if it's true... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if it's true...

IDK, I would rather take ILB like Spikes or McClain than a WR like Dez Bryant. I feel that a linebacker could come in and have more of an immediate impact than a rookie WR.

lol...dez bryant from the day he sets his foot in miami would be our best wr and contribute immediately...sure looks that way on tape to me

just about all of those guys i listed come in from day 1 and contribute...heck they all may even start from day 1

spiller and hughes would depend on what happens with ronnie and wake this offseason but they'd all contribute and be long term staples of this team

of course...if we were to plug a position of need in free agency well i'd just go to the next position of need bpa

i don't know about you but i plan on making the playoffs in 2010 and maybe winning a playoff game so i think that likely we'll be picking in the 20's next year...there are highly rated wrs in next years class but who's to say any of those guys are on the board when we pick???

dez bryant is far and away the best wr in this class...look at the tape...it's not close and he fills a huge position of need with the bpa...

in fact as long as we go bpa at position of need we'll be fine and there are plenty of candidates...

in order and in stone lol...

eric berry fs
dez bryant wr
rolando mcclain ilb
cj spiller rb
jermaine gresham te
jerry hughes wolb

i only have the weakside olb hughes that late cause there are conflicting opinions amongst us as to what cameron wake is long term...some see him as a long term situational pass rusher only with his hands in the dirt others think he's the longterm weakside backer...

dan williams i love as a nose but right now he doesn't warrant top 15 consideration for me...

and i don't for the life of me see any potential strongside backer warranting a top 15 or even 20 pick...

cj spiller is a rare talent and playmaker

The great thing about all these guys is....any one of them immediately becomes the best player on that unit most likely....

I just don't see these guys using a 1st round pick on a WR....I don't think it happens...

Especially not if they've been in attendance in ANY of the games this year and watched Miami's defense perform...

i hear that also but taking need over bpa available at a position of need is imo a mistake...

for me dez bryant is a top 10 player in this draft...period... heck he may be top 5 for me

so on my board dez bryant comes over any other player on defense who i don't have above bryant regardless of how the d has looked or the needs on d...

the only guy i have at a position of need on defense rated higher than dez bryant is eric berry

so i think it's a mistake to take a guy rated lower at a position of need just because the defense needs upgrade...so does wr so does rb...so does te etc

take the bpa at position of need...

now i can see the argument of passing on spiller cause there's other rbs a little later we can get who can fill that void

i hear that also but taking need over bpa available at a position of need is imo a mistake...

for me dez bryant is a top 10 player in this draft...period... heck he may be top 5 for me

so on my board dez bryant comes over any other player on defense who i don't have above bryant regardless of how the d has looked or the needs on d...

the only guy i have at a position of need on defense rated higher than dez bryant is eric berry

so i think it's a mistake to take a guy rated lower at a position of need just because the defense needs upgrade...so does wr so does rb...so does te etc

take the bpa at position of need...

now i can see the argument of passing on spiller cause there's other rbs a little later we can get who can fill that void

You know me...I'm a BPA kinda guy....especially high in the draft...

I'd certainly consider Dez Bryant if I was doing the picking....although I'd probably differ with you a bit on this canyon you seem to have between Bryant and some of the defensive talent in the draft...

I wouldn't take Spiller with a top 15 pick....I'd rather sign a guy like Leon Washington in free agency if I was going to go that route...

well i'm all ears...whaqt defensive talent you have a higher grade than dez bryant on

suh and berry obviously...who else at positions of need???

do you think the tuna takes a wr in rnd 1 i have my doubts
i see a lb all the way in rnd1 or te [ lots of history in them 2 postions

wouldnt mind any of those on your list

as you well know lol

i can see 3 lb`s being drafted in 2010
2008 3 def lineman,3 off lineman
2009 3 def backs ,2 wrs [or if u class white as a wr its3 ] lol

we would certainly need 3 new ones if anybody has the same opinion as me

that all 4 starting lb`s need upgrading ,and changed

well i'm all ears...whaqt defensive talent you have a higher grade than dez bryant on

suh and berry obviously...who else at positions of need???

Definitely Gerald McCoy, but after that I think that's all the defensive talent I personally feel is better than Bryant.

I think everybody here would agree that if Bryant or McClain was on the board, we should and are going to grab them in a heartbeat. If we don't, hell will come.

crazy idea: how about picking Joe Haden at #11 and moving Sean Smith back over to WR? i know this isn't going to happen, just thought i'd share a piece of my distorted mind lol

Definitely Gerald McCoy, but after that I think that's all the defensive talent I personally feel is better than Bryant.

I think everybody here would agree that if Bryant or McClain was on the board, we should and are going to grab them in a heartbeat. If we don't, hell will come.

i absolutely agree with that also but imo he's a 4-3 dt and a top 5 player

It is early, but as of now (imho) it will not be Bryant, too many WR's are going to slip into round 2, plus I think there is a good shot we acquire someone via trade or FA. (Though I have said it wont happen before, I could see Boldin.) I would love Spiller, but if McClain is on the board I cant see Tuna taking anyone else!

I agree with the notion that we will address our Linebacker issues via free agency. Tim Dobbins, Dqwell Jackson, Demeco Ryans, and Shawn Merriman are guys that come to mind immediatly. I could see us keeping either JT or Joery porter, cutting the other lose and have Merriman as our SOLB. Demeco Ryans is the guy I want to target. If we could have a FA that included Antonio Bryant, Shawn Merriman, and Demeco Ryans than we are a very good team. Than we would have the draft and Dez Bryant and Jermaine Gresham have to be possibilities especially shall we lose to the Steelers. Dan Williams as wel..

Back
Top Bottom