If you believed until Ricky quit and then went back and forth until Boston got hurt.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you believed until Ricky quit and then went back and forth until Boston got hurt..

Tater Salad said:
I'm a Dolphins fan just like the majority of you, and I think this is hilarious.
First, Wannstedt stays. The worst coach in football stays around for another year. I don't care if the record was 15-1 or 10-6, they did not make the playoffs. With as talented as a team that was on the field for Miami last year, a squirrel could have coached them to a playoff berth. Just like politics, being conservative is stupid. Big mistake.
Second, letting Marino come back as a "GM" position. He was brought in solely because of who he was in this organization, and had no experience. He may have been the best QB in NFL history, but he should not have been in the front office right now working with the coach that pushed him out of football. Big mistake.
Third, signing David "Please come and operate on my knee" Boston. A big, steroidal crybaby. Big mistake.
Fourth, trading for AJ Feeley. Didn't this team already have 2 mediocre QB's before releasing another "name" for the Dolphins-Brian Griese. Feeley: An unproven QB who has had what, 4 career starts? I doubt he will be worth the top 40 pick the Eagles will recieve for him. Big mistake.
Fifth, Ricky Williams. I won't even get started on the "I'd rather smoke weed in Jamiaca than do something for millions of dollars." Psycho-enough said.

Mutiple posts I have seen said "we had all these crappy guys in 2000 on offense and still made the playoffs."

It's called getting older. Get used to it because it is going to happen to you too. In that 2000 season, these players were at these ages in their lives:

Zach Thomas: 27
Jason Taylor: 26
Sam Madison: 26
Pat Surtain: 24
Tim Bowens: 27

Now, 4 years later, it looks like this (I'll do the math seeing as some of you might be a little slow)

Zach Thomas: 31
Jason Taylor: 30
Sam Madison: 30
Pat Surtain: 28
Tim Bowens: 31

They're not getting any younger folks. With as mediocre as an offense this team is going to provide, you really think by week 10 they are going to be ready to go out there for the 8th time in the first half after another 3 and out? Give me a break. The defense will suffer from exhaustion by the end of the season, so don't expect the "December swoon" to stop this year.

You can be a fan if you want, but please, be realistic. Fantasy-land was 2 stops earlier on the train, before you had the intelligence to figure out not be a fan of this terrible, terrible, organization.

:( ....I used to like Ron White.

we will see what we are made of for sure..will the leaders of this team buckle or hold fast through the anticipated offensive struggles...defensive teams have won before but will ours be up to the challenge? atleast we will be unpredictable..hell we don't even know what we are going to do

Go Fins.....
Yes, my expectations are much lower, but I will still root just as hard...
I'm still hoping for the best also.

Have hope!
;)

Tater Salad said:
I'm a Dolphins fan just like the majority of you, and I think this is hilarious.
First, Wannstedt stays. The worst coach in football stays around for another year. I don't care if the record was 15-1 or 10-6, they did not make the playoffs. With as talented as a team that was on the field for Miami last year, a squirrel could have coached them to a playoff berth. Just like politics, being conservative is stupid. Big mistake.

You can be a fan if you want, but please, be realistic. Fantasy-land was 2 stops earlier on the train, before you had the intelligence to figure out not be a fan of this terrible, terrible, organization.

Wow. you are in for a bad year then Dolfan. Get ready for alot more "stupid" politics and football. Neither one will get more liberal in the next few seasons.

It's obvious by your post that you have all the answers and I'm sure you are well trained in assessing that Wanny is the "worst coach" in football. I'm sure you have years and years of training and football background so that you can make an educated assessment of our coaching staff. I'm sure you have all the answers as to why our players couldnt make the routine play last year on their blocks, tackles, catches, and reads. Afterall, you watch all the games right?

I guess the Panthers conservative approach was stupid too? Or how about the early 1970's Miami Dolphins. They sure had a stupid conservative approach. That Joe gibbs guy is stupid too. Can you beleive that stupid conservative approach. Same with that Jimmy Johnson guy that coached in Dallas and Miami. Way too stupid and conservative. I'd go on, but I don't want to give you too much to think about, seeing as how you are likely about to solve all of the world and Dolphins problems with your liberal agenda.

We should all hope Ricky Williams becomes our next HC. He's plenty liberal so that would make him great in your eyes right? Maybe his buddy Lenny can serve as OC. Doesnt matter that he has no formal Football training. He'll be as good at calling plays as you are at assessing Wanny.

Lastly, If you think we have a "terrible, terrible organization" then feel free to walk your unloyal azz out the door. You wont be missed.

At least all of this stuff is happening now and not the middle of the season...i'll stay optimistic....but man theres always that little feeling you get when things like this happen....not to mention i dont ever remember a catastrophe like this.for any team ever.....what dont kill you will eventually make you stronger.

Back
Top Bottom