if it's true... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if it's true...

I would rank the talent in this draft as follows...

1. Ndamukong Suh-DT-Nebraska
2. Eric Berry-S-Nebraska
3. Gerald McCoy-DT-Oklahoma
4. Dez Bryant-WR-Oklahoma State
5. CJ Spiller-RB-Clemson
6. Russell Okung-OT-Oklahoma State
7. Brandon Spikes-ILB-Florida
8. Jermaine Gresham-TE-Oklahoma
9. Derrick Morgan-DE/OLB-Georgia Tech
10. Rolando McClain-ILB-Alabama
11. Jimmy Clausen-QB-Notre Dame
12. Dan Williams-NT-Tennessee
13. Sam Bradford-QB-Oklahoma
14. Earl Thomas-S-Texas
15. Bruce Campbell-OT-Maryland

I think Dez Bryant is a real possibility where we stand...I wish Jake Locker would declare b/c that would help his chances of falling to us

Some people can just smell a rat a mile away....they're few and far between....but they often bring the most knowledge to fan message boards rather than just blend in with all the *** kissing and pom-pom waving...

They could sense it with John Beck when it wasn't POPULAR to bash him....they could see it with Ginn when it wasn't POPULAR to bash him....they could sense it with Cam Cameron when it wasn't POPULAR to bash him....they could see it with Jason Allen when it wasn't POPULAR to bash him...

...they could sense it in Jake Long when they said he should be a Right Tackle...they could see it in Randy Starks when they emphatically declared that he should be cut, because he's just a useless backup and we don't need a backup that gets in trouble with the law...they could smell it with Ronnie Brown, calling him just a college backup...they could see it in Brian Hartline, calling him a wasted draft pick...they could sense it with Paul Soliai, saying there is absolutely nothing impressive about him and he shouldn't even be on roster...they could see it with Sean Smith, calling for him to be moved to safety...

So much for the wisdom of the criticizers.

My name has the word "parrot" in it, but someone in here other than me is doing the parroting of other peoples' opinions and calling it their own.

...they could sense it in Jake Long when they said he should be a Right Tackle...they could see it in Randy Starks when they emphatically declared that he should be cut, because he's just a useless backup and we don't need a backup that gets in trouble with the law...they could smell it with Ronnie Brown, calling him just a college backup...they could see it in Brian Hartline, calling him a wasted draft pick...they could sense it with Paul Soliai, saying there is absolutely nothing impressive about him and he shouldn't even be on roster...they could see it with Sean Smith, calling for him to be moved to safety...

So much for the wisdom of the criticizers.

They could smell it when they said Patrick Turner couldn't get seperation or run routes....they could sense it when they said you'd have to be a fool to take Chad Istheantichristington over 2nd year Matt Ryan...they could sense it when they said that Gibril Wilson was a waste of money and that Miami's $50 million safeties better play like it...they could smell it when they said that the offense would convert more 3rd downs and score more points under Chad Henne (even though he couldn't "beat out" the incumbent)....the could sense it when they said Ricky is an AFM (automatic fumble machine)....they could smell it when they said Pat White was a waste of a perfectly good 2nd round draft pick..

Your turn...:lol:

My name has the word "parrot" in it, but someone in here other than me is doing the parroting of other peoples' opinions and calling it their own.

No need to be vague parrot if there's a point you would like to get across....be specific...

Perhaps a F/A - Draft scenario, that could happen is, drafting Mike Williams the Syracuse WR in the 3rd-4th round range and signing Antonio Bryant as a F/A !!!

Some thoughts...

1. Someone asked me, given where we're set to select, who would I be "giddy" if became available to us. The answer is Dez Bryant, Eric Berry and C.J. Spiller. You don't get a shot at talents like theirs very often.

2. I find myself agreeing with hooshoops on nearly everything he says. There may be an ILB solution for us in this free agent period, so let's not go nuts over Rolondo McClain yet. And I'm not even saying that as a Brandon Spikes proponent, I'm saying that as a realist.

3. NFL Draft Scout has Brandon Spikes rated as their #7 overall talent in the entire draft. They haven't added the juniors in yet, but it's nice to see someone else agree with my point of view on Spikes' potential value at the NFL level...especially when that someone else is a site that has their ears to the tracks as superbly as they do when it comes to how the scouts are valuing certain players.

4. Dez Bryant or no Dez Bryant, there's somewhat of a chance to get something done at that position in the free agent period as well. While it seems doubtful Miles Austin or Vincent Jackson would make it out as free agents, IMO Antonio Bryant would be an excellent addition. Also, we *know* that this staff have a high opinion of Braylon Edwards. We know this because at draft time they came very close to pulling the trigger on a trade that would have sent Ronnie Brown to Cleveland for Braylon Edwards straight up. They shelved that trade, never re-visited, and Edwards had a chance to potentially kill us twice this year. If the Jets don't get him locked up...watch out. Miami has the QB that took Braylon Edwards to the BCS Championship Game as a mere freshman. There has to be some draw for him down here.

Great points. Now, would it be too ridiculous to want Edwards and Bryant? Because, I kinda do.

braylon edwards has a serious case of the drops...i prefer antonio bryant if free agency is a route

also i believe that both jimmy clausen and sam bradford will come off to qb needy teams before we pick

They could smell it when they said Patrick Turner couldn't get seperation or run routes....they could sense it when they said you'd have to be a fool to take Chad Istheantichristington over 2nd year Matt Ryan...they could sense it when they said that Gibril Wilson was a waste of money and that Miami's $50 million safeties better play like it...they could smell it when they said that the offense would convert more 3rd downs and score more points under Chad Henne (even though he couldn't "beat out" the incumbent)....the could sense it when they said Ricky is an AFM (automatic fumble machine)....they could smell it when they said Pat White was a waste of a perfectly good 2nd round draft pick..

Your turn...:lol:

Some of these I'm not even sure what you're talking about. At least everything I cited was an actual much-talked-about and widely-held view from amongst the people that like to criticize every little thing Miami does.

But now you're talking about Chad Pennington versus Matt Ryan? How is that even relevant in any way whatsoever? Not very many people criticized the Gibril Wilson signing at all. And this Chad Henne converting 3rd downs thing, what is this nonsense? It's not even topical, you're just taking arguments that you've had with somebody, anyone, where you feel you ended up right, and then tossing them out there. Who talked about Ricky's fumbling? That was never any kind of hot issue whatsoever.

The only relevant ones you brought up were the criticisms of Pat Turner (which may or may not continue to be justified) and Pat White (which also may or may not continue to be justified).

At least when I brought up examples of popular criticisms that turned out to be more than a little bit dumb, I wasn't just limiting myself to a personal crusade of showing that I've been right about everything, always. In fact, I included at least one criticism (Brian Hartline) that I myself leveled at the team and was shown to be misguided.

As for more examples I could bring up of popular criticisms that have proved to be a little dumb, how about the criticisms of Channing Crowder to the point where people tried to say that Akin Ayodele and Reggie Torbor are better (especially in coverage)? Every time Channing has been out of the game from last year to this year, his absence has been very noticeable, ESPECIALLY in coverage. How about the criticism that it's stupid to place any hopes on Cameron Wake because he's just a CFL player? How about the original criticism of signing Chad Pennington? There was plenty of that, and I myself was guilty of it to some extent. How about the calls for Lousaka Polite to be cut during the preseason, because he can't lead block? I remember those.

Bottom line is though there is plenty of cheerleading going on, people that get upset whenever they see someone levy any kind of criticism at the team, players or coaches, there is also plenty of naysaying going on, people just blindly criticizing to be contrarian and not really having proper reason. I don't see manipulating the phenomenon into some us-against-everyone mentality where the criticizers hold the wisdom of the world and everyone who argues against them are just blind homers, especially since it's just a convenient guise for your personal crusade to prove you've always been right about everything you've ever argued.

I recall all the opinions of Cam Wake in the offseason, most from ppl who had watched a video of him grabbing money off the roof of the dressing room. If thats all you need to have an informed opinion of a players abilities on the football field, thats awesome. There were ppl going to both extremes, some making fun of the CFL and calling him a bum, and some proclaiming him the next Lawrence Taylor. Then some like myself were in the middle, stating he would most likely be a 3rd down pass rusher. But hey, I only watched him in person for 2 years here.

Back
Top Bottom