if it's true... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if it's true...

i pretty much was saying there that the texans got it right and i missed with bush

not that bush isn't a solid player and contributor and to this day mismatch for defenses but he's not played up to the #2 overall pick in the draft status either

Nah, to each their own. But when I see obvious shortcomings with my favourite team, Im not going to pretend they arent there. Id rather acknowledge them and hope they are dealt with, than just think cheering really hard will make everything ok. The thing about the cheerleader types is they spew all kinds of unrealistic crap, but then never own up to it. Thats why I no longer take that type of fan seriously.

yes. exactly

I think next year's QBs could be a bumper crop. Jake Locker just needs to develop more consistency. I don't see anything inherently wrong with his ability to throw accurately. He and Ryan Mallett both still have an opportunity to head into the next year and develop more consistency in their mechanics, in their game. What you like about Locker is that with the new coaching at Washington, he's really taken to a pro style like a fish in water, and he goes out there and looks like a pro. He makes pro decisions. He throws a pro ball. He has the makings of pro accuracy. He handles pressure. The game he had against LSU might not look like much on paper, but throw for throw, that was a pro quarterback sitting under center. Experience will help him tremendously. And I think Ryan Mallett has loads of potential, he plays games that are so different from what I had seen earlier in his career. Watch his performance against Troy some time. Troy fields some athletes on their defense but he picked them apart, while still under pressure from Sheffield and Lang, who hit him pretty often. He has that fearless ability to step into a throw and make his mark to a pinpoint while about to take a vicious shot. He sees the field well.

Then you have Christian Ponder, who I honestly believe might be better than both of those guys. He is an excellent quarterback with pro written all over him.

Andy Dalton bears watching, he has really led that TCU team to something special, he's got a good arm, accuracy and he's got some size, but the leadership stands out the most. Greg McElroy really started to step up at the end of this year, and I would be on a serious lookout for him. I'm interested in seeing how he handles this championship game and when he comes back for another year, I wouldn't be surprised if he rockets up the boards. Ben Chappell of Indiana bears watching. He's got size, an arm, and he takes wicked hits in that offense but keeps bouncing back. He doesn't have the talent around him to compete with the defenses he plays against on a regular basis, but he keeps firing back at them.

And as I've been discussing with Simon, what stands out most about this draft season are the players that won't even be available to draft until next year. Some of the best players in the country aren't even draft eligible. Guys like Jonathan Baldwin, Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, A.J. Green, Mark Ingram, Dion Lewis, DaQuan Bowers, Robert Quinn, Patrick Peterson, Luke Kuechly...

Where I'm going with this is, there are some QBs that fit into this category as well. Perhaps the best QB in the country, bar none, is Andrew Luck. He's a redshirt freshman this year, and he'll be a redshirt sophomore next year. After the 2010 season, he may come to face some tough decisions. He'll have seen what staying in for another year cost Sam Bradford. By that time, I think Jim Harbaugh could also leave for greener pastures (if he doesn't this year). He'll be draft eligible because he'll be three years out of high school, and he could come out just as Sam Bradford probably should have a year ago.

Another guy to keep an eye on there would be Blaine Gabbert, who is a physical specimen, though none of the scouts will particularly like the system he runs in Missouri.

I agree with a lot of this on the quarterbacks (Locker, Mallet, Ponder, etc.)....and most of all Greg McElroy......I was very skeptical on Ponder but let me tell ya...that kid has some serious NFL potential IMO as a WCO quarterback...

When you're talking about the ineligible talent in this years draft...I think you have to mention DeAndre Brown as well with some of these other guys.....6-6, 230 and runs in the 4.4-4.5 range.....he led all freshman WR's in the country in rec's, yards, TD's, etc...then broke his leg in the bowl game....and still put up good numbers as a sophmore this year despite missing 3 games....and without Austin Davis at quarterback....

Robert Quinn is sick talented...but he had his struggles against Anthony Costanzo and Jason Fox this year.....I'm pretty high on the kid from Penn St. too (Jack Crawford)....compares very favorably to Quinn in the size/speed ratio etc...except might be an even better athlete..(if you can believe that)....

Rahim Moore....Dont'a Hightower...Marcel Dareus...Brandon Harris......etc..

We're going to have a lot of fun evaluating all these guys next year...

I see about 63 or 64 talents that could all be in the 2011 draft instead of this one, and all of them are guys that I really like. That's highly unusual for being a year out.

The anticipation leading up to the draft is so frustrating. I just hope that Dez Bryant isn't sitting there with our #1 pick and we pass by him. I understand there are good WRs in next year's draft but why not take the BPA this year and IMO that would have to be Bryant.

Next year we could get another good WR in the draft and immediately we'd be the Eagles of the AFC East.

I see about 63 or 64 talents that could all be in the 2011 draft instead of this one, and all of them are guys that I really like. That's highly unusual for being a year out.

And of course the patriots will probably have the Raiders top 5 pick in that draft...go figure.

Back
Top Bottom