If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter?

If Tannehill is out for season, who should be starter?

• Matt Moore

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 83 29.9%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Trade for a Young Backup QB

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brock Osweiller

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Matt Moore is the consumate backup. Great in a pinch. Cutler or Kaepernick will be in camp by the weekend. Might take Kaep longer to get the starting nod, but if Cutler gets signed....for better or worse, and he's a Gase guy, he'll be the starter vs TB.

Moore. Nobody we sign now is taking this team to the Super Bowl, and probably isn't a long term starter. Roll over cap space, get a good pick, and focus on 2018 with a hopefully healthy Tannehill. Wasting money on a band-aid QB makes it harder to sign Landry long term.

This team doesn't care about signing Landry, which sucks because a division rival will surely sign him and crush us with him two games a year for the next 5-6 years.

Of course, CK is the best option available, but I dont want anyone on this teams roster that thinks Fidel Castro "did good things for Cuba." http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/cuba/article118282148.html

I dont think Cutler will return without the starting title/job, and I dont think Gase would just hand that to Cutler and crap on Moore.

I think they bring in some competition for Moore in one of Foles, Osweiler or RGIII...

Why cant this crap happen in southern New England to that f&%$ing pretty boy?

It did happen and we won a division title that year!

I disagree re Moore. If we had an HOF OL then maybe he'd survive but we'd still be suffering in terms of a non-athletic QB who is NOT a dominant pocket performer. Moore is a career backup -- and a guy that can come in for a few games if necessary -- but he's NOT a solution only a stop gap. If we sign Kap we
could still look at Moore for production while Kap ramps up in the system. After that -- the chips will fall will they will. No matter what, we're not looking at an ideal situation -- so we need to be realistic in terms of who is available and who can actually give us some production.

I say Kap is the best option on the street right now, and therefore bring him in to compete! No one is going to hand him over a job.

Actually, I think while Moore exposes himself to hits, has stupid fumbles, and occasionally gets blindsided, he still plays with a pocket presence and energy back there that actually works better behind a weak o-line than a guy like Tannehill pre-2016 who despite good speed was a statue until 2016. I don't know if you remember the Fiedler/Wanny years, but I remember how bad those OL's were, and despite being a bad passer how much better the team looked and played with a guy like Fiedler in there than other QB's who had better arms but who didn't know how to deal when at least one lineman completely whiffed on nearly every pass play.

Wouldn't matter much. NE has been smart enough to continually draft and groom QBs behind Brady instead of resting on their laurels with an aging clipboard babysitter as a backup.

That aging clipboard babysitter had a better rating that our starter last year. And it was the best year of Tannehills career!

Wouldn't matter much. NE has been smart enough to continually draft and groom QBs behind Brady instead of resting on their laurels with an aging clipboard babysitter as a backup.

And they are always drafting in the late 20s and still seem to master the draft.

Plus, we are always drafting to fill needs, whereas the Pats are drafting best available player no matter position. When the hell do we get there?

Actually, I think while Moore exposes himself to hits, has stupid fumbles, and occasionally gets blindsided, he still plays with a pocket presence and energy back there that actually works better behind a weak o-line than a guy like Tannehill pre-2016 who despite good speed was a statue until 2016. I don't know if you remember the Fiedler/Wanny years, but I remember how bad those OL's were, and despite being a bad passer how much better the team looked and played with a guy like Fiedler in there than other QB's who had better arms but who didn't know how to deal when at least one lineman completely whiffed on nearly every pass play.

I just think Gase could get more out of Kap than he will out of Moore -- on a number of levels. And it's not like we're going to cut Moore if we sign Kap. Tho I guess that statement doesn't exactly address the title of this thread.

This team doesn't care about signing Landry, which sucks because a division rival will surely sign him and crush us with him two games a year for the next 5-6 years.

And Finheaven will mostly agree not paying him was the right choice as he's stuffing it down our throats/

Don't ever have surgery if you can avoid it. Give it a couple weeks, looked like a simple hyper extension.

Moore's solid, I don't need to worry about him.

Don't ever have surgery if you can avoid it. Give it a couple weeks, looked like a simple hyper extension.

Moore's solid, I don't need to worry about him.

ummm the reports indicate that it is a lot more severe than a hyperextension

Kaepernick's GF sent a tweet graphically inferring that the Ravens owner is a racist and Ray Lewis an Uncle Tom. We finally got rid of one self-important out of control ***** - no thanks on replacing her in what would already be a Jonathan Martin level 3ring circus!!

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/...alls-ravens-owner-racist-ray-lewis-uncle-tom/

Wow, that's just totally stupid and regardless if its true -- it shows very poor judgment and reflects horribly on Kaepernick.

We all know the NFL is a very conservative business first and foremost...

That aging clipboard babysitter had a better rating that our starter last year. And it was the best year of Tannehills career!

Enjoy your lustful gaze into simplistic box scores. Just don't expect any love in return.

Back
Top Bottom