolphins.

I really wanted Cutler to be the better player, but Moore is obviously the better player at this point. The question is what Gase prefers: a less mistake-prone QB or a more talented Qb.

Right now I think he prefers the former unless Moore forces his hand with 2-3 straight amazing performances, which is doable but unlikely.

Gase wants a player that can “execute”, and Cutler is probably better at that in his mind. Problem is that this offense needs a jolt and Moore is far superior at improvising.

AFC east is crazy strong this year. Would be amazing if Moore kept the Cinderella story going but it’s Gase’s call ultimately.

I really wanted Cutler to be the better player, but Moore is obviously the better player at this point. The question is what Gase prefers: a less mistake-prone QB or a more talented Qb.

Right now I think he prefers the former unless Moore forces his hand with 2-3 straight amazing performances, which is doable but unlikely.

Gase wants a player that can “execute”, and Cutler is probably better at that in his mind. Problem is that this offense needs a jolt and Moore is far superior at improvising.

AFC east is crazy strong this year. Would be amazing if Moore kept the Cinderella story going but it’s Gase’s call ultimately.
Agreed. But I think with Cutler's injury, Moore will have the chance to prove his worth.

I have been a J Cut supporter mainly because I have this hope that his ceiling may give us a chance come playoff time....Honorable mention to his superior arm talent.

And we all know what MM looked like in the playoffs....

But it cannot be said enough how when MM got in their today:

The entire team elevated their play....

They played with more energy.....

MM was extremely decisive and had sound mechanics...

He looked overall, more comfortable in this offense then Cut has.....

Here's to one of these guys taking the reigns and getting us a playoff win...

We are 13-4 since going 1-4 last year and people are carrying a Gase? SMDH. Yeah the coach has nothing to do with it.
Great point. But at this juncture I don't know who should be our MVP, Gase, smoke or mirrors? If we get Tannehill back next year and fix the OL (yeah, I know, pipe dream), then maybe we can go from building a good team that squeaks by to becoming a good team that imposes our will on opponents. I wouldn't mind an occasional two-score victory margin. :D

Did everyone raise their games? Or did the QB play just improve? You might be right....but what I saw was Matt Moore setting his feet, standing tall and driving the ball down the field. He didn't play scared and he wasn't afraid to take a hit. He also made some very ballsy throws....like that back shoulder to Landry which was a thing of beauty. I also felt Gase opened up the entire playbook for Moore....he hasn't done that for Cutler.

QB play causes players to raise their game and bad QB play causes receivers to play badly. It's both.

If them missing 30 yard fgs to win it and us forcing them to miss it is us forcing them to commit errors, you're bias. People were saying the same junk every time Philbin got a w he didn't deserve, dolphins players always play hard regardless of the coach, they eventually couldn't put up with Philbin any longer though.

The jets run d is horrible yet somehow they have great run d vs us. I'll tell you why, gase play calls in a 5 yard area and cutler could care less which allows them to go from a bad run d to a great one. Ajayi saves Gase, other teams save Gase, Moore saves Gase, getting old real quick.
So no other team win so because of misse FGs or other teams throwing 3 times when they could have run it 3 times kicked a FG and won. a SB. You keep bringing up these other coachs yet they didn’t win like he has. Our team is making less mistakes than the other team last I checked that is what the good coachs get their teams to do to win. Teams that are not coaches that well commit stupid pentalies and make mistakes that cost them games. Until that happens he is a good coach as he racks up W’s.

Back
Top Bottom