If you had the 16th pick in the draft... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you had the 16th pick in the draft...

Motion said:
LMAO @ this post. Obviously the only players that will know his system are the ones that played for him before. WTF does that have to do with anything? Allen never played for him.

What it means is it would be hard for ANY rookie to break his starting rotation, when there are veterans in his defensive scheme that already know his defense. Like say we got Mario Williams, u think he starts? I don't. U misunderstood my post, Its common sense that no rookie knows the defense comming out of the draft (unless they played for LSU while Nick was there i.e. Travis Daniels), which its why its tuff for anybody to crack the lineup at first, especially a guy who held out for almost 2 weeks. Obviously it was Nick's first season last year, which is why we had 2 starters on defense from the draft.

OurHeartAndSoul said:
Cromartie, Holmes, Lawson in that order.

Why didn't we pick any of them up? Jason Allen was an OK pick but i'm going to lie i was disapointed when we picked him. Lawson would have been a great replacement for J.T. next year and Cromartie is just a play maker.

I'm not ashamed to admit it, Jason Allen was one of the players I really wanted the Dolphins to draft. These are the players I wanted the Dolphins to draft (in order).

1. Jason Allen (even if he fails at safety, he has more than enough athletism to play cornerback)

2. Antonio Cromartie (How many 6-2 corners are out there? How many 6-2 cornerbacks are out there that have the ability to be shutdown corners?)

3. Manny Lawson (physical freak)

4. Chad Jackson

I had a hard time separating these players; I would've been happy with either one.

Back
Top Bottom