if it's true... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if it's true...

I mean, I see all the flaws. I worry about them. But, I'm more of a sit back kind of guy. I don't care if someone wants to cuss out the world, or praise the worst player on the team...it's just when people criticize others for the way the vent that confuses me. I just don't understand how one person can determine what a "true fan" is and call others out for not living up to a random person's standard.

But, I agree with you.

Most of the ppl who pull the "real fan" bs out are the ones who know they are over matched if they actually start to talk football and not just cheer. Ive sat back for a long time waiting for some competent football ppl to run this team, and then they go and try and get cute and draft Pat White.

Most of the ppl who pull the "real fan" bs out are the ones who know they are over matched if they actually start to talk football and not just cheer. Ive sat back for a long time waiting for some competent football ppl to run this team, and then they go and try and get cute and draft Pat White.

Unfortunately.

A majority of the picks I can understand and some are coming along nicely. While I won't judge White fully until I see what they are really planning for him in the long haul, I still would have been happier to see Clint Sintim here.

Unfortunately.

A majority of the picks I can understand and some are coming along nicely. While I won't judge White fully until I see what they are really planning for him in the long haul, I still would have been happier to see Clint Sintim here.

Max Unger or Massaquoi Id take over White as well. It was a luxury pick for a team thats stacked and just wants a toy on offense. Unless he can start making plays with his arm, having him come in to simply hand the ball off seems pointless.

I mean, I see all the flaws. I worry about them. But, I'm more of a sit back kind of guy. I don't care if someone wants to cuss out the world, or praise the worst player on the team...it's just when people criticize others for the way the vent that confuses me. I just don't understand how one person can determine what a "true fan" is and call others out for not living up to a random person's standard.

But, I agree with you.

I think what you're talking about comes from insecurity in their own "fanhood"......for lack of a better term..

Lets face it....if the raving lunatics didn't care and weren't passionate about their team...they wouldn't even take the time to point what concerns them....or flat out call a spade a spade...

These are professional athletes and coaches making millions of dollars....and some fans feel the need to protect them from criticism like they're 6 year old pee wee leaguers..

Some fans don't require delusional expectations to remain loyal to the team and organization....they can see it for it is (this goes for individual players as well) and still remain loyal Dolphin fans....

Hell I've been doing it longer than most these kids have been alive....there's nothing to prove in here....

Max Unger or Massaquoi Id take over White as well. It was a luxury pick for a team thats stacked and just wants a toy on offense. Unless he can start making plays with his arm, having him come in to simply hand the ball off seems pointless.

I do wonder what would have happened if he hit Ginn during the Atlanta game.

I think what you're talking about comes from insecurity in their own "fanhood"......for lack of a better term..

Lets face it....if the raving lunatics didn't care and weren't passionate about their team...they wouldn't even take the time to point what concerns them....or flat out call a spade a spade...

These are professional athletes and coaches making millions of dollars....and some fans feel the need to protect them from criticism like they're 6 year old pee wee leaguers..

Some fans don't require dilusional expectations to remain loyal to the team and organization....they can see it for it is (this goes for individual players as well) and still remain loyal Dolphin fans....

Hell I've been doing it longer than most these kids have been alive....there's nothing to prove in here....

Yea. I was mainly wondering about this post in this thread.

NAPPS said:
Those of you hoping for this team to lose next week need to stop being pro football fans and stick to the madden fantasy drafts. How can you call yourself a fan you play to win the game not for next year.

A fan can feel any way he wants and express himself in any form. But I guess this guy feels we should all live up to his standard of fanhood.

If we are out of the playoffs, pending some huge miracle...and have a good shot at making this team better, I'm not gonna blast someone for wanting to lose vs. the Steelers.

Yea. I was mainly wondering about this post in this thread.

A fan can feel any way he wants and express himself in any form. But I guess this guy feels we should all live up to his standard of fanhood.

If we are out of the playoffs, pending some huge miracle...and have a good shot at making this team better, I'm not gonna blast someone for wanting to lose vs. the Steelers.

at this point it makes no sense to win just for pride and so some fans can feel all warm and fuzzy goin into the offseason. id rather have a shot at a playmaker at wr or a guy who will make a difference on D. possibly picking 10 spots ahead based on 1 less win? ill take one less win.

at this point it makes no sense to win just for pride and so some fans can feel all warm and fuzzy goin into the offseason. id rather have a shot at a playmaker at wr or a guy who will make a difference on D. possibly picking 10 spots ahead based on 1 less win? ill take one less win.

Call me a horrible fan, but if it possibly means Dez Bryant, I don't care if we lose to Pitt.

We missed the playoffs so saving face is useless.

How much better is Dez Bryant than the tall WR talent coming out for 2011? That's the real question. I think we can get the job done with someone like Antonio Bryant and the receivers we already have. (Yeah, I really did just say that :chuckle:)

I'm no expert, but I think a McClain/Spikes or Jerry Hughes 1st round pick with Morgan Burnett or Earl Thomas (dreaming on this one lol) 2nd would be the way to go. Then get either an OLB or Micah Johnson and a NT.

Alternatively, we could go with Dan Williams and then try to pick up other linebackers and maybe try out a safety.

i don't know about you but i plan on making the playoffs in 2010 and maybe winning a playoff game so i think that likely we'll be picking in the 20's next year...there are highly rated wrs in next years class but who's to say any of those guys are on the board when we pick???

dez bryant is far and away the best wr in this class...look at the tape...it's not close and he fills a huge position of need with the bpa...

in fact as long as we go bpa at position of need we'll be fine and there are plenty of candidates...

in order and in stone lol...

eric berry fs
dez bryant wr
rolando mcclain ilb
cj spiller rb
jermaine gresham te
jerry hughes wolb

i only have the weakside olb hughes that late cause there are conflicting opinions amongst us as to what cameron wake is long term...some see him as a long term situational pass rusher only with his hands in the dirt others think he's the longterm weakside backer...

dan williams i love as a nose but right now he doesn't warrant top 15 consideration for me...

and i don't for the life of me see any potential strongside backer warranting a top 15 or even 20 pick...

cj spiller is a rare talent and playmaker

the worst place to finish in either conference is last team to miss the playoffs. 2nd worst spot is first round playoff elimination. we made the playoffs last year and took a step back this year. i'm not heartbroken if we pick up 3-4 draft slots 2010.

Back
Top Bottom