If you believed until Ricky quit and then went back and forth until Boston got hurt.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you believed until Ricky quit and then went back and forth until Boston got hurt..

i dont think we'll suck but we wont be better than average...somwhere between 6 and 9 wins...im gonna with 7-9

7-9, hopefully worse for a better draft pick. Trade OGun, try to trade Ricky's rights. Start the rebuilding process.

FinFan4Life814 said:
I still dont think we're done. We went 11-5 and made the playoffs with worse talent then we have now. I mean, think about it...we won the division with Fielder, Gadsden, Lamar Smith, whoever our TE was (Jed Weaver keeps coming to mind, but I dont think it was him) and an O-line that I dont think was any more talented than what we have now. Now we have Feely, Chambers, Minor/Morris, Thompson (who I think will finally step up under Sullivan's guidance) and a revamped o-line to go with the same defense we had back then (only deeper). I think 11-5 and playoffs is attainable.

GO FINS!

Your missing the biggest point. Dave was not our coach then. No way he can take this team to the playoffs.

Our schedule may be more favorable then in years past but it is still the hardest ranked schedule in the league based on last years records. It is sad that we are excited and say how easy our schedule is just bc we are used to getting really screwed with the schedules. If you want to see an easy schedule take a look at the Eagles schedule. I too still had the faith of a solid season and playoffs after Ricky left bc running him constantly never got us anything. After Boston went down however I can't seem to find any positive spin. We have the same team as last year minus Ricky and with no upgrades now. Maybe our OL will be better but who knows.

Knowing the Miami luck, you guys will go 7-9 and miss out on getting a blue chip type player.

I'm a Dolphins fan just like the majority of you, and I think this is hilarious.
First, Wannstedt stays. The worst coach in football stays around for another year. I don't care if the record was 15-1 or 10-6, they did not make the playoffs. With as talented as a team that was on the field for Miami last year, a squirrel could have coached them to a playoff berth. Just like politics, being conservative is stupid. Big mistake.
Second, letting Marino come back as a "GM" position. He was brought in solely because of who he was in this organization, and had no experience. He may have been the best QB in NFL history, but he should not have been in the front office right now working with the coach that pushed him out of football. Big mistake.
Third, signing David "Please come and operate on my knee" Boston. A big, steroidal crybaby. Big mistake.
Fourth, trading for AJ Feeley. Didn't this team already have 2 mediocre QB's before releasing another "name" for the Dolphins-Brian Griese. Feeley: An unproven QB who has had what, 4 career starts? I doubt he will be worth the top 40 pick the Eagles will recieve for him. Big mistake.
Fifth, Ricky Williams. I won't even get started on the "I'd rather smoke weed in Jamiaca than do something for millions of dollars." Psycho-enough said.

Mutiple posts I have seen said "we had all these crappy guys in 2000 on offense and still made the playoffs."

It's called getting older. Get used to it because it is going to happen to you too. In that 2000 season, these players were at these ages in their lives:

Zach Thomas: 27
Jason Taylor: 26
Sam Madison: 26
Pat Surtain: 24
Tim Bowens: 27

Now, 4 years later, it looks like this (I'll do the math seeing as some of you might be a little slow)

Zach Thomas: 31
Jason Taylor: 30
Sam Madison: 30
Pat Surtain: 28
Tim Bowens: 31

They're not getting any younger folks. With as mediocre as an offense this team is going to provide, you really think by week 10 they are going to be ready to go out there for the 8th time in the first half after another 3 and out? Give me a break. The defense will suffer from exhaustion by the end of the season, so don't expect the "December swoon" to stop this year.

You can be a fan if you want, but please, be realistic. Fantasy-land was 2 stops earlier on the train, before you had the intelligence to figure out not be a fan of this terrible, terrible, organization.

marinotoclayton said:
I was wondering since we got a favorable schedule this year.

what is all this "favorable schedule" talk? we have the hardest schedule in the NFL. and why? we didn't even make the playoffs last year. Two teams that made the playoffs last year have two of the top-10 easiest schedules! WHO MAKES THE SCHEDULES? is the NFL that retarded? wouldn't it make more sense to give the hardest schedules to the teams that won the superbowl (or at least made the playoffs)?

and this next years schedule is NOT easier than last years (or the year before).

We are going 0-16 and scoring an average of 3 points a game.

We are going undefeated and not allowing a single point all year.

PUT ME IN BETWEEN.

Just out of curiosity........all you guys who are still predicting 10 or 11 wins, do you REALLY believe that? Or can you not bring yourself to realization that this could be a very rough season.
Don't get me wrong, it all well and good to be optimistic. I HOPE we win 10 or 11 or 12 or 13 games this season, but realistically, I can't honestly predict that.
If I had to make an honest prediction................6-10 or 7-9.

pigskinguy said:
Just out of curiosity........all you guys who are still predicting 10 or 11 wins, do you REALLY believe that? Or can you not bring yourself to realization that this could be a very rough season.
Don't get me wrong, it all well and good to be optimistic. I HOPE we win 10 or 11 or 12 or 13 games this season, but realistically, I can't honestly predict that.
If I had to make an honest prediction................6-10 or 7-9.

I think it's still too early to predict anything. However, IMHO it still comes down to the OL. If they play great, the playoffs are still possible. If they mail it in, we'll be lucky to get 6 wins. We should have some idea by the 3rd pre-season game. Last year they lost the 1st 2 but made a jump in 3 &4.

The BIG question in my mind is, do you try and deal Ogun or wait for the cuts to start and see what happens? They have to do something to replace Boston.

templarwd said:
I think it's still too early to predict anything. However, IMHO it still comes down to the OL. If they play great, the playoffs are still possible. If they mail it in, we'll be lucky to get 6 wins. We should have some idea by the 3rd pre-season game. Last year they lost the 1st 2 but made a jump in 3 &4.

The BIG question in my mind is, do you try and deal Ogun or wait for the cuts to start and see what happens? They have to do something to replace Boston.

It came down to the offensive line back in June...before the Ricky plane crashed and Boston popped his knee.

Right now, even with the offensive line stepping it up a notch, It is very very very difficult for me to think that this team will make it into the playoffs.
You know why? Because if this team DOES make it, I'll always wonder how far they would have gone had they had Ricky and David!!

Now that we all know the truth about Ricky, I am glad he is no longer with the team!
I watched closely last year, and I thought the o line wasn't executing like they should.
I also think that Ricky's decision to smoke marijuana was cutting into his performance,
adios Ricky we need a back with his head on straight!

You're right, we wont have a super season this year. But we will win 10 or more games and make the playoffs.

NCFINFAN38 said:
Your missing the biggest point. Dave was not our coach then. No way he can take this team to the playoffs.

Actually Dave WAS the coach in 2000.

NCFINFAN38 said:
I think you are wrong in every sentence here.

Back
Top Bottom