If the draft were to start today... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the draft were to start today...

I think Webb is pretty easy to break down, though a little less easy to figure what his future will hold.

1. Absurd throwing talent, power, accuracy and spin.
2. Is as aggressive with the football as you'd expect someone with that arm talent to be.
3. Better feet than you'd expect on a six and a half footer, but still a bit slower than a six footer.
4. Middling face fundamentals.
5. Nice guy. I have that from people that have spent weeks with him.
6. More to that end, he stayed at Tech even after being benched; graduated and became a de facto coach type.
7. Obviously, Air Raid. But he has a few more responsibilities than some Air Raid QBs.
8. Doesn't know how to use a pocket. His arm bails him out.

This looks pretty spot on.

At 11, I'd think Miami has a shot at Reuben Foster. Honestly, he would add a lot to the defense allowing the Dolphins to put Kiko Alonso at strongside and vastly improving a weak spot.

Miami could also have a shot at Jamal Adams at safety. Those might be my top two choices as of now. A couple other options could be Charles Harris of Missouri, especially if the team goes 3-4 on defense, Demarcus Walker who has a little more size, Derek Barnett and maybe a corner like Marlon Humphrey.

At 11, I'd think Miami has a shot at Reuben Foster. Honestly, he would add a lot to the defense allowing the Dolphins to put Kiko Alonso at strongside and vastly improving a weak spot.

Miami could also have a shot at Jamal Adams at safety. Those might be my top two choices as of now. A couple other options could be Charles Harris of Missouri, especially if the team goes 3-4 on defense, Demarcus Walker who has a little more size, Derek Barnett and maybe a corner like Marlon Humphrey.

Yes, please.

Shortlist of players who look like they could be available at 11: R. Foster, J. Adams, D. Barnett, D. Walker, and T. Williams.

Shortlist of players who look like they could be available at 11: R. Foster, J. Adams, D. Barnett, D. Walker, and T. Williams.

Man are we on the same page. Look two posts up. Would you go Foster over Adams? Personally, I like Foster better for Miami, but I wonder if you can come back in round 2 and get a nice linebacker like Davis or Beckwith. Combining one of those guys with Adams feels like a big win to me.

I know fans would freak out over this, but Cam Robinson would have to be in consideration as well especially if Miami parts ways with Brandon Albert. Robinson wouldn't be my favorite pick out of the group mentioned, but I think he'd be a great LG with Laremy Tunsil moving to LT.

Don't see that happening, but again have to consider a player of that caliber if he's there and you're picking in the middle of round 1.

Man are we on the same page. Look two posts up. Would you go Foster over Adams? Personally, I like Foster better for Miami, but I wonder if you can come back in round 2 and get a nice linebacker like Davis or Beckwith. Combining one of those guys with Adams feels like a big win to me.

I know fans would freak out over this, but Cam Robinson would have to be in consideration as well especially if Miami parts ways with Brandon Albert. Robinson wouldn't be my favorite pick out of the group mentioned, but I think he'd be a great LG with Laremy Tunsil moving to LT.

Don't see that happening, but again have to consider a player of that caliber if he's there and you're picking in the middle of round 1.

Defense has been neglected far too long. I take the rare talent in Foster, but would be happy with Adams or several other defensive options.

I started to reply, but I kept changing my mind. I love a dominant Safety, so Adams would be hard to bypass, but I think Foster is as good at his position, and Miami needs some premium talent and physicality at LB, so I'd favor Foster.

I don't think Cam Robinson will be available at 11, but if he is, you would have to at least consider him - given Albert's health concerns. Agree with Gonzo that the D has been neglected far too long, but if the staff thinks it's the difference between continuing a dominant ground attack and falling back to earth, then the pick would be justified. Still, I'd prefer to go D. You should be able to draft a really good OG in the 2nd or 3rd, and FA is another option (haven't checked who will be available).

If we are looking at a mike backer with the thought of moving Alonzo to will, I would say that this draft is easily one of the better ones to do that in.

I think McMillian out of OSU is a little better then Foster, but we are talking a very minor difference. The LB out of NWU Walker is a stud....if you could back into the back end of round 1 if you went DE earlier, then that would be the move to make.

Defense has been neglected far too long. I take the rare talent in Foster, but would be happy with Adams or several other defensive options.

I absolutely would love the pick of Foster. I wonder what safeties or pass rushers would be available in R2???

I started to reply, but I kept changing my mind. I love a dominant Safety, so Adams would be hard to bypass, but I think Foster is as good at his position, and Miami needs some premium talent and physicality at LB, so I'd favor Foster.

I don't think Cam Robinson will be available at 11, but if he is, you would have to at least consider him - given Albert's health concerns. Agree with Gonzo that the D has been neglected far too long, but if the staff thinks it's the difference between continuing a dominant ground attack and falling back to earth, then the pick would be justified. Still, I'd prefer to go D. You should be able to draft a really good OG in the 2nd or 3rd, and FA is another option (haven't checked who will be available).

It would almost seem like an automatic to go defense in R1 unless some unique/elite talent falls into Miami's lap like Laremy Tunsil did in the last draft.

If Miami ends up 9-7 or something like that then the options are a little different with players like Foster/Adams likely off the board. That may be too early to start thinking tight end, but Howard and Butts could be options for Adam Gase later in R1.

I do think defense will be the pick in R1 with lots of possibilities for R2 including tight end and maybe offensive guard.

You would have to be some
Kind of Clemson homer to think deshaun Watson is a great prospect. Missed inside onndeeo throws a lot, not accurate at all, football is is vastly overrated

You would have to be some
Kind of Clemson homer to think deshaun Watson is a great prospect. Missed inside onndeeo throws a lot, not accurate at all, football is is vastly overrated

I like alcohol too ...

If we are looking at a mike backer with the thought of moving Alonzo to will, I would say that this draft is easily one of the better ones to do that in.

I think McMillian out of OSU is a little better then Foster, but we are talking a very minor difference. The LB out of NWU Walker is a stud....if you could back into the back end of round 1 if you went DE earlier, then that would be the move to make.

McMillian has been a disappointment so far this season. OSU fan here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foster is a guy I like watching and would love to have. Seen several mocks that have him late 1st high 2nd. If so, I'm all about trading down to select him and get another pick to lessen the blow of losing a 3rd for Caroo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom