If Feeley works out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Feeley works out

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Well if Feeley works out I still think that the Fins probably overpaid at the time but he will be a steal at his salary. They just said on the NFL Network that the QB salaries are about to skyrocket because of Manning's deal.

They said look for Hasselbeck to get about 25 mil and Pennington to get a 20 mil signing bonus, then Delhomme will be likely to get around 15 mil and when Brady comes up that he will be worth more then Manning and could fetch a 50 million signing bonus.

So if that's the case and Feeley works out he will be pretty cheap.

Brady worth more than Manning(50 Mil. signing bonus)? LOL!!!!!!!

Delhome to get 15 mil signing bonus?LOL!!!!

"Brady comes up that he will be worth more then Manning and could fetch a 50 million signing bonus."

:eek:

I hope this is not the case because If it is, you will see more big headed players wanting more and more and then having to limit talent in other positions more so than you have to now.

50 million dollar signing bonus for Brady? I doubt he could get a third of that. He's done a good job for the Patriots, but he is very overrated. The media makes him look like he is the reason for the success when it is coaching and defense. Brady is good but nothing more. He isn't even a Pro Bowl caliber QB IMO.

iceblizzard69 said:
50 million dollar signing bonus for Brady? I doubt he could get a third of that. He's done a good job for the Patriots, but he is very overrated. The media makes him look like he is the reason for the success when it is coaching and defense. Brady is good but nothing more. He isn't even a Pro Bowl caliber QB IMO.

I think he is. Just look at the NE game at home on the final play. Brady's pass was perfect strike right behind our safeties. That was enough proof for me.

minus said:
Brady worth more than Manning(50 Mil. signing bonus)? LOL!!!!!!!

Delhome to get 15 mil signing bonus?LOL!!!!

Brady should be worth more he's a better big game QB then Manning, he's a better pressure QB then Manning, he also owns two SB rings, Manning throws a lot of TD's but what you want is game mgnmt., and right now Brady is the best.
Manning throws too many INT's in crucial situation's, don't get me wrong he's a great QB just not as polished as Brady.

:eek: I cannot believe what I just saw. There is no way Brady is better than Manning in any form. Give Bellichek to Manning, give the O-Coordinator to Manning and give Manning that defense and he would break Marino's records.

I think its a situational thing. Give Bellichek - Manning and you would have a different situation because they are different QBs. Tom Brady is perfect for that team and that is why he and team are successful. If I'm the Patriots, I do whatever I can to keep him in town because they will not find a better QB for that particular team.

These dollars aren't based on these QB's compared to already signed, they are based on the talent level available at the time. The market will be very dry for starting QB's this will drive the price up. As far as Brady, for what it's worth that remark came from several GM's around the league so I believe somebody might pay it.

Brady is accurate, smart, has q very quick release, and has that intangable thing called confidence. He's proved he's better then Manning by winning the big one (Twice). But...Just because he has two rings doesn't mean he's the best (i.e. Marino -vs- Elway or Montana). Manning chokes in any big game. Brady hasn't yet. (D@mn him)

PhinPhreak said:
Well if Feeley works out I still think that the Fins probably overpaid at the time but he will be a steal at his salary. They just said on the NFL Network that the QB salaries are about to skyrocket because of Manning's deal.

They said look for Hasselbeck to get about 25 mil and Pennington to get a 20 mil signing bonus, then Delhomme will be likely to get around 15 mil and when Brady comes up that he will be worth more then Manning and could fetch a 50 million signing bonus.

So if that's the case and Feeley works out he will be pretty cheap.

Good perspective Phreak. This is what i like to see. I dont like reacting to something immediately. What if manning starts throwing 20+interceptions again? Dont think it cant happen. manning was in a contract year and Ifind it amazing that all of a sudden he is god? Now he has his deal. We shall see what an 18 mil/year QB can do for a team. The Feeley deal is more about the draft pick than the $ IMO. I do think we may have given up a little to much in the draft pick dept., but i gaurrantee you, if Feeley wins game andoesnt throw INT's, people will forget the trade in a heartbeat. Just keep in mind about what people have said about him. He is a game day player and is cool under pressure.

Prime Time said:
:eek: I cannot believe what I just saw. There is no way Brady is better than Manning in any form. Give Bellichek to Manning, give the O-Coordinator to Manning and give Manning that defense and he would break Marino's records.

Bottom line? Brady has 2 rings. peyton manning hasnt done anything until this past year. His 7th year no less. Brady did it from the get go. Ironic, so did Marino.

Brady's salary

Brady has two more super bowl rings than Peyton. He is well worth the money. Overrated is not a word I would associate with Brady.

50 million dollar signing bonus? He doesn't even need to play, all he has to do is get signed and roll in the money. Thats out of this world

Back
Top Bottom