If you had the 16th pick in the draft... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you had the 16th pick in the draft...

PhinFan0202

Alriiigghht miaaammi!!!
Reaction score
Let's all play GM for a second. If you had the 16th pick in this year's draft who would you have picked? Would you have picked Jason Allen? I wanted to pick Manny Lawson.

Yeah we can sure judge him after all this time he's been on this team huh? Give me a break. A lot of rookies don't make an impact until their 2nd-3rd season. Give him time. If you watched him when he was on the field at Tenn, he was an amazing player.

PhinFan0202 said:
Let's all play GM for a second. If you had the 16th pick in this year's draft who would you have picked? Would you have picked Jason Allen? I wanted to pick Manny Lawson.

I was prayin for Manny Lawson too when our time came draft day.. Lawson has been awesome for the 49'ers already !

So far after two games, Lawson has 2 sacks (one against Orlando Pace) seven tackles in his first Pro game vs the cards, and the game changing tackle behind the line of scrimmage to seal the win versus the Rams . Now THAT'S a First Round Pick folks !

Our front 7 is getting OLD and he would have been the perfect anecdote. He has been flat out brilliant for San Fran and he was the perfect piece to replace Julian Peterson at OLB .. In a 3-4 defense , Lawson would have been great on one side with Taylor on the other side. But I guess Saban had other plans. LOL

Wallace758 said:
Definitely Not Jason Allen...he's A 2nd Round Pick...horrible Pick..sorry Guys

I was surprised when i herd the pick and i really didn't think we were going to pick him. I thought first that we might get Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson. Than i thought maybe they might get Manny Lawson because we have Jason Taylor to mentor him. I was seriously like WTF? Who?! i think he will turn out alright though.

Wallace758 said:
Definitely Not Jason Allen...he's A 2nd Round Pick...horrible Pick..sorry Guys

Yep, that is what I heard on draft day and all the draft magazines said the exact samething, Jason Allen is a reach in the 1st round.

Question, was Jimmy Williams still available at 16?????

MastR_EvaluatoR said:
I was prayin for Manny Lawson too when our time came draft day.. Lawson has been awesome for the 49'ers already !

So far after two games, Lawson has 2 sacks (one against Orlando Pace) seven tackles in his first Pro game vs the cards, and the game changing tackle behind the line of scrimmage to seal the win versus the Rams .

Our front 7 is getting OLD and he would have been the perfect anecdote.

Yeah i was just watching the game film on youtube. Manny Lawson playing some great ball for the Niners. The definately used their first round picks wisely.

icephinfan said:
Yep, that is what I heard on draft day and all the draft magazines said the exact samething, Jason Allen is a reach in the 1st round.

Yeah he was still available. So was Antonio Cromartie...

Lawson, Cromartie, Jimmy Williams, Winston Justice...any of them would have been fine with me.

PhinFan0202 said:
Yeah he was still available. So was Antonio Cromartie...

Jimmy Williams or Antonio Cromartie would have been nice.

Actually the draft magazine I had, said Jimmy Williams would go to us in the first round:tantrum: . Wow, what could have been.

icephinfan said:

Jimmy Williams is playing great ball for Atlanta, they really like him alot.. they really improved their defense too with other moves in the offseason . Superb linebacking corps . They were My darkhorse pick in the NFC. I wasn't surprised when they walked into Carolina and blew em out .. I love that team.

Saban's love for SEC guys is gonna bite him in the butt because he is missing out on better players.

MastR_EvaluatoR said:
Jimmy Williams is playing great ball for Atlanta, they really like him alot.. they really improved their defense too with other moves in the offseason . Superb linebacking corps . My darkhorse pick in the NFC. I love that team.

Yep, Atlanta is looking very strong this year.

I was hoping for Manny Lawson. I was thinking somewhat of a Shawn Merriman type player in him.

Even though I was intrigued by Manny Lawson's pass rushing skills and his ability to play both DE/OLB [especially how OLB, a pass rusher to be specific, is one of our most glaring needs even to this moment], I would've taken Antonio Cromartie if I had enough info from the scouts on a positive note. I think he's going to be a top corner in this league in time, and his size/speed combo truly amazes me. He strikes me as the Chris Gamble type, but a bit more physical and maybe a bit more raw talent.

You guys are really jumping the gun on Jason Allen though - it's sad & extremely ridiculous. Most rookies don't make huge impacts year one, much less the first two games. Some make impacts from day one, while others take two or three years.

MastR_EvaluatoR said:
Jimmy Williams is playing great ball for Atlanta, they really like him alot.. they really improved their defense too with other moves in the offseason . Superb linebacking corps . They were My darkhorse pick in the NFC. I wasn't surprised when they walked into Carolina and blew em out .. I love that team.

Saban's love for SEC guys is gonna bite him in the butt because he is missing out on better players.

Atlanta is looking nasty right now. I like the Niners as my surprise team. Alex Smith looks totally different from last year and looks like he might be the real deal.

Back
Top Bottom