If Tannehill Is Taken Before We Draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill Is Taken Before We Draft

If Tannehill Is Taken Before We Draft:

• Total voters
trade back is a must.if this team has a plan to build with the draft then we must trade back pick up a few extra picks and grab bpa no matter what in the first round.with the 2 second round picks we should double up on wr then in the third a te and rt.we might just draft the right players to make this offseason work to our advantage

BPA at 8. Let Tannehill, Weeden, Cousins, Osweiler go until round 2 at least - one or maybe all of them will be there. We're not going to miss out on a thing.

I could have checked several of the answers really. Not a big deal if we don't land Tannehill, IMO. Once we missed out on Luck and Barkley opted to stay in school, I saw little hope of landing a franchise QB in this draft. I say go with Moore/Garrard and draft Weeden or a developmental. If one of them takes it to the next level, awesome, we don't need to draft QB the next year.

Of course, it seems like this is the scenario that plays out every single year. Backup starting, developmental 2nd rounder and soon to be career backup hot on his heels, and still no long-term answer.

I believe it's like the Flynn situation.Philbin knews Flynns value and would not go more. Sherman knows Tannehill inside out and if he thinks he's worth it at 8 we draft him . If we pass on him or trade down you have your answer. Reaching to fill a need hardly ever works out .(see Ted Ginn)

I love how people on here are making it seem that we are the ones putting Tannehill so high out of desperation. He is being rated this high by the so called draft experts out there not by Dolphins fans. I mean I really don't understand the logic sometimes used here. We wouldn't be talking bout drafting him at #8 if he wasn't being projected as a possible #4 pick by the Browns. Now I know that both teams are in need of QBs but I don't think that really comes into play in the first round of the NFL draft.

I love how people on here are making it seem that we are the ones putting Tannehill so high out of desperation. He is being rated this high by the so called draft experts out there not by Dolphins fans. I mean I really don't understand the logic sometimes used here. We wouldn't be talking bout drafting him at #8 if he wasn't being projected as a possible #4 pick by the Browns. Now I know that both teams are in need of QBs but I don't think that really comes into play in the first round of the NFL draft.

I've honestly read this 4 times and I still have zero idea what you are trying to say?????

If Barkley and Landry were in this draft then Tannehill probably does not even get considered a first round pick. My concern is that Tannehill is not that great of a QB. I realize he has tons of upside, but he also seems pretty raw. That type of raw unpolished talent is something that teams usually draft in the 3rd round or later. We obviously need to find our QB, however there is no reason for us to force a pick just because of this need. Anyways, I just hope Philbin gets a guy he feels he can work with.

The draft experts also rated Brady Quinn, Jamarcus Russell, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Brian Brohm, Colt Brennan, Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, and every other Tom, Dick, and Harry out there as franchise quarterbacks.

Ryan Tannehill was always 1st round physical talent based on upside alone. This isn't news. We discussed it in the draft forum almost a year ago now when looking ahead to the 2012 class. What people always lose sight of is that he was a potential LATE 1st round quarterback prospect based on upside, but in reality an early 2nd round prospect.

He's getting pushed into the top 10 because he's viewed as the #3 quarterback in this class. Using that logic, the #6 QB in this class should be a top 20 pick.

Ryan Tannehill isn't a franchise quarterback right now... he's a project. Hell, he was a project in college for Mike Sherman.

Tannehill's upside is legitimate, but it's a tremendous gamble taking him in the top 10. There's nothing wrong with taking that gamble as long as you're not passing up an elite talent at another position in the process. But that's exactly what Miami is going to do if they take Tannehill at #8.

Voted "OK with Weeden at 8."

If Tannehill's gone before 8, I doubt Weeden's gonna last much longer, his age be damned. If a kid like Tannehill who still needs time in the oven is off the board that early, that means all bets are off, IMO.

Dude, you are ok to take weeden at 8 !!! ???? He dumb , but not that dumb . This guy will go in the 3d or 4 th rnd

The draft experts also rated Brady Quinn, Jamarcus Russell, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Brian Brohm, Colt Brennan, Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, and every other Tom, Dick, and Harry out there as franchise quarterbacks.

Ryan Tannehill was always 1st round physical talent based on upside alone. This isn't news. We discussed it in the draft forum almost a year ago now when looking ahead to the 2012 class. What people always lose sight of is that he was a potential LATE 1st round quarterback prospect based on upside, but in reality an early 2nd round prospect.

He's getting pushed into the top 10 because he's viewed as the #3 quarterback in this class. Using that logic, the #6 QB in this class should be a top 20 pick.

Ryan Tannehill isn't a franchise quarterback right now... he's a project. Hell, he was a project in college for Mike Sherman.

Tannehill's upside is legitimate, but it's a tremendous gamble taking him in the top 10. There's nothing wrong with taking that gamble as long as you're not passing up an elite talent at another position in the process. But that's exactly what Miami is going to do if they take Tannehill at #8.

Teddy, long time ago I was part of a business that made decisions by developing statistical probability models. To an extent, what I do now reflects probabilities of past comparable reactions. Of course, derived probability is only as valid as the input used and reliable as whoever is tasked with the interpretation and analysis.

Given that, let's say hypothetically that our brainiacs have developed a pretty good back tested probability model and determine that there's a 75% statistical likelihood that Tannehill and/or Weeden will develop into top 12 tier QBs between now and 12 -24 months hence. (I know, it's Ireland and the boys, but let's just roll with the scenario please.)

Having confidence in a time tested analysis, even if it's a reach on either of these guys, Tannehill because of rawness and Weeden due to age and spread formation, wouldn't it make sense to nevertheless grab either of them as soon as possible if you in fact are that confident, rather than conceding to league consensus and sentiment, thereby running the risk of being "penny wise and pound foolish" if some other team snaps the guy up after conducting a similar probability study?

Personally, I don't care that we reach, mostly due to his age, for Weeden at 8, if we have a high determination that he will still give us a distinguished 7-8 year run; that's certainly better than anything since Marino, and plenty of time to groom his successor. Ditto if it takes Tannehill a year to sit behind Moore/Garrard if that same probability asserts he will be a stud 12-24months out. :idk:

Your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom