if it's true... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if it's true...

Those of you hoping for this team to lose next week need to stop being pro football fans and stick to the madden fantasy drafts. How can you call yourself a fan you play to win the game not for next year.

Those of you hoping for this team to lose next week need to stop being pro football fans and stick to the madden fantasy drafts. How can you call yourself a fan you play to win the game not for next year.

We missed the playoffs so saving face is useless.

How much better is Dez Bryant than the tall WR talent coming out for 2011? That's the real question. I think we can get the job done with someone like Antonio Bryant and the receivers we already have. (Yeah, I really did just say that :chuckle:)

I'm no expert, but I think a McClain/Spikes or Jerry Hughes 1st round pick with Morgan Burnett or Earl Thomas (dreaming on this one lol) 2nd would be the way to go. Then get either an OLB or Micah Johnson and a NT.

Alternatively, we could go with Dan Williams and then try to pick up other linebackers and maybe try out a safety.

Doesn't really make much difference at this point anyway....

Miami was mixed in with a pack of over half a dozen AFC teams with 7-7 records a week ago...

I'd rather Miami be picking at the front of that pack come April as opposed to watching them be down by 4 touchdowns at halftime of another first round blowout on the road in the playoffs...

The cheerleaders around here received the distinct pleasure of their first round playoff *** whipping last year...

Doesn't really make much difference at this point anyway....

Miami was mixed in with a pack of over half a dozen AFC teams with 7-7 records a week ago...

I'd rather Miami be picking at the front of that pack come April as opposed to watching them be down by 4 touchdowns at halftime of another first round blowout on the road in the playoffs...

The cheerleaders around here received the distinct pleasure of their first round playoff *** whipping last year...

I said the same thing & got called a disgrace to all Fin Fans. lol.

I said the same thing & got called a disgrace to all Fin Fans. lol.

Meh...who gives a **** what they call you....you dont have to prove anything to the FINNIEST FIN FANS in all of FIN FAN LAND...

If it's your opinion on what the best scenario is to increase the chances of the team acquiring a much needed impact player in the draft...then that's your opinion...

Meh...who gives a **** what they call you....you dont have to prove anything to the FINNIEST FIN FANS in all of FIN FAN LAND...

If it's your opinion on what the best scenario is to increase the chances of the team acquiring a much needed impact player in the draft...then that's your opinion...

Yea. So many people feel that their standards are what everyone needs to reach, and it's not even close to that.

What really describes a true fan? I get upset after a loss, but if I'm not suicidal and cursing every member of the team, am I not a true fan?

It seems like Finheaven should have a hotline after a loss that helps people cope with a loss.

Yea. So many people feel that their standards are what everyone needs to reach, and it's not even close to that.

What really describes a true fan? I get upset after a loss, but if I'm not suicidal and cursing every member of the team, am I not a true fan?

It seems like Finheaven should have a hotline after a loss that helps people cope with a loss.

The "real fans" are the ones who come on here after a loss and want 10 players cut and the entire coaching staff axed. ( I will say that Sparano also worries me a bit, I see him as nothing more than a motivator.) These "real fans" also say things during Sundays like "Ted Ginn runs really fast" "throw the f****n ball, Ginn was wide open." "oh man, why did you run to the left?" "look out, look out, throw it" " get me another beer" " I could have caught that" " our wr core is just fine" " Joey and JT are going to terrorize qb's" "Tom Brady sucks" and so on............. these are your real fans. they see the game on a level i can only dream of.

The "real fans" are the ones who come on here after a loss and want 10 players cut and the entire coaching staff axed. ( I will say that Sparano also worries me a bit, I see him as nothing more than a motivator.) These "real fans" also say things during Sundays like "Ted Ginn runs really fast" "throw the f****n ball, Ginn was wide open." "oh man, why did you run to the left?" "look out, look out, throw it" " get me another beer" " I could have caught that" " our wr core is just fine" " Joey and JT are going to terrorize qb's" "Tom Brady sucks" and so on............. these are your real fans. they see the game on a level i can only dream of.

:chuckle:

I just root for my team and hope for the best.

Doesn't that count?

Or do I have to criticize everything?

Nah, to each their own. But when I see obvious shortcomings with my favourite team, Im not going to pretend they arent there. Id rather acknowledge them and hope they are dealt with, than just think cheering really hard will make everything ok. The thing about the cheerleader types is they spew all kinds of unrealistic crap, but then never own up to it. Thats why I no longer take that type of fan seriously.

I just root for my team and hope for the best.

Doesn't that count?

Or do I have to criticize everything?

Some people can just smell a rat a mile away....they're few and far between....but they often bring the most knowledge to fan message boards rather than just blend in with all the *** kissing and pom-pom waving...

They could sense it with John Beck when it wasn't POPULAR to bash him....they could see it with Ginn when it wasn't POPULAR to bash him....they could sense it with Cam Cameron when it wasn't POPULAR to bash him....they could see it with Jason Allen when it wasn't POPULAR to bash him...

Goon summed it all up best in one simple post a while back...

"Put the player/coach in a Jets uniform and see if the arguement you're trying to make still holds up"....

Being a fan doesn't mean you're required to be naive...

Some people can just smell a rat a mile away....they're few and far between....but they often bring the most knowledge to fan message boards rather than just blend in with all the *** kissing and pom-pom waving...

They could sense it with John Beck when it wasn't POPULAR to bash him....they could see it with Ginn when it wasn't POPULAR to bash him....they could sense it with Cam Cameron when it wasn't POPULAR to bash him....they could see it with Jason Allen when it wasn't POPULAR to bash him...

"Put the player/coach in a Jets uniform and see if the arguement you're trying to make still holds up"....

Being a fan doesn't mean you're required to be nieve...

I mean, I see all the flaws. I worry about them. But, I'm more of a sit back kind of guy. I don't care if someone wants to cuss out the world, or praise the worst player on the team...it's just when people criticize others for the way the vent that confuses me. I just don't understand how one person can determine what a "true fan" is and call others out for not living up to a random person's standard.

But, I agree with you.

Being a fan doesn't mean you're required to be nieve...

On that same line of reasoning, Revis and David Harris would be gods if wearing teal. I bashed Beck and Ginn from the beginning. crap is crap, as some of us know.

Back
Top Bottom