If you had the 16th pick in the draft... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you had the 16th pick in the draft...

PhinFan0202 said:
Let's all play GM for a second. If you had the 16th pick in this year's draft who would you have picked? Would you have picked Jason Allen? I wanted to pick Manny Lawson.

Manny Lawson was also my first choice. But JAllen was on my wish list as well. #4 behind Manny, Greenway, & Jimmy Williams...

MastR_EvaluatoR said:
I was prayin for Manny Lawson too when our time came draft day.. Lawson has been awesome for the 49'ers already !

So far after two games, Lawson has 2 sacks (one against Orlando Pace) seven tackles in his first Pro game vs the cards, and the game changing tackle behind the line of scrimmage to seal the win versus the Rams . Now THAT'S a First Round Pick folks !

Our front 7 is getting OLD and he would have been the perfect anecdote. He has been flat out brilliant for San Fran and he was the perfect piece to replace Julian Peterson at OLB .. In a 3-4 defense , Lawson would have been great on one side with Taylor on the other side. But I guess Saban had other plans. LOL

I wanted Lawson as soon as I saw his combine performance. He is a beast. There was another thread about how our blitz scheme is simply not working, and I think Lawson would have been a huge help there. He also had an interception in preseason and forced another one by hitting the QB.

I won't knock drafting a safety because I think it was a position of need, but I felt from day one that Lawson would have contributed more than Allen right from the start.

We really needed help at Safety around draft time. He was expected to start, so looking back it probably would've been better to go in another direction. Lawson would've been an awesome pick.

MastR_EvaluatoR said:
I was prayin for Manny Lawson too when our time came draft day.. Lawson has been awesome for the 49'ers already !

So far after two games, Lawson has 2 sacks (one against Orlando Pace) seven tackles in his first Pro game vs the cards, and the game changing tackle behind the line of scrimmage to seal the win versus the Rams . Now THAT'S a First Round Pick folks !

Our front 7 is getting OLD and he would have been the perfect anecdote. He has been flat out brilliant for San Fran and he was the perfect piece to replace Julian Peterson at OLB .. In a 3-4 defense , Lawson would have been great on one side with Taylor on the other side. But I guess Saban had other plans. LOL

whooooooaaa!!!! if you going to wish big than it would be shawn merriman he is the beast in this years draft :wink:

Would have drafted Manny Lawson, Antonio Cromartie or Jimmy Williams in the 1st, and grabbed Ko Simpson in the 3rd round.

Here's to hoping that Jason Allen and Derek Hagan turns out good. They are great athletes but haven't showed their abilities yet. They are rookies though, so they should develop well and be much more serviceable in their 2nd or 3rd year [especially Jason Allen, who looks like he needs a full training camp..]

jason_taylor said:
whooooooaaa!!!! if you going to wish big than it would be shawn merriman he is the beast in this years draft :wink:

Umm, Shawn Merriman wasn't drafted this year.. San Diego took him in the first round LAST year.. San Diego took Cromartie in the first round THIS year .

Anyone else notice a trend with your 'sub' picks? How bout they all came to camp on time . Lets give the guy some time to even get on the field before he's a bust.

Yeah, let's all play the game of I'm a better GM than Saban and Mueller b/c I have hindisight at my disposal.

Who cares who else could have been picked, Saban chose Allen and that's that. Why not dissect what Allen needs to work on to get better/improve/catch-up/grow. etc?

I was a huge Greenway fan. Its a shame he's out this year. I wouldve loved to seen how he did. To tell you the truth if I was the coach last year we wouldve tanked a few games to be able to draft Cutler. I never wouldve allowed us to win six in a row and cost us a chance at Cutler

It just sucks that there are a bunch of rookie safeties playing and Allen is not one.

Huff
Whitner
Simpson
Watkins
Harper

All starters and Allen not playing, quit making excuses for Bonus boy.
Allen is not a bust yet, but this proves we could have drafted another position and got a good safety later.

Lawson, Allen, or Cromartie..... We need 2ndary help the most and our safeties can't cover....... The fact that Allen hasn't started his first 2 games hasnt taken anything away from my expectations of him. I don't understand why people are calling for his head like he's some vet that blew a game or something.... he came in extremely late and was learning 2 positions.... I'm loving this tho because alot of you are simply setting yourselves up to eat crow on purpose like many did last year with Ronnie... Do any of you even know what it feels like when a guy you've been pulling for really comes into his own and develops into everything you thought he'd be ? Or do you just doubt and hate on guys til theres no longer a reason to do so ?

Wallace758 said:
Definitely Not Jason Allen...he's A 2nd Round Pick...horrible Pick..sorry Guys
Going into the season Allen was thought of league wide as a top 10 talent. If he had not hurt his hip he would have gone top 10.

We got VALUE with our 16th pick.

How about we give the guy more then 2 ****ing weeks before we call him a bust.

unifiedtheory said:
Going into the season Allen was thought of league wide as a top 10 talent. If he had not hurt his hip he would have gone top 10.

We got VALUE with our 16th pick.

How about we give the guy more then 2 ****ing weeks before we call him a bust.

Maybe he would have went top 10 and maybe he would have dropped because Tennesse's secondary played bad. Justice was a top 10 talent and he got drafted second round. When a fifth round pick is starting and playing well and our first rounder is riding the pine thats not a good sign. I liked Pat Watkins better than Allen before the draft and stated as much from the beginning.

Basically it was a terrible draft as usual for the Phins.No doubt we shoulda traded down.....Saban u Fudged up again....Traden a 2nd for Culpepper was a terrible mistake but taken Allen who couldnt even play a fullyr in the 1st is dreadful.

musphinzfan said:
Basically it was a terrible draft as usual for the Phins.No doubt we shoulda traded down.....Saban u Fudged up again....Traden a 2nd for Culpepper was a terrible mistake but taken Allen who couldnt even play a fullyr in the 1st is dreadful.

Cannot fault Saban on the Culpepper trade and Allen could be fine, we just had too many needs not to trade down and Pittsburgh wanted to trade up.

Back
Top Bottom