if this is true then dolphin fans are going to be pissed. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if this is true then dolphin fans are going to be pissed.

Does Goodell have Peyton Manning on his fantasy team or something?

The draft pick idea will never fly. They do need to find a way to punish the teams that do this. The Texans got screwed this season and the Jests got an unfair advantage. You do all know this is only going to get worse when the league goes to 18 games? But when you see what happened to Welker you cant blame teams for doing it. I think punishment of some sort should be done rather than reward. Maybe slipping a few spots in the draft for sitting players rather than rewarding them with a better or extra pick.

Goodell has a lot of nerve showing up at the Miami game week 17, tell me somebody punched him in the mouth.

As far as the new rule it probably has nothing to do with resting starters, as long as they win they get the extra pick (obviously an easier task with manning playing), otherwise the rule would be extremely dumb as opposed to just very dumb.

I think the owners should have to compensate the fans if they want to rest starters, for home games reimburse season ticket holders and make the game 1/3rd price for instance.

What's with all the hate? The dude runs the most successful sports league in the world. How exactly is he "destroying it"? You guys speak as if you have a clue what his job entails when you don't! Besides, nothing is etched in stone. You should at the very least appreciate his attempt at keeping teams like the Jets from getting a free pass into the playoffs. They beat not just one, but TWO teams resting their starters. If that were our schedule, we'd be in the playoffs right now. This will become an even bigger issue if the Jets win next week.

For all those talking about "punishing" teams for resting players you can forget that to.....Should a rule like that go through, I can see a lot of players getting an "eye injury" or "blurred vision" or some other lame excuse for an injury before/during the last game or so of the season in order to sit.

My solution is to set some standards, like 75% of all starting players must play a min. of 65% of the game if healthy or else the team is compelled to refund 50% of the admission price. I've alway been a firm believer through years of professional experience that no matter the issue, you're most always gonna get more compliance using the stick than the carrot.

I think there should be a rule against resting your players. The Jets are in the playoffs, and they dont deserve it, because they goy to play against a Colts team led by Curtis Painter....OOOOOOOOHHHHH! The Texans are a much deserving team, annd they got screwed out of the postseason, because the Jets got to ploay againt B-squads. It's rediculous, I bust my hump each and every day at a job I hate, yet these guys get paid millions to play a game. Shut up and play!!

Extra draft picks? What's he going to do, go to an 8th round? Who cares? What good is that going to do for anybody? Or maybe, wait, I know, he'll go to an NBA-style lottery where the best teams that didn't rest players will automatically get a crack at the top picks. Yea, that's it! And all the owners will line up right behind him too!
What are you getting so excited about? The whole idea is ridiculous but if the Dolphins were in Indy's position I'll bet you'd love it.

Back
Top Bottom