If the draft were to start today... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the draft were to start today...

If we are looking at a mike backer with the thought of moving Alonzo to will, I would say that this draft is easily one of the better ones to do that in.

I think McMillian out of OSU is a little better then Foster, but we are talking a very minor difference. The LB out of NWU Walker is a stud....if you could back into the back end of round 1 if you went DE earlier, then that would be the move to make.

I love that Walker kid from Northwestern. Any chance he is available round 2?

BPA PERIOD. That will be either a defensive player or Fournette. Those who are opposed to Fournette have to understand the trickle down effect. He is an imposing running back that defenses have to gameplan for and that will take the burden off of RT. He will also help keep the offense on the field, which will help the defense. My preference would be Garrett, but he will probably be picked a few spots before the Phins pick (as usual).
I'm assuming the Phins will be picking 2-5. I don't think any of these draft eligible QBs are polished enough to be considered with a top 5 pick. Just my opinion. Now if Gates has a conviction on one of these QBs that they can be special (Like Philly felt about Wentz) than I will be on board with it.

The phins already have their powerback. What the Offense needs is a versatile Sproles like RB. You can wait a few yrs for a Power back (Pettway from Auburn).

I loathe Florida State (so not a home-r pick), but I think Dalvin Cook fits the running back position in today's NFL better than Fournette -- though I do like both.

I love the idea of a Myles Garrett or Cook/Fournette this year and waiting to address QB next year with Jake Browning (whatever it takes to land him).

I will restate that Fournette is a hammer and McCaffrey is a swiss army knife and would IMO compliment Ajayi wonderfully.

Imagine an offense with McCaffrey & Grant on the field at the same time.

The D would be upgrading significantly by drafting an MLB & moving Alonso outside. Foster (Bama) I don't mind. I just happen to like Ryan Anderson better.

I like Reuben Foster but I also got my eye on Zach Cunningham who I feel is gonna shoot up drafts boards during the draft process.

I like Reuben Foster but I also got my eye on Zach Cunningham who I feel is gonna shoot up drafts boards during the draft process.

Like your thinking. Miami's current winning streak likely puts them more in position for a linebacker, which fits their needs to a tee.

When the Dolphins were looking like a shoe in for a top 10 pick, I had to think pass rusher, corner, BPA.

Absolutely love Foster. Miami needs to continue to build a physical team and he would be a great get for the defense. Haven't seen Cunningham, but reading great things about him. Two linebackers early and make that unit a huge strength.

Back
Top Bottom