If Tannehill Is Taken Before We Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill Is Taken Before We Draft

If Tannehill Is Taken Before We Draft:

• Total voters
I would much rather wait and see if B.Weeden, K.Cousins make it to our pick in the 2nd, and if not then wait to see if R.Wilson is available in the 3rd then over draft a guy that is not a top QB.

There are two trains of thought. Personally, BPA is the way to go in the first and second rounds. After that, you can lean more towards need. But as to the issue at hand, I doubt that Tannehill will be available to us. I know that Holmgren has a lot of respect for Sherman and I don't see them passing on Tannehill, unless they can get a super deal on a trade up...(hopefully not us)...

I think that Weeden is the most polished QB not named Luck or RG3 in this draft. He's ready to compete. I'd love to trade down and grab him at least in the mid-first. However, I wouldn't take him at #8. I'm not convinced Tannehill is just worth #8...

What would be ideal is a trade down to the mid-first and then draft Weeden, but if they can't make a legit trade, I'd say take BPA all the way.

The thing is, at #8 there's a good chance that one of the top 5 or 6 guys, regardless of position, fall and someone might be willing to move up to our spot...

But the way this offseason has gone so far, they'll probably take Eddie Moore at #8...

I would much rather wait and see if B.Weeden, K.Cousins make it to our pick in the 2nd, and if not then wait to see if R.Wilson is available in the 3rd then over draft a guy that is not a top QB.

If Cleveland either trades or takes one of the elite guys at #4, they'll hope to take Weeden at #22... I don't think there is any way that Weeden makes it out of the first...not that I think he's worth a 1st, just that there are a few teams that need QBs...

I think Miami will be tempted to take Weeden at #8, but I hope not.

Interesting. So far approximately 44% are reasonably comfortable with Weeden as our target "franchise QB" although differing on what it should take to secure him.

wow i cant believe all the love Weeden gets this guy has the lowest ceiling of any qb in the draft i mean he about to be what 29? this guy needs to be nfl ready now and hes not think of him as the next Chris Weinke I'd rather wait and take a chance on the kid from Wisc, Boise, or Houston then take a chance on Weeden.

If we take Tannehill or Weeden at #8 then we will be forced to start them. This is not what we need.

I'd hope we can take Osweiler in the 3rd round and set him for at least a year.

But we will not. We suck balls.

If Tannehill is drafted before Miami's 8th pick all that means is there's an elite player at another position there for the taking.

Miami should take that elite player at #8 and grab a developmental quarterback later, and be thankful that they weren't presented with the option of taking a developmental quarterback at #8.

Plan B would be try to trade down later in the 1st to select Weeden while acquiring more picks in the process. Taking Weeden in the 1st round isn't ideal, but the extra picks make it tenable.

wow i cant believe all the love Weeden gets this guy has the lowest ceiling of any qb in the draft i mean he about to be what 29? this guy needs to be nfl ready now and hes not think of him as the next Chris Weinke I'd rather wait and take a chance on the kid from Wisc, Boise, or Houston then take a chance on Weeden.

Well at least it wasn't a John Beck comparison.

Voted "OK with Weeden at 8."

If Tannehill's gone before 8, I doubt Weeden's gonna last much longer, his age be damned. If a kid like Tannehill who still needs time in the oven is off the board that early, that means all bets are off, IMO.

I don't really see your logic here, from everything I've read Tannehill is considered a future franchise QB and given his YOUNG age teams will be willing to take a bigger chance with him because his talent ceiling is very HIGH. Weeden going at 8 would be our WORST 1st Round pick EVER. If we were going to take Weeden we better move WAY down to do it. Who else after us would draft a 1st round QB? If Cleveland doesn't grab Tannehill then we can go whatever way we want and if they do I wouldn't be against staying and taking Blackmon or Floyd or Reiff maybe even a pass rusher like Coples but I'm praying for Tannehill. Don't forget that Sherman coached and recruited this kid and also with the new rookie cap it's easier to take a chance on a high 1st round QB

I don't really see your logic here, from everything I've read Tannehill is considered a future franchise QB and given his YOUNG age teams will be willing to take a bigger chance with him because his talent ceiling is very HIGH. Weeden going at 8 would be our WORST 1st Round pick EVER. If we were going to take Weeden we better move WAY down to do it. Who else after us would draft a 1st round QB? If Cleveland doesn't grab Tannehill then we can go whatever way we want and if they do I wouldn't be against staying and taking Blackmon or Floyd or Reiff maybe even a pass rusher like Coples but I'm praying for Tannehill. Don't forget that Sherman coached and recruited this kid and also with the new rookie cap it's easier to take a chance on a high 1st round QB

First, Tannehill is a kid who is more of a project and isn't expected to be ready to start right away according to almost everyone I've seen comment on him. Which is why many think we're reaching even to talk about him at 8.

Second, our worst first round pick ever? Do you really want to go there? I mean, we've had Kumerows and Greens and... yeah. Unless the guy's total garbage (which I don't think he will be), he won't even be close to our worst first round draft pick.

As for who would draft a QB, I think KC, for one might be willing to jump in there. It's painfully obvious that Matt Cassell is trash and their backup is Brady Quinn.

I dunno man I was also a fan of Weeden early on but after watching him play and his age he is no where near worth the #8 pick. I know Tannehill is a project but a project that is supposed to birth you a franchise QB. I say worst factoring in position and talent available. I agree Tannehill is prolly a reach at #8 but much less so then Weeden IMO. Not only that but Weeden would pretty much have to start now or next year the very latest and although he is rated as the 3rd most NFL ready his age is a huge factor. To me he's too hit or miss. I agree that if we were to trade up and get him late in the first or early second it could be worth it but I don't really agree with trading down from 8 unless we get a REALLy sweet deal. This is a pretty deep draft but I think the talent has a pretty big drop off after the top 10.

Voted for taking another QB in the 2nd or 3rd (Weeden or Cousins) and taking the best player available in the 1st (possibly trading down in the 1st if possible).

Back
Top Bottom