If You Still Believe Post Here | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If You Still Believe Post Here

Very underrated movie.
Very underrated performances by Al Pacino and Dennis Quaid.
:woot:
Prime Time said:
Any Given Sunday! Great movie...greater saying.

Great adversity creates GREATER oportunity! If I were the fins, I would truley be pumped at the oportunity that has been placed in my lap. Everyone but the few faithfull have written us off as cellar dwellers, who is correct? The books first few chapters have been written and paint a picture of a group of persons with various talent stuck in a horrid situation from which there seems no escape. There will be twists and turns getting to the end of the book. THe coach's must bring out the greatest greatness that lies within each individual talent, and that talent must be used to make the entire group better, great as a group, and finally great as a team. The challenges will be great, and some will be overcome while others will not. Will the ones that are not overcome springboard the team to overcome even greater challenges? Or will they despair? Who will the surprise heroes be? When/how will the book end, chapter 16, 17, 18 19, or 20? The beauty is that the book has only been started, and it has the potential to be one of sports triumphs...of incredible proportions. I'm going to read it as it is written, because there is great adversity, and the portential to reap the benefits of the greater opportunity is there for the taking. I think it can be a great book!

I Still Believe

Well Guys...im Out Here On Deployment On The Aircraft Carrier John C. Stennis.....some Of The Miami Dolphins Flew Onto My Ship And Stayed The Night Back In May....those Guys Included Travis And Sammy Morris And Jeno James Just To Name A Few....ricky Didn't Show Up Because He Was (high)ding Somewhere!! But Anyway I Talked To Travis Back Then And He Seems Ready...i Also Told Sammy That He Is On A Real Team Now!!!!!!! So I Still Think We Will Go To The Playoffs...we Will Recover!!!

Snap,

Great that you got to see those guys and that they do stuff like that. I got see JT and ZT here at Ramstein last year and it was great. Aside from the former guy whose name shall not be spoken, I think we really do have a lot of hi-character guys on our team. I really like the group you got to meet. I think the backs will be fine and surprise..especially Russell and Sammy. I think our Oline will generate some good surge on running downs, but I am worried about how fast they'll pick up the pass blocking. As for some troubles during the scrimmage, they were facing a 3-4 that was expected to test them with difficulty, which is a good thing to prrep them for the 1rst 3 opponents. I think expecting them to pass block that right off the bat is unrealistic. Good luck on your deployment, good to have you aboard (no pun..lol)...4D

Believe may be too strong...

I think this offseason every move (and there have been a ton of apparently negative ones) has led to swings of extreme emotion for a lot of people posting here. I hope we have saved the worst for last and it is past.

Looking forward - whatever happens good will come of it. A season in the tank or a visit to the promised land.

When I don my fins gameshirt on Sundays I'll still cheer every good play and curse every bad refereeing call. What will happen will happen. I'll still be contributing to the bottom line at Anheiser Bush. I'm not gonna predict whether or not we make the playoffs. Every player wearing that jersey though is going to feel rightly mad as hell, play out of their skins, show commitment to the team. Maybe, just maybe that will be the difference. Our "on paper" wealth of talent in recent years has not won us anything.

Go Fins, whoever you may be today.
:friday: :beerbang: :drinkers:

I will belive in Miami until the day I die. (which better be a long time from now) GO DOLPHINS!!!!! :D

Still believe, injuries happent to everyone. Let's just hope that it's over (injuries) for the Dolphins this year. Other teams will have issues of their own to have to deal with. Miami in the Super Bowl this year would have me :roflmao: at all of the people who have been rubbing this offseason in my face.

Somehow, I managed to miss any kind of football news this weekend. So you can imagine how devastated I was when I read this morning of the injuries to Boston and Akins -- physically ill, even.

Thank goodness for this thread. Thanks, people, for not letting me stay depressed.

Watch for my next commentary ... coming soon.

Prime Time said:
This is not for the nay sayers. This is for the Fans who still believe Miami can make the playoffs. If you believe this like I do, post in this thread. I want to see at the end of the season the peopl who will eat crow for being wrong. If I am wrong I will eat crow, but I still believe we can make playoffs.
All the loses to the Offense has done for us, is hurt us from doing much damage in the playoffs, but we should still be competitive.I think this defense will be even better this year, and If we can get a better 2nd reciever then we have now, we should be alright.

To me it all falls on A.J Feeley, if he proves to be as good as some experts have said, then skys the limit for Miami, but if he is actually a 2nd or 3rd string QB as most have called him, then Fedler will end up starting, and we will just make the playoffs on the shoulders of our defense, where we will get killed again in round one.

I don't think anyone ever doubted me. But, in case they did... I'm in baby!

Let's all look back to the last time we went deep intot the playoffs. The Marino&Jimmy Johnson shadows were still fres in our minds. We had a former backup QB that was actually out of the NFL for a while starting at qb. A castoff rb as a starter. Gadsden as our leading WR (Chris Chambers is a vast improvement). and we got to the 2nd round of the playoffs. As sad as our O looks now, it is still better than that teams Offense.

They just need to jel. They need to determine that regardless who's out w/ injury, they are gonna go all the way. Let's play lights out Defense. And with AJ starting we shouldn't have an issue on offense as long as we're balanced. The Ravens and Bucs won world championships with less talent on O than we have!

Back
Top Bottom