If you believed until Ricky quit and then went back and forth until Boston got hurt.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you believed until Ricky quit and then went back and forth until Boston got hurt..

I was wondering since we got a favorable schedule this year. And with all the things going on so far this year. Will we be able to overcome all of this. I was thinking back to last year and how Texans beat us. And it seemed like we never really recovered after that. Was there any real team of notariety that we beat last year. I wonder what we will look like this year after all of this. I like it that we basically started over with a new o-line. And a possible new QB starting. But now that the whole Williams thing and Boston getting hurt. Now i am starting to wonder. I hope everything will be ok. But you have to admit this has been the offseason from hell.

no SB expectations. little playoff expectations. But not full-blown pessismist.

after the draft tho, i was expecting SB for sure....how things change.

12-4!

AFC EAST CHAMPS!

AFC CHAMPS!

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!

blind optimism rules the day!

I still dont think we're done. We went 11-5 and made the playoffs with worse talent then we have now. I mean, think about it...we won the division with Fielder, Gadsden, Lamar Smith, whoever our TE was (Jed Weaver keeps coming to mind, but I dont think it was him) and an O-line that I dont think was any more talented than what we have now. Now we have Feely, Chambers, Minor/Morris, Thompson (who I think will finally step up under Sullivan's guidance) and a revamped o-line to go with the same defense we had back then (only deeper). I think 11-5 and playoffs is attainable.

GO FINS!

While I try to remain optimistic about our playoff hopes, I've tried to think of another team that has a good defense, 1a & 1b receivers, and a dominating RB. Seattle comes to mind. What if they lost Alexander and Krob. How do you think they'd fare.

I'm hopeful for the playoffs, but 8-8 may be more realistic, and 4-12 wouldn't surprise me at all.

FinFan4Life814 said:
I still dont think we're done. We went 11-5 and made the playoffs with worse talent then we have now. I mean, think about it...we won the division with Fielder, Gadsden, Lamar Smith, whoever our TE was (Jed Weaver keeps coming to mind, but I dont think it was him) and an O-line that I dont think was any more talented than what we have now. Now we have Feely, Chambers, Minor/Morris, Thompson (who I think will finally step up under Sullivan's guidance) and a revamped o-line to go with the same defense we had back then (only deeper). I think 11-5 and playoffs is attainable.

GO FINS!

This is true, but the AFC is much tougher now than it was five years ago. However, our easy schedule may save us... I sure hope so

wonderl33t said:
This is true, but the AFC is much tougher now than it was five years ago. However, our easy schedule may save us... I sure hope so

After all that is happening, Our schedule is starting to look harder and harder as the days go on. But hell, it's nothing we cant handle....11-5 here we come :cooldude:

With the O-line featuring 6 guys who have never played together and only one proven player, I wasn't expecting the team to do more than sniff the Playoffs. I was hoping, but, not really expecting. Without Ricky and Boston...I'm looking forward to a sweet 1st round pick and Tony Wise as the new HC.

I'm thinking a 9-7 is more realistic, with possible 8-8. I don't see us beating the Pats this season, or the Broncos, the Titans, the Rams, we'll split games with the Jets and fall against the Steelers too. Very possibly we could lose against Seattle, they're looking good. In all honesty I think the playoffs are nothing more than a hope. But hey, you never know....

When Ricky retired at first I thought we were done and going to be 5-11 and then I thought about it and realized we could still go 11-5 maybe even 12-4. After Bostons injury I went back to 6-10 but maybe if we sign a decent 3rd WR we can still go 10-6 or 9-7 and sneak into the playoffs.

I say we tank the season... and GO FOR MIKE WILLIAM NEXT YEAR!!! WHOS WITH ME?!?!?!... NO? NO??? well it seemed like a good idea...

Back
Top Bottom