If Tannehill Is Taken Before We Draft:

• Total voters

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
What would you do?

Ignore the Weeden.. s/b Tannehill. Hopefully a mod can correct my hasty brainfart!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be fine with it because it means several elite prospects would still be on the board for us to choose from.

The unfortunate part is we'll never know if he was the guy we were targeting and the Front Office can spin that in many ways. They'll settle for Cousins or Lindley and say "This is the guy we have been targeting from day one" and all that crap.

Ireland needs to prove himself in this draft. All the hype he had as a talent evaluator and he has yet to bring that ability to a Dolphins draft. When your people skills are lackluster like his are, you better be able to show why you deserve to stick around.

damn haste makes waste

Mods please change Poll title to "Tannehill" sorry

Voted "OK with Weeden at 8."

If Tannehill's gone before 8, I doubt Weeden's gonna last much longer, his age be damned. If a kid like Tannehill who still needs time in the oven is off the board that early, that means all bets are off, IMO.

Voted "OK with Weeden at 8."

If Tannehill's gone before 8, I doubt Weeden's gonna last much longer, his age be damned. If a kid like Tannehill who still needs time in the oven is off the board that early, that means all bets are off, IMO.

I agree. We risk again missing both if Tannehill is gone and although 'lets roll with Moore and pick a QB next year' sounds good we need to make that pick this year. Next year we will be back again deciding which pick do we use on a QB.

Yeah, I'd take Weeden @8 under the theory that if what some gurus label the most pro ready QB after Luck can give us a distinguished 7 or so years from the getgo or starting in 2013, with plenty of time to groom a successor, that would represent a much better and consistent run we would have had since Dan.

Hopefully a mod will correct this but it looks like no one is mistaken once they get into the poll.

The one option that isn't there is trade up from #42. I'm also not taking him at 8 as I think you can get him later but at the same time I wouldn't risk that he slides to 42.

We need a weapon at 8.

Cousins in the 3rd

Wouldn't mind Tannehill or Weeden in the 2nd, although wouldn't touch either at 8

I think Weeden is a top 10 talent, but if the Browns draft Tannehill with the 4th then I just don't see any other teams drafting a QB in the 1st round.

Dolphins could try to trade up into to the top of the 2nd just to make sure they get Weeden but there is a very good chance he is still there when we pick in the 2nd round. In fact, he could even slide to the third, because if a team like KC or Buffalo does decide to draft a QB, they seem like teams that would look for a young QB to develop for a year or two.

The Jaguars made a big investment in QB last year, I doubt they use a 1-3 this year. I could see them drafting Osweiler in the 4th.

Back
Top Bottom