If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter? | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter?

If Tannehill is out for season, who should be starter?

• Matt Moore

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 83 29.9%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Trade for a Young Backup QB

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brock Osweiller

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
I'm not sure either, but we've never seen Tannehill go in and win with a playoff spot in reach and the whole point is talking about how easy it is to beat up on weaker opponents when Tannehill himself has proven its not..

People put the meaningless statistical sheet down and listen to yourself. Think about what your trying to pass off here. Do you really think Gase is an idiot for starting the wrong QB? Please spare yourself the embarrassment of answering that unless it is a resounding NO.

Coaching means everything in football. So first off any QB/team under HC Philbin would have failed miserably. And we did. The team consistently fell on it's face from being unprepared and under-coached.

Also realize that during the first 6-8 games last year the entire offense was learning and adjusting to a new system. It's not just the QB. It's the offense as a whole learning a new system; it's the OL learning new blocking schemes and protection shifts; it's the receivers learning new lingo and route concepts; it's the RB learning how to read their lineman and where their lanes will be; etc. etc. etc.

So when you put numbers in a vaccum and claim that Moore had a better run late in the season than Tannehill and the offense did from earlier in the year, well . . no ****. Once the offense gelled it became easier to replace a single player rather than the entire unit learning on the go to kick off the regular season.

Do yourselves a favor and review Matt Moore's career. You're not going to find some diamond in the rough. What you'll find is a perennial backup and journeyman who really has no business running a high powered offense. Which some somehow have managed to dig up by leaning on irrelevant statistics.

has there been any kaepernick airport sightings? on his way to sign.

You just gave props and supported Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman as coaches. You refuted nothing.

C'm
People put the meaningless statistical sheet down and listen to yourself. Think about what your trying to pass off here. Do you really think Gase is an idiot for starting the wrong QB? Please spare yourself the embarrassment of answering that unless it is a resounding NO.

Coaching means everything in football. So first off any QB/team under HC Philbin would have failed miserably. And we did. The team consistently fell on it's face from being unprepared and under-coached.

Also realize that during the first 6-8 games last year the entire offense was learning and adjusting to a new system. It's not just the QB. It's the offense as a whole learning a new system; it's the OL learning new blocking schemes and protection shifts; it's the receivers learning new lingo and route concepts; it's the RB learning how to read their lineman and where their lanes will be; etc. etc. etc.

So when you put numbers in a vaccum and claim that Moore had a better run late in the season than Tannehill and the offense did from earlier in the year, well . . no ****. Once the offense gelled it became easier to replace a single player rather than the entire unit learning on the go to kick off the regular season.

Do yourselves a favor and review Matt Moore's career. You're not going to find some diamond in the rough. What you'll find is a perennial backup and journeyman who really has no business running a high powered offense. Which some somehow have managed to dig up by leaning on irrelevant statistics.

I agree but you must feel if Gase brings in Cutler he's making the right choice.

Kaepernick's GF sent a tweet graphically inferring that the Ravens owner is a racist and Ray Lewis an Uncle Tom. We finally got rid of one self-important out of control ***** - no thanks on replacing her in what would already be a Jonathan Martin level 3ring circus!!

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/...alls-ravens-owner-racist-ray-lewis-uncle-tom/

Definitely don't need a one-dimensional prima dona QB with a Miko-esque flair.

LD
p.s. money quote from article: "And when everything his crew of social justice warriors does will also create a never ending media circus around my team?" TRUTH.

I've already been cussed out and called a racist from a regular on this forum for simply telling the truth about Kaep's game and leadership, etc.

Sad!

Memo to all Dolfans who don't want KAP do to his protest and won't watch Dolphins if the Fins sign KAP...........

DGXA-Y_WsAAZSzL.jpg

Dude you're supposed to identify sarcasm or people will attack this for a complete and total lack of any kind of football knowledge!
Don't really care what a bunch of clowns that have made every excuse in the book for a below average QB for over 5 years think of me.

When and if Miami signs Kap I'll be happy to tackle that issue. Since Moore is on the team right now I'll back up my assertion right now:

Miami on 3rd down with Tannehill:

52 of 149 = 34.9%

Miami on 4th down with Tannehill:

0 of 4 = 0%

Miami wins under Tannehill:

Cleveland (OT) = Worst

San Francisco = 2nd Worst

L.A. Rams = 5th Worst

NY Jets = 6th Worst (tie)

SD Chargers = 6th Worst (tie)

Bills = 10th Worst (tie) - Ajayi 214 yards, 1 TD

Cardinals = 13th Worst (Moore led Miami to GWD)

Steelers = 26th Worst (tie) - Ajayi 204 yards, 2 TD

Only 2 of the 7 wins in which Tannehill started and finished the game were against teams that were the bottom 7 in the league. And the 2 wins against teams that weren't in the bottom 7 Ajayi rushed for over 200 yards. How important is that? Last year teams were 37-4 when a RB rushed for over 140 yards.

Tannehill QB stats overall = 261 of 389 (67.1%), 2995 yards (7.7 YPA), 19 TD 12 INT = 93.5 QB rating

Tannehill QB rating vs teams with non-losing record = 113 of 164, 1242 yards, 3 TD 7 INT = 79.37%

Miami PPG under Tannehill = 21.61

Sack % = every 13.41 pass attempts

Tannehill’s opponents record vs teams beat = 35-77 (.312) if including AZ = 42-85-1 (.333)

Miami on 3rd down with Moore:

23 of 51 = 45.1%

Miami on 4th down with Moore:

2 of 4 = 50%

Moore QB stats overall = 84 of 123 (68.29%), 1010 yards (8.21 YPA), 9 TD 4 INT (includes Pitt) = 104.05 QB rating

Moore QB rating vs teams with non-losing record = 53 of 70, 494 yards, 3 TD 2 INT = 96.96

Miami PPG under Moore = 24 (includes Pitt in playoff), 27.33 without Pitt

Sacks = every 20.5 pass attempts (includes Pitt in playoff) every 87 pass attempts without Pitt

Moore’s opponents record vs teams beat = 12-20 (.375)

And now that Tannehill can't even take off without injuring himself it would be "ridiculous" for Miami to even consider starting him at QB.

Anyone touting Moore as a better option than even a one legged rt17 is a troll and an idiot.

I dont care if Tannehill somehow doesnt have additional damage. After watching the video of his injury is clear that the best for his future is to have surgery. Those darn doctors made a bad and stupid decision last year.

Tannehill strenghts are gone with no mobility on his knee. He is not the kind of gunslinger that only needs his arm and little steps to succeed like Dan the man was. I think Matt Moore on two legs is way better than Tannehill would be with this issue and the sooner he starts practicing with the first team, the better for the chemistry of the offense. There is no QB on the market that will adjust as quick as needed an Moore was actually pretty good last year replacing Tannehill with few reps with the first team. I have watched every game of last year and to be honest Tannehill and Moore are not that far from each other. I would like to think that Gase somehow can adjust and plan for the strenghts that Moore has and land a competitive team this year. I dont think the season is lost because we lost the #16-22 QB. Just need to have faith in the rest of the team and Gase. There is no way this unstable version of Tannehill would lead us to something. Think on the long term, repair your starter and play the QB that has prooved he can do a decent job and knows the offense.

I agree on many ends, but who plays if Moore goes down? And if you think Moore and RT are not far from each other, then Miami should be competitive this year. So if Moore gets hurt, who puts us in the best position to win? A month with Cutler and Keep or Fales and Doughty?

Back
Top Bottom