If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter? | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter?

If Tannehill is out for season, who should be starter?

• Matt Moore

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 83 29.9%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Trade for a Young Backup QB

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brock Osweiller

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
The Jets still had to something to play for in Week 9.

Complete BS considering Tannehill had something like 7 points in two games versus teams that had nothing to play for in 2012, and then he crapped the bed when this team was frontline for a playoff spot in 2013 too. It's always so easy to march right in and make the playoffs playing weaker teams towards the end of the year and yet Tannehill hasn't ever done it.

Complete BS considering Tannehill had something like 7 points in two games versus teams that had nothing to play for in 2012, and then he crapped the bed when this team was frontline for a playoff spot in 2013 too. It's always so easy to march right in and make the playoffs playing weaker teams towards the end of the year and yet Tannehill hasn't ever done it.

584bd_s-200x150.gif

Yeah Moore made a mistake in the Buffalo game but he made more plays versus Buffalo on the road in December in one game than Tannehill has made versus Buffalo in his career, so to only mention a potentially costly mistake he made while not really giving testament to the plays he made is silly, especially considering the pressure based on the time of year, it being his second start, and the fact that that defense had lost IAQ at safety and pretty much never stopped an opponent for the rest of the season.

Yeah the more I think about it with Cutler, Kap or Moore there probably isn't too much difference. Just roll with Moore. We will need a backup though in case Moore goes down.

My opinion is Tannehill will continue to rehab and try to give it a go. We'll see how long he can last. Unless him playing in career threatening at this point I bet he gives it a go.

Dude, I just refuted your entire argument so its pretty asinine to act otherwise. You may not know what that word means judging by your response, just try googling it like you do to find singular bad plays in what were inspiring Matt Moore performances.

Yeah the more I think about it with Cutler, Kap or Moore there probably isn't too much difference. Just roll with Moore. We will need a backup though in case Moore goes down.

My opinion is Tannehill will continue to rehab and try to give it a go. We'll see how long he can last. Unless him playing in career threatening at this point I bet he gives it a go.

Rotoworld thinks they are looking at season ending again despite the "no structural damage" thing.

Dude, I just refuted your entire argument so its pretty asinine to act otherwise. You may not know what that word means judging by your response, just try googling it like you do to find singular bad plays in what were inspiring Matt Moore performances.

You just gave props and supported Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman as coaches. You refuted nothing.

I think the consensus, at least for me, was the Buffalo game would be the game we could lose. Which we almost did and Moores pick at the end of the first half could've been costly. The Jets I had no concerns. Don't think many did!

It's actually pretty easy to go back in the archives to go back and find everyone saying how unwinnable that Jets game was since Moore was so bad, but nobody ever cares when I dig up things from the past so it really doesn't matter.

It's always so easy to march right in and make the playoffs playing weaker teams towards the end of the year and yet Tannehill hasn't ever done it.

Tannehills play from Pittsburgh to the Arizona game is what got us in position to make the playoffs, (Baltimore game excluded). Not sure Moore could've sustained that level of play Tannehill displayed for 8-9 games.

You just gave props and supported Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman as coaches. You refuted nothing.

Matt Moore would have scored more than 7 points in two weeks versus teams that (in your own words) had "nothing to play for" even with Stephen Ross himself coaching.

Tannehills play from Pittsburgh to the Arizona game is what got us in position to make the playoffs, (Baltimore game excluded). Not sure Moore could've sustained that level of play for 8-9 games.

I'm not sure either, but we've never seen Tannehill go in and win with a playoff spot in reach and the whole point is talking about how easy it is to beat up on weaker opponents when Tannehill himself has proven its not.

It's actually pretty easy to go back in the archives to go back and find everyone saying how unwinnable that Jets game was since Moore was so bad, but nobody ever cares when I dig up things from the past so it really doesn't matter.

I remember people saying we couldn't beat NY

Well I'll say this. Our Olines and skill players were garbage in 12 and 13. Tannehill didn't have much help in that regard, that was obvious. However, in 08 our oline featured ham and eggers at center and both guard spots (Alleman, Nduwke and Satele) as well as crappy skill playes yet many finheaven posters blame Pennington's weak arm for us losing to the Ravens in the playoffs. The fact our interior oline was getting whipped, much like they were at the end of 12 and 13, and we were relying on Ted ****in Ginn as our #1 WR were completely discounted, all Chads weak arm end of story. Yet Ryan not being able to muster squat at the end of either of those seasons was totally 100% not his fault. Double standard much? It's hard to win in the NFL, I respect Moore's back to back 34 point games regardless of opponent. Lets not forget both Ryan and Chad, in my examples, had much better defenses supporting them than Moore did last year, Much like Sirspud said those defenses really weren't stopping anyone down the stretch.

My preference, in order:

Matt Moore - admirable filling in for Tannehill last season, and can run the offense pretty well. Deserves to be first option, IMO.
Jay Cutler - knows Gase's offense, and had one of his best years in 2015 under his offense.
Colin Kaepernick - an intriguing prospect and worth a shot [EDITED]

Only those three, as they are they only realistic options on that list. Unless Peyton Manning becomes MECHA-MANNING and goes on one last revenge tour against Brady.

[REMOVED POLITICAL REFERENCE]

Last edited by a moderator:
ummm the reports indicate that it is a lot more severe than a hyperextension

Initial reports stated no structural damage. The reports you read were probably written by hypochondriacs. I don't know what to tell you.

Back
Top Bottom