If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter? | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter?

If Tannehill is out for season, who should be starter?

• Matt Moore

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 83 29.9%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Trade for a Young Backup QB

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brock Osweiller

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Kaepernick's GF sent a tweet graphically inferring that the Ravens owner is a racist and Ray Lewis an Uncle Tom. We finally got rid of one self-important out of control ***** - no thanks on replacing her in what would already be a Jonathan Martin level 3ring circus!!

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/...alls-ravens-owner-racist-ray-lewis-uncle-tom/

She said nothing wrong. Ray Lewis has been an Uncle Tom for a long time now. The Ravens' press conference with the owner was suspect; however, she should know not to open her mouth on this at all. There's a reason Colin hasn't said anything. Now is the time to be silent and let it play out. Hopefully, Colin gets her on the same page.

No thanks. Great backup but for a full season? 7-8 wins max potential.

I'd rather take a chance on Cutler or Kaep.

Don't really care what a bunch of clowns that have made every excuse in the book for a below average QB for over 5 years think of me.

When and if Miami signs Kap I'll be happy to tackle that issue. Since Moore is on the team right now I'll back up my assertion right now:

Miami on 3rd down with Tannehill:

52 of 149 = 34.9%

Miami on 4th down with Tannehill:

0 of 4 = 0%

Miami wins under Tannehill:

Cleveland (OT) = Worst

San Francisco = 2nd Worst

L.A. Rams = 5th Worst

NY Jets = 6th Worst (tie)

SD Chargers = 6th Worst (tie)

Bills = 10th Worst (tie) - Ajayi 214 yards, 1 TD

Cardinals = 13th Worst (Moore led Miami to GWD)

Steelers = 26th Worst (tie) - Ajayi 204 yards, 2 TD

Only 2 of the 7 wins in which Tannehill started and finished the game were against teams that were the bottom 7 in the league. And the 2 wins against teams that weren't in the bottom 7 Ajayi rushed for over 200 yards. How important is that? Last year teams were 37-4 when a RB rushed for over 140 yards.

Tannehill QB stats overall = 261 of 389 (67.1%), 2995 yards (7.7 YPA), 19 TD 12 INT = 93.5 QB rating

Tannehill QB rating vs teams with non-losing record = 113 of 164, 1242 yards, 3 TD 7 INT = 79.37%

Miami PPG under Tannehill = 21.61

Sack % = every 13.41 pass attempts

Tannehill’s opponents record vs teams beat = 35-77 (.312) if including AZ = 42-85-1 (.333)

Miami on 3rd down with Moore:

23 of 51 = 45.1%

Miami on 4th down with Moore:

2 of 4 = 50%

Moore QB stats overall = 84 of 123 (68.29%), 1010 yards (8.21 YPA), 9 TD 4 INT (includes Pitt) = 104.05 QB rating

Moore QB rating vs teams with non-losing record = 53 of 70, 494 yards, 3 TD 2 INT = 96.96

Miami PPG under Moore = 24 (includes Pitt in playoff), 27.33 without Pitt

Sacks = every 20.5 pass attempts (includes Pitt in playoff) every 87 pass attempts without Pitt

Moore’s opponents record vs teams beat = 12-20 (.375)

And now that Tannehill can't even take off without injuring himself it would be "ridiculous" for Miami to even consider starting him at QB.

How is Kaepernick better than Tannehill if he lost to him? I mean according to you Tannehill is the worst QB to ever play. Kaep lost to HIM?!

Moore is quite a good player relative to his cap number, but he wouldn't last the season. He's an underrated thrower, but has no type of peripheral vision or mobility, along with very shaky ball security. He would be on IR by week 8.

We need Kap. We can do big things with the run game with Kap and Ajayi. That is if he's truly still committed to playing football.

Don't really care what a bunch of clowns that have made every excuse in the book for a below average QB for over 5 years think of me.

When and if Miami signs Kap I'll be happy to tackle that issue. Since Moore is on the team right now I'll back up my assertion right now.

I guess the real clown is Gase right? He's had every chance to review film and assertion stats like yours to make a decision on which qb to start.

if moore is our starter all season we wont be challenging for anything. Still should be solid team
If Moore, Kaepernick, or Cutler are starting we won't be challenging for anything. None of them are the answer. Save the money to roll into next year, sign Landry, get a top 5 pick, and make 18 the target season. There is no difference between winning 2 games or 8 except that the team that won 8 gets a shittier pick.

Remember it, write it down, sticky it. If the dolphins allow Matt Moore to become the starter of our upcoming 2017-18 season I will be the first to say to all the doubters and haters of Matt Moore that I am willing to BET that we go at minimum 9-7 with him starting.

For some reason a lot of you don't see what I see in him. He makes quicker decisions, he buys time in the pocket, he lead us to the playoffs by ending last season going 3-1 when we could have easily gone 0-4.

Yeah the Tanny Lovers are going to throw a lot of flack at this but REMEMBER I told you first, Moore will lead us to the playoffs if he's given the chance to start!

Matt Moore is very inaccurate and will get our receiving corps killed leading them into LB's, not too mention the picks he'll throw. Moore leads us nowhere, that's why their talking about Cutler , and Kapernack.

In all honestly I wanted us to roll with Moore when Thill was drafted and pick a WR

Whether Moore leads us to the playoffs or not, IMHO we should just ride and die with him, and save our resources (cap space) for next year and beyond, rather than try and find a rental to get through this season. We aren't making a deep run in the playoffs without Tanny. I'd sign a cheap vet with game experience to back up Moore, and call it a day. And give Moore a shot to see what he can do. That's what we have paid him decent backup money for the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom