If the Dolphins go 9-7 next year & barely miss playoffs... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Dolphins go 9-7 next year & barely miss playoffs...

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Will Ross still keep the staff in tact? It's a 1 game improvement and the FO can still make the same case that they were close and there is "progress".

I am very interested to learn where Ross' line is. Is it possible that he would still stick with this bunch after another missed playoff opportunity?

You cant just look at 9-7 and say wether there's improvement or not.

This team is going 4-12 or 5-11 without a major culture change within the building

You cant just look at 9-7 and say wether there's improvement or not.

Obviously, but Ross seems to think 8-8 was an improvement, when it really wasn't. Is that much if a stretch to think the same of 9-7 next year even if it means no playoffs?

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

This team is going 4-12 or 5-11 without a major culture change within the building

Sadly, I think the QB is too good to lead the team to only 4 wins... At minimum, I see them winning 7 games unless the defense absolutely implodes.

Will Ross still keep the staff in tact? It's a 1 game improvement and the FO can still make the same case that they were close and there is "progress".

I am very interested to learn where Ross' line is. Is it possible that he would still stick with this bunch after another missed playoff opportunity?

8-8, 9-7 and missing the playoffs year after year is a bad recipe to maintain in the NFL if you want to build towards success.

Jeff Ireland is a huge obstacle if you want to build towards success.

Obviously, but Ross seems to think 8-8 was an improvement, when it really wasn't. Is that much if a stretch to think the same of 9-7 next year even if it means no playoffs?

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Sadly, I think the QB is too good to lead the team to only 4 wins... At minimum, I see them winning 7 games unless the defense absolutely implodes.

I hope you are right that RT plays that well. I think the end of last year bleeds into next year.

My question to the members is this, If Ireland pulls off a good to great draft, and combined with a great offseason, does he earn another year of employment if we happen to go 8-8, or 7-9 again?

No, he had his time, and it's up 40.19%
Yes, he seems to be getting better and should stay 59.81%

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?337685-Poll-Has-Jeff-already-earned-another-year

9-7 not only earns everyone another year, but people on here will applaud it.

This team could be 10-6 with an improved Oline. I dont think that warrants a 'major clture change'.

This team needs to improve its margin of error. All of their wins except for Cleveland and the Jets were close, last minute wins. The defense has to increase the gross number of turnovers created and explosive plays on offense to improve that margin of error.

With all that said, I think this organization is leaderless and leaderless organizations do not win. Simple as that.

This team needs to improve its margin of error. All of their wins except for Cleveland and the Jets were close, last minute wins. The defense has to increase the gross number of turnovers created and explosive plays on offense to improve that margin of error.

With all that said, I think this organization is leaderless and leaderless organizations do not win. Simple as that.

Sadly agree on leadership

Wahooooo! Extensions for everyone!

You don't collapse against two divisional rivals to end the year and follow it up with a winning season. Fear not, we'll be one of the worst teams next year.

I will just go back to semi-recent past...don't you miss the Zack and JT type leaders on this team?

I said it for this year, anything less than the playoffs is unacceptable. If 9 wins get you in fine. If it's 10 then get 10.

The barometer is the playoffs. We shouldn't become complacent with anything else.

This organization used to stand for that.

Now people are starting to thinking getting one more win is something we should be happy about.

The goal is always the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom