if this is true then dolphin fans are going to be pissed. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if this is true then dolphin fans are going to be pissed.

Lorenzo Rules

Active Roster
Reaction score
on espn this morning they were saying the Commish wants to reward teams that dont rest players at the end of the season and it means bad teams may pay a high price for it.

Goodell wants to give the colts extra draft picks and he wants to take draft picks away from have not type of teams which is us.

this may be just goodell trying to get the pats and colts to stay at the top but its definately is a concern . I hope Goddell doesnt pull this crap.

Goddell SUCKS he is a complete and utter FAILURE!!! He is doing every thing he can to ruin the NFL Era were any team can compete and return it to the era that the big spenders win!

Please don't tell me that you sit through 90 minutes of NFL Sunday Countdown.

Well it's been three decades since we won anything, what's it to us?

This was the CBS in game interview, right?
I think when he was talking about giving extra picks out he was referring to the CBA expiring this year. I thought he was saying he wanted to level out the playing field as much as possible, and give out picks to small market teams.

But I may have heard wrong?

They mentioned it during the game today. Where the **** were you?

It's not going to happen this season anyway. So who the hell cares? I'd have no problem with getting an extra pick or two next season when we have the AFC locked up ;)

The colts DID rest their players. I dont understand.

And LOL at the idea of the colts, pats, steelers, and chargers picking in the top 5 every year. I'd stop watching...

Goodell was on during the Dolphins game and yes he did mention possibly giving draft picks to teams in return for not resting players. However, he did say that they would not punish teams by taking picks away and wanted to offer this as a reward not a punishment.

So hold on...say it were to happen this season...so if the Colts play their players last week against the Jets they get an extra draft pick? I heard it briefly but i was talkin and bs'in when Goodell was talking.

so he wants to give extra picks to teams for doing what they should do anyway? what kind of bull is that? He wants the pats and Colts to stay on top no matter what.

Ozzy rules!!

He only said the competition committee will look into other ways to entice other teams to play their star players one possible scenario would be to award team a draft pick... i don't see that flying cuz to many factors would be involved for a team to rewarded a draft pick, he was saying that he wants games to mean something for the fans and it has to be enjoyable for the fan (between the lines it means the high stakes of gambling IMO) .It was like todays game between IND/Buff ...Indy had nothing to play for and why risk a injury?

so he wants to give extra picks to teams for doing what they should do anyway? what kind of bull is that? He wants the pats and Colts to stay on top no matter what.

Ozzy rules!!

yea i dont see how giving extra picks to a top team is really fair either

That would seriously upset the apple cart. Teams in a position to rest players at the end of the season are the ones at the top. Awarding them extra picks would fly right in the face of the leagues stated goal of competitive parity.

God, I hope there are enough owners that are getting tired of this tool to run him out of town on a rail.

they also mentioned reseeding the playoff system. make the top 6 teams get in , instead of 1 from each division and 2 wildcards. makes sense but kind of takes the rivalry out of the game.

That would seriously upset the apple cart. Teams in a position to rest players at the end of the season are the ones at the top. Awarding them extra picks would fly right in the face of the leagues stated goal of competitive parity.

God, I hope there are enough owners that are getting tired of this tool to run him out of town on a rail.

Agreed. Every sentence out of his mouth is either incomparably boring or completely inane. One look at his face and he never should have been hired.

Okay, that's harsh, but I can't stand the guy. I can only imagine how he'll make sure the labor negotiations lead to either a lockout or some type of hidden problem down the road.

Giving extra draft picks is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. Can you imagine the subjectivity involved? What week does it start? How long do the starters have to play? Do they have to try? What if someone like Welker tears up his knee and alters his career, is that compensated with a 7th rounder?

The bye system naturally sets up instances where teams want to rest their players. If you lack the bye and are locked into the playoffs already, it's natural to use the final week as essentially a bye, like Arizona today.

Goodell has a 17 or 18 game season in mind. So I guarantee this topic is more of a concern than we understand right now. He knows if he expands the schedule then more late season games will be meaningless and flooded with reserves.

What about the situation where a clinched team benefits by beating someone to prevent a rival or dangerous team from reaching the playoffs? Are you going to reward them with a draft pick for something they intended to do in the first place? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom