if it's true... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if it's true...

hoops

Tua time!
Reaction score
we're locked into the 11-14 range with our first round pick now...

dez bryant thou shall not pass

dez bryant needs to be wearing aqua and orange next season

nah...i'd look to free agency for an ilb or a later pick in the draft...mcclain would be on my list also but not over dez bryant...the bryant game tape is way too good...physical player highpoints the ball creates separation...can't be tackled by 1 guy...by far the best wr in this draft imo

as for berry he and suh are the best 2 players in the draft so i would be stoked to get him as well...absolutely

berry
bryant
mcclain

If either Bryant or McClain are there, we have to take them. Either would fill great needs on our team. I would say that we need a fast ILB more than we need a true #1 wideout, but we do need them both.

you pass on eric berry you're gonna regret it...best safety prospect in a long long time...he can cover anybody on the field

no more te's eating our lunch cause our safeties don't have the hips and change of direction and instincts to play the position...eric berry has all pro written all over him

but yeah i'd take bryant and mcclain if berry was gone and know i filled a huge need with a heck of a player

Berry is going top 3-5.
Suh is top 2-3.
McClain 6-15.
Bryant 3-10.

Berry is going top 3-5.
Suh is top 2-3.
McClain 6-15.
Bryant 3-10.

on talent i agree but if you look at some of the team needs of teams who draft in front of us i can see one of those guys maybe more being available when we pick...especially if we're in the 11-14 range on draft day

I lean more towards Bryant if his there over McClain if we sign Karlos Dansby or another stud LBer in the draft. But I have a feeling we will be bringing in a FA WR and drafting a WR in the later rounds. I think we will be going OLB in the first round.

on talent i agree but if you look at some of the team needs of teams who draft in front of us i can see one of those guys maybe more being available when we pick...especially if we're in the 11-14 range on draft day

Actually, SR 7 is 100% correct on his estimates.

I say with the position we are in, Dez Bryant or Rolando McClain would be dream first round picks. I think anybody else in that spot would be a dissapointment (I'm not talking about the Berry's and the Suh's of the world, they'll be gone).

If we draft Bryant, we need to look at a Micah Johnson type player in the 4th round area, we should look at Jermaine Gresham in the 2nd, and if he isn't available grab Pitta in the 2nd and get Major Wright or possibly Jonathon Dwyer in the 4th round.

I also expect guys like Jimmy Graham to be targeted in the 4th-5th round. In the later rounds we should obviously take a look at Myron Rolle or Danny McCray.

If we drafted Rolando McClain, we should target a guy like Benn or if he falls to us Golden Tate in the 2nd round.

There's a lot of possibilities, but as I have stated before, we'll have a clearer picture of things in April, so right now all we are doing is speculating.

Now the big thing...

Would you want to lose the game to Pittsburgh if it meant getting Dez Bryant?

Now the big thing...

I think now if we lose it will not hurt as bad as we know playoffs are out of the picture for the most part(unless a miracle of biblical proportions happens). So to me either way does not matter but, I would prefer the draft spot. ;)

Now the big thing...

Now that is a legitimate question. However, we don't even know if Bryant will fall to us. The Browns and the Chiefs have both expressed great interest in drafting a WR this year. I'd rather win in Pittsburgh, hope for a playoff spot, and pray McClain or Bryant by some miracle falls to us.

I will add that I won't be devastated if we lose against Pitt.

Now the big thing...

yes...if we can't make the playoffs pretty much i'm all for it...but i think pittsburgh will take care of that for us

Now that is a legitimate question. However, we don't even know if Bryant will fall to us. The Browns and the Chiefs have both expressed great interest in drafting a WR this year. I'd rather win in Pittsburgh, hope for a playoff spot, and pray McClain or Bryant by some miracle falls to us.

I will add that I won't be devastated if we lose against Pitt.

the browns have a new front office and just spent 2 high round picks on wr last year plus no proven qb

the chiefs has an awful oline who could use an upgrade plus poor interior dline and lb play...they could go wr that high but i doubt it personally

Some thoughts...

1. Someone asked me, given where we're set to select, who would I be "giddy" if became available to us. The answer is Dez Bryant, Eric Berry and C.J. Spiller. You don't get a shot at talents like theirs very often.

2. I find myself agreeing with hooshoops on nearly everything he says. There may be an ILB solution for us in this free agent period, so let's not go nuts over Rolondo McClain yet. And I'm not even saying that as a Brandon Spikes proponent, I'm saying that as a realist.

3. NFL Draft Scout has Brandon Spikes rated as their #7 overall talent in the entire draft. They haven't added the juniors in yet, but it's nice to see someone else agree with my point of view on Spikes' potential value at the NFL level...especially when that someone else is a site that has their ears to the tracks as superbly as they do when it comes to how the scouts are valuing certain players.

4. Dez Bryant or no Dez Bryant, there's somewhat of a chance to get something done at that position in the free agent period as well. While it seems doubtful Miles Austin or Vincent Jackson would make it out as free agents, IMO Antonio Bryant would be an excellent addition. Also, we *know* that this staff have a high opinion of Braylon Edwards. We know this because at draft time they came very close to pulling the trigger on a trade that would have sent Ronnie Brown to Cleveland for Braylon Edwards straight up. They shelved that trade, never re-visited, and Edwards had a chance to potentially kill us twice this year. If the Jets don't get him locked up...watch out. Miami has the QB that took Braylon Edwards to the BCS Championship Game as a mere freshman. There has to be some draw for him down here.

Back
Top Bottom