if it's true... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if it's true...

Given the chance to do it all over again...nobody would have spent a #1 on Reggie.

spiller is more like chris johnson than reggie. i think he will be gone though by the time we pick so im hoping on mclain or spikes. gresham wouldnt be a bad pick, a bit of a reach though.

C.J. Spiller is one of the best backs I've ever personally graded, granted I haven't been doing this for a few decades or anything like that, but he's a very significant talent.

Adrian Peterson is the best I've ever graded.

I wasn't a fan of Reggie Bush.

I was a big fan of Chris Johnson, though.

what wasn't there to love about adrian peterson??? other than that upright running style and the clavicle injury i thought he was without question one of the premier running backs i've ever seen...

i mean from the time he gets the ball in the backfield til the time he gets to the los the explosive power and acceleration there is bar none the best i've ever seen...

and the punishing style...what a player

regarding reggie bush i LOVED him when he came out thought that the texans were crazy for passing on him...oh well

and i thought that chris johnson was a poor mans reggie bush...lol didn't think that johnson would hold up running inside like he has...

you hit some you miss some...

Adrian Peterson? Oh yeah I was definitely amongst the ones that thought it would have been crazy to pass on Peterson if he fell to us. That year, he and Calvin Johnson were two of the most sure fire future Pro Bowl selections I'd ever seen, and Patrick Willis was very close to them. Obviously some people didn't agree because Peterson nearly fell out of the top ten.

If Peterson fell, Randy Mueller still would have taken Ginn. Such is life.

With Chris Johnson and Reggie Bush, the differences were subtle...but significant. Johnson ran with lower hips and it helped him actually break tackles at the college level, despite his size, because he had really good balance along with that short step quickness. I didn't see the ability to create yards after contact in Reggie Bush. And despite his extravagant agility, I didn't really see uber-impressive straight line speed to go with his skinny stature and lack of power. Bush is fast, but he's not faster than everyone on the field. There was absolutely no doubt that Chris Johnson had the super duper straight line speed to be faster than everyone on the field, once he blew the doors off the 40 at that Combine...and to me I hypothesize that C.J. Spiller has similar straight line speed as well, in addition to the ability to create yards after contact because of his build and hips, and the ability to not lose any speed while cutting (which was something that Bush had). His vision is very strong, as well.

I loved Patrick Willis in that draft. I can't believe we passes on him. In hindsight things are always better but Just imagine if we did this...

R1: Santonio Holmes

R1: Patrick Willis
R2A: Lamarr Woodley

Those 3 players and we are contenders for the AFC title

Adrian Peterson? Oh yeah I was definitely amongst the ones that thought it would have been crazy to pass on Peterson if he fell to us. That year, he and Calvin Johnson were two of the most sure fire future Pro Bowl selections I'd ever seen, and Patrick Willis was very close to them. Obviously some people didn't agree because Peterson nearly fell out of the top ten.

If Peterson fell, Randy Mueller still would have taken Ginn. Such is life.

With Chris Johnson and Reggie Bush, the differences were subtle...but significant. Johnson ran with lower hips and it helped him actually break tackles at the college level, despite his size, because he had really good balance along with that short step quickness. I didn't see the ability to create yards after contact in Reggie Bush. And despite his extravagant agility, I didn't really see uber-impressive straight line speed to go with his skinny stature and lack of power. Bush is fast, but he's not faster than everyone on the field. There was absolutely no doubt that Chris Johnson had the super duper straight line speed to be faster than everyone on the field, once he blew the doors off the 40 at that Combine...and to me I hypothesize that C.J. Spiller has similar straight line speed as well, in addition to the ability to create yards after contact because of his build and hips, and the ability to not lose any speed while cutting (which was something that Bush had). His vision is very strong, as well.

those are excellent points...especially the balance and short step quickness of chris johnson...

i've noticed those almost choppy steps from him even while maintaining full speed...his feet are always under him

and i'm with you on cj spiller...

I personally feel that CJ Spiller is over-hyped by the majority and I personally would rather we pass on him if he's there and go after someone like Toby Gerhart in round 2 or 3. It seems that many people dismiss Gerhart because of his speed. I have been quite impressed with his ability to push the stack, fall forward, and make something out of nothing. He's not as much of a homerun threat as Spiller, but he seems to me to be more consistent and reliable.

As for what I think we should take with our first round pick, I think we should take Taylor Mays if he is there. When I have watched him play he was all over the field making plays. I can't really argue for or against Eric Berry because I haven't seen a single Tennesse game this year. As for other positions, I would ideally like Suh over everyone else in this draft, but I don't think it is realistic to think that he'll drop to where we pick. As for Dez Bryant, I have seen some highlights of him and they look pretty good, but it worries me that he has been out for much of the season. He could certainly work out well, but I'm not currently comfortable with taking him with our first pick. I can't say that I've payed any attention to Brandon Spikes or Rolando McClain, so I really have no basis on which to judge them. I almost forgot Gerald McCoy, I was impressed when I saw him play, but he's not who I'd go after with our pick.

I hope that the Front Office gives serious consideration to Dennis Pitta in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, I think he will be a very good receiving TE for whatever team picks him up.

i pretty much disagree with all of that...not a fan of gerhardt, not a fan of pitta, and definitely not a fan of taylor mayes...

regarding reggie bush i LOVED him when he came out thought that the texans were crazy for passing on him...oh well

I'd say the Texans did pretty damn well without him. Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans, and Owen Daniels in the same draft. Seriously? :hump:

Back
Top Bottom