If Ryan Tannehill plays like this next season, what would you do? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ryan Tannehill plays like this next season, what would you do?

If Devlin had been playing this year, we would be ahead of the Patriots right now guaranteed. But heck we're losers, we can't even play our best qb because we invested so much in Tannehill, and we're going to waste a couple more years.

You must think that Devlin plays for the Pats, right?

I can only assume this is sarcasm.
If Devlin had been playing this year, we would be ahead of the Patriots right now guaranteed. But heck we're losers, we can't even play our best qb because we invested so much in Tannehill, and we're going to waste a couple more years.

Ryan Tannehill is 0-5 when throwing 1 or more picks.

My concern is his lack of touchdowns and the inability to score points when we need to.

My question is this, come next season, if he continues to play like this (more INT's than TD's) would you continue to play him 2 more years. (total of 4 years?)

Should we at this point play Moore or Devlin to see if they have anything else to offer and possibly save the season or do we tank it and position ourselves for the upcoming draft?

d-1

If he has better offensive playmakers on his side and his growing as an NFL-QB stays slow, that might be an issue. It isn't 100% fair to judge him based on his lack of talent he has to work with. He isn't without blame of course but every QB is like that.

As he deserves.
No question: Tannehill remains starter all season and again to start 2013.

That being said, I am firmly in the belief that he is not a franchise QB. Franchise QBs make the players around them better, not the other way around. Franchise QBs throw TDs, don't throw picks and win games in the 4th quarter. RT17 has not shown us any of the above. Nothing would make me happier to be proven wrong on RT but this being the Dolphins, I'm certain that doesn't happen.

Get him a franchise WR and he will be a franchise QB. Name me ONE great QB who did not have a consistent number one WR. Youre joking youself if you think Brady, Manning, Marino, Montana, Young, ..... Would flourish with this group of recieving threats.

He gets the entire year next year before making a decision on his future. If he doesn't show potential to be a Top quarterback we have to look at other options. But my feeling is he won't disappoint, he's too talented and smart and this coaching staff is too good to ruin his development. We just need playmakers around him and we need to fix the left side of the offensive line.

As he deserves.

Get him a franchise WR and he will be a franchise QB. Name me ONE great QB who did not have a consistent number one WR. Youre joking youself if you think Brady, Manning, Marino, Montana, Young, ..... Would flourish with this group of recieving threats.

I didn't say Tannehill should be flourishing with the WRs he has now (and I agree they stink) but we're back to the same argument we went through with Henne - get him Marshall and everything will change.

Drew Brees is the only recent franchise QB I can think of that didn't show that 'spark' right away - I haven't seen any spark from Tannehill.

You guys are all laughing, but your guy is stinking it up. Just wait and see, you will change your tune, you always do.

You are serious!?!? LOL. Devlin huh? Hahaha.

Its no point in getting into a debate with fans who know nothing about the players on this team. Yeah, Devlin really proves he deserved the starting role.

If Tannehill isnt progressing next season, then we draft a new QB. With the new CBA and rookie salary pool, its entirely possible to spend a high draft pick on a QB and not be in salary cap hell for 5 years.

his lack of TDs is mainly due to lack of receivers and playmakers. We have to give him some more talent around him

If he doesn't progress then I'll be waiting for the next level of excuses regarding the offensive coordinator. "Sherman is holding Tannehill back with these play calls." Sigh....

For those who think Tannehill needs some WR's, I agree he does but never mind those right now. First let Ireland draft o-linemen with our top 3 pics for the next 4 years and then we'll get some WR's in rounds 6 and 7 in the 2021 draft.

Ozzy rules!!

Tannehill will get all next season regardless. I think bess and hartline are 2 good receivers but we need someone too demand attention from Dbs and who can give the offence a boost all over. No 1 receiver, harline and bess is solid 3 receivers.

if tannehill is terrible next year which hopefully isn't the case, as posted above, his rookie contract isn't huge and we draft another. Puts us back 3 yrs but with cba and the passing league we have its the way to go.

im hoping tannehill is just having growing pains and is learning and will become our long term answer

Ok then, what proof do you have Devlin does better this season? Give solid examples, not hypotheticals.

Just look at the preseason, and nevermind the "only playing against 3rd stringers" excuse, as Tannehill also played against 3rd stringer in preseason and didn't do anything. In 5 of the 8 drives that Devlin had in the preseason, he moved the ball the length of the field. Of all the drives Tannehill had in the preseason, we punted in almost all of them. Now in the regular season Tannehill has 1 TD in his last 30 drives. He cannot convert on 3rd down which a good quarterback has to do. He's not aware of winning the games, on third downs he throws short passes just to get completions that pick up 5 yards and bring up 4th down. 3rd down he takes off running and slides instead of trying to get the 1st down. You knew that once we were behind 7 or 10 points in the first quarter, we were done because he can't come back from behind or be depended upon in the clutch.

His tunovers and ineffectiveness cost us all the games we lost. I know there were other weak areas with the team in those games, but if he had played decent and didn't screw it up, we still win. Devlin rarely turns it over and consistently completes passes and moves the ball and wins games, just look at both of these quarterbacks college carreers.

I think even Philbin knows that Devlin gives us a better chance to win, but Philbin is not in control of that because of the investment and expectations this organization has in Tannehill.

Just look at the preseason, and nevermind the "only playing against 3rd stringers" excuse, as Tannehill also played against 3rd stringer in preseason and didn't do anything. In 5 of the 8 drives that Devlin had in the preseason, he moved the ball the length of the field. Of all the drives Tannehill had in the preseason, we punted in almost all of them. Now in the regular season Tannehill has 1 TD in his last 30 drives. He cannot convert on 3rd down which a good quarterback has to do. He's not aware of winning the games, on third downs he throws short passes just to get completions that pick up 5 yards and bring up 4th down. 3rd down he takes off running and slides instead of trying to get the 1st down. You knew that once we were behind 7 or 10 points in the first quarter, we were done because he can't come back from behind or be depended upon in the clutch.

His tunovers and ineffectiveness cost us all the games we lost. I know there were other weak areas with the team in those games, but if he had played decent and didn't screw it up, we still win. Devlin rarely turns it over and consistently completes passes and moves the ball and wins games, just look at both of these quarterbacks college carreers.

I think even Philbin knows that Devlin gives us a better chance to win, but Philbin is not in control of that because of the investment and expectations this organization has in Tannehill.

I stopped reading after "just look at the preseason".

Back
Top Bottom