If Feeley works out | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Feeley works out

The market has been set. I don't think ANY one player is worth that much of a team's salary cap. But hey if Peyton can get it, you better believe the Brady's of the world are going to expect similar (if not more) money. That would be the worst thing the Pats could do. The whole reason they are soo good is that the depth on that team is outstanding. They don't have players (minus Law) taking $8+ mil a year. That way they can afford to pay their 50th player a decent salary and therefore keep good depth.

That being said I HOPE they pay Brady that type of cash. It would be the beginning of the end of that team. Just like I think that signing Peyton to that kind of cash will end up killing that team. It will prevent them from being able to address other parts of the team.

PhinsFan4life said:
Brady has two more super bowl rings than Peyton. He is well worth the money. Overrated is not a word I would associate with Brady.

Brady has 2 Super Bowl rings because of the team he plays for. If you stick Peyton Manning on the Patriots, they will still have 2 Super Bowl rings and they would be a better team. Manning has a better arm than Brady, he is a better decision maker, and he is great at reading a defense. I would take Manning over Brady any day of the week. Brady has better coaching and a better defense around him. Manning has some very good offensive weapons but the Colts aren't as good as the Patriots. If you put Manning on the Patriots, they will become a better team. If you put Brady on the Colts, their offense will get a lot worse and their team won't be even close to being as good as they were with Peyton.

Super Bowls do not make the player. I am sick of how people overrate Brady. He is good and nothing more. He has Super Bowl rings because of coaching. His arm isn't that good and he isn't the reason why the Patriots win games.

iceblizzard69 said:
Brady has 2 Super Bowl rings because of the team he plays for. If you stick Peyton Manning on the Patriots, they will still have 2 Super Bowl rings and they would be a better team. Manning has a better arm than Brady, he is a better decision maker, and he is great at reading a defense. I would take Manning over Brady any day of the week. Brady has better coaching and a better defense around him. Manning has some very good offensive weapons but the Colts aren't as good as the Patriots. If you put Manning on the Patriots, they will become a better team. If you put Brady on the Colts, their offense will get a lot worse and their team won't be even close to being as good as they were with Peyton.

Super Bowls do not make the player. I am sick of how people overrate Brady. He is good and nothing more. He has Super Bowl rings because of coaching. His arm isn't that good and he isn't the reason why the Patriots win games.

Peyton throws INT's. Brady doesnt make mistakes.

SmokeyPhinz said:
50 million dollar signing bonus? He doesn't even need to play, all he has to do is get signed and roll in the money. Thats out of this world

Lets put it this way........if jessica simpson were a DB, peyton would throw the INT and Brady would not.

finfan54 said:
Bottom line? Brady has 2 rings. peyton manning hasnt done anything until this past year. His 7th year no less. Brady did it from the get go. Ironic, so did Marino.
Sigh... ok, so you're comparing:

A) Brady's great performance from the get-go with Marino's
B) Brady's 2 rings against Manning not having one

Guess what? Marino didn't earn a ring either... do I really think Brady is better than Marino because of it? Hell no. Case in point: Place the '80s Marino in ANY team in the league. He'd still woul've been a game-changer. Place the '03 Brady in ANY team in the league. Is he still a game-changer? Sure, it's all speculation, but I think he wouldn't be. By far.

NE's offense is taylor-made for him. Short, dump passes are the rule - and once in a while, shoot deep and pray it's good. That's it. Run once in a while...

And I think it would apply to Manning, to. Place him in another team, he's still a game-changer. Big time.

finfan54 said:
Peyton throws INT's. Brady doesnt make mistakes.
Puleeeeeeeezzze! Brady doesn't make mistakes?

Tom Brady

2003: 317/527, 60.2% --- 23 TDs, 12 INTs, 3620 yds

Peyton Manning

2003: 379/566, 67.0% --- 29 TDs, 10 INTs, 4267 yds

Stop the madness....

agreed. Brady is a good quarterback, however he is no where near Peyton Manning.

While I have great dislike for well.... all of the Mannings, you can not compare Brady to Manning. Brady plays in a team orriented system that was adapted by great caoches to fit his talents, hence the reason they are winners. Peyton on the other hand makes all the players around him better, even when they make mistakes Peyton has the Marino-like ability to put the team on his back and find a way to win.(the playoffs other than this year being the exception) Peyton's salary is outrageous and to say that any QB is worth even more is even more outrageous, by demanding such a high salary he has cost himself a shot at a ring. He has limited his teams ability to go after any players for years to come, and with Marvin coming up for a contract whats going to happen? He will probably be a free agent, with the money he is worth the Colts couldnt afford to have about 40% of the cap invested in two players.

Prime Time said:
:eek: I cannot believe what I just saw. There is no way Brady is better than Manning in any form. Give Bellichek to Manning, give the O-Coordinator to Manning and give Manning that defense and he would break Marino's records.
lets not gooverboard here. noone in history can break dan's records. who can average 318 per game with 3 td's a game???

Brady is a clown, in the circus that is the NE offense, they have an offense that can only show case the QB, they throw to everyone on the field not allowing the defence to take something away, what they do is spread the ball around, cause no one part is greater than another, they also run the dink & dunk offense where the QB throws the ball no more than 7 yards, unless the other team blows there coverage and then they will throw deep. NE is the best Coached team in the league, and get players that are coachable. Don't have to be great or playmakers just do your job, and they do what they are asked, thus they succeed.

Brady

iceblizzard69 said:

IMO, Peyton has more to work with, and a solid defense. Brady has what to work with? I think we have a hard time admitting as Dolphin Fans, that NE has some pretty good players and Brady is probably the best one on the offensive side of the ball. Take Harrisson, James, Pollard and Wayne away from Manning and give him Smith-Faulk, Brown-Bethel.. Would he still have the same #'s?

Brady is a clown

philyphin said:
Brady is a clown, in the circus that is the NE offense, they have an offense that can only show case the QB, they throw to everyone on the field not allowing the defence to take something away, what they do is spread the ball around, cause no one part is greater than another, they also run the dink & dunk offense where the QB throws the ball no more than 7 yards, unless the other team blows there coverage and then they will throw deep. NE is the best Coached team in the league, and get players that are coachable. Don't have to be great or playmakers just do your job, and they do what they are asked, thus they succeed.

Obviously this clown and circus are better than most in the NFL.

Manning = GREAT QB, on a GOOD team (like Marino)
Brady = GOOD QB, on a GREAT team (like Montana)

Brady is overrated by people claiming he's a GREAT QB.........he plays for a GREAT team & system, and he's a GOOD QB, but that's it.

RE: Manning = GREAT QB, on a GOOD team (like Marino)
Brady = GOOD QB, on a GREAT team (like Montana)

I can agree with that statement..

PhinsFan4life said:
IMO, Peyton has more to work with, and a solid defense. Brady has what to work with? I think we have a hard time admitting as Dolphin Fans, that NE has some pretty good players and Brady is probably the best one on the offensive side of the ball. Take Harrisson, James, Pollard and Wayne away from Manning and give him Smith-Faulk, Brown-Bethel.. Would he still have the same #'s?
Yes.

The offenses are made around the marquee players. NE doesn't have a running game, so the offense is architectured around the QB - and, since theirs isn't particularly strong, they run, as said, the dink-and-dunk offense. Brady is a pocket-passer for the short-range passing game. And he's great at it.

Now look at Indy. They have BOTH a marquee RB and a marquee QB, and still their offense has consisted, almost entirely, of the passing game - with the opportunistic running game going in, too. And if you have a QB that hit receivers in all 3 ranges (-10, 10-25, 25+), it would be a huge neglect to misuse him (or not at all). So, if you are using Bethel Johnson with Manning... you'd try different play-calling, maybe play-action... but you'd get similar numbers. Peyton has great accuracy, like Brady, so he'd still connect with his receivers.

Now... Peyton has a SOLID defense? Not so much as Brady. And to say Brady has nothing to work with... well... he has arguably the best OC (at least by going on this list's opinions) and a set of solid route-running, pass-catching receivers.Take a look at a Pats game. His receivers WILL NOT drop the ball - most QB would be happy with that kind of receivers. Whether is route-running, coaching, whatever, the QB looks a heck of a lot better that way...

IMO, Peyton has contributed to his team's success far more than Brady.

Back
Top Bottom