If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter? | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter?

If Tannehill is out for season, who should be starter?

• Matt Moore

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 83 29.9%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Trade for a Young Backup QB

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brock Osweiller

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
And they are always drafting in the late 20s and still seem to master the draft.

Plus, we are always drafting to fill needs, whereas the Pats are drafting best available player no matter position. When the hell do we get there?

Everybody talks about drafting best player available acting like teams pass up drafting Adrian Peterson to draft a mediocre left guard and that it's somehow this panacea. The reality is that we''ve tried drafting BPA a lot but the guy who is labeled as best available by our team and by most of the experts and other teams (since while there is a lot of variation in individual team's order there is still a general idea of where players will be drafted and they are usually drafted in that range) a lot of times doesn't turn out to be that great. DVP was a best available that wasn't really a need. Jordan Phillips was a best available when we sure didn't need yet another DT when we needed everything but. It just so happens that best player available only helps you if you are right about it and they turn out really good. Otherwise you've got a midrange guy at a position where you already had those and below average guys at other positions where even midrange would be a godsend.

His 126 rating vs the Junior Varsity mail in the season New York Jets certainly helped.

A game that his detractors declared wasn't winnable beforehand, seeing as pretty much every non-Moore fan "expert" on here said we had "no chance" (verbatim) to win against NYJ and Buffalo with Moore. But then when we do win those games with Moore it suddenly becomes that the terrifying opponent we were facing suddenly was inept.

If the hatred for Moore here wasn't so flat out irrational people would take criticisms of him a lot more seriously.

Enjoy your lustful gaze into simplistic box scores. Just don't expect any love in return.

Sometimes I really think you are not a bad person that likes to mess with anyone who differs from your opinion. You just think you are an expert whose knowledge of the game is second to none and therefore you feel insulted when some mortal has a different point of view. Like in this case myself trying to be optimistic.

And Finheaven will mostly agree not paying him was the right choice as he's stuffing it down our throats/

Not paying Charles Clay was a great choice. He was injury prone and made splash plays every now and then but wasn't actually exceptionally productive. Landry has been inconsistent at times but I've also seen him put this team on his back as he's carried defenders into the end zone. His production has always been near the top of his position. A guy with his skill set and the right offense can set records.

I think the consensus, at least for me, was the Buffalo game would be the game we could lose. Which we almost did and Moores pick at the end of the first half could've been costly. The Jets I had no concerns. Don't think many did!

Hearing Kaepernick on radio here (KNBR). That tells me that Miami may view this long-term, otherwise I'd think the team would just stick with Moore. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

if moore is our starter all season we wont be challenging for anything. Still should be solid team

I think the consensus, at least for me, was the Buffalo game would be the game we could lose. Which we almost did and Moores pick at the end of the first half could've been costly. The Jets I had no concerns. Don't think many did!

Yep. Also after a dumb decision in OT by Moore on 3rd & 5 to heave it deep for an incompletion, Gase took the ball out of his hands and we ran the ball 5 straight times on the next drive to get into FG range.

Yeah Moore made a mistake in the Buffalo game but he made more plays versus Buffalo on the road in December in one game than Tannehill has made versus Buffalo in his career, so to only mention a potentially costly mistake he made while not really giving testament to the plays he made is silly, especially considering the pressure based on the time of year, it being his second start, and the fact that that defense had lost IAQ at safety and pretty much never stopped an opponent for the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom