If Tannehill Is Taken Before We Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill Is Taken Before We Draft

If Tannehill Is Taken Before We Draft:

• Total voters
I would be ok with Tannehill at #8, but we might see someone slip to us who could be too good to pass on. I also think we could probably trade down and maybe get Weeden, Osweiler or Cousins later on, but if there is nobody there better than Moore/Garrard than just stick with these two QB's and get our franchise QB next year (Matt Barkley).

I'm ok with drafting Tannehill, but not at #8.

I'm ok with drafting Weeden, but not in the 1st round.

If I had a choice between Weeden and Tennehil straight up, I choose Weeden.

I think Weeden is a top 10 talent, but if the Browns draft Tannehill with the 4th then I just don't see any other teams drafting a QB in the 1st round.

Dolphins could try to trade up into to the top of the 2nd just to make sure they get Weeden but there is a very good chance he is still there when we pick in the 2nd round. In fact, he could even slide to the third, because if a team like KC or Buffalo does decide to draft a QB, they seem like teams that would look for a young QB to develop for a year or two.

The Jaguars made a big investment in QB last year, I doubt they use a 1-3 this year. I could see them drafting Osweiler in the 4th.

I think Kansas City drafts a QB early.

I'd prefer Weeden over Tannehill. I was getting confused and at first thought the question was if Weeden is taken. I was going to say probably explode!

Spend the 8th on Weeden? Who would we be competing with for him? If Tannehill goes to Cleveland, we would be the last team in the entire league not to make a serious attempt at finding a longterm QB. I don't know who else would take a QB in the 1st.

If Tannehill is gone, I would really just bank everything on moving up for Barkley next year. Spend the entire year stockpiling picks for that run.

The Weeden/Tannehill mistype a brainfart? Sounds purposeful to me. :ponder:

I see right through your mind games!

if you're so worried about losing weeden if tannehill goes prior to #8 take a top 10 bpa position talent with the #8 pick and come up from #42 after you get into the mid 20's or so...if you're so worried...

me i think he comfortably is on the board in round 2...the only people talkin take him in the top 10 are on this board...

Trade down unless one of the top 6 players are siting at 8. If richardson, blackmon, or claiborne was there I would draft them else trade down.

The ideal scenario is to trade down 1 or even 2 times in the 1st round then pick Nick Perry at the end of the 1st round then pick Weeden with number 42. By trading down 2 times we should have at least 1 more 2nd round pick + another 3rd and possibly a 4th or a 5th.

That would be the ideal scenario IMO...

I fully expect the Dolphins to bypass Tannehill even if he IS there at #8. I love him as a developmental prospect, but doubt this regime shares my sentiments. Weeden fits better into their system and gives them a quicker answer to their ailing QB position. The identity of this Dolphins GM is nothing if not always looking for a quick fix.

That's not to say drafting Weeden would be a mistake...far from it. The major, major issue comes with putting all of the team's eggs in one basket, which would most definitely happen if Weeden is gone by that second round pick. Cousins and Foles have red flags that lead me to believe they will not turn out well, and Osweiler does not fit the profile of a Philbin QB.

Take DeCastro 1st pick and Cousins with our 2nd round pick..............

me i think he comfortably is on the board in round 2...the only people talkin take him in the top 10 are on this board...

I have to agree with this. I dont see Weeden going in the first. Cleveland could grab him at the top of the 2nd if the dont take Tannehill, but I dont see anyone else that might take Weeden before our 2nd round pick.

Take DeCastro 1st pick and Cousins with our 2nd round pick..............

You seriously think the team would be better off doing this than taking Weeden in the first and a guy like Osemele in the 2nd?

You might win the "value" awards but I know I'd be betting on my team versus yours in an actual game.

If the browns take Tannehil I hope we get Blackmon then.

I would not draft wheedon, I'd make sure to get Cousins.

Back
Top Bottom