I'm getting singled out and I don't like it. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm getting singled out and I don't like it.

TerryTate said:
We do the best we can and dont see everything, and we dont get around to everyone. And yes, we do take care of some phin fans' sigs when they get out of line. Of course you cant see that because they have already picked out another sig...you can only see and comment on the current violators. However, most of them do not continue to keep violating the TOS by putting sigs over 40k, like you are doing, which really just ticks us off.

On top of that, you are a bills fan. While there are other bills fans on this site, you stick out like a sore thumb amongst all of these dolphins fans. We are more likely to pick out TOS violators among Bills fans then dolphins fans. Sorry, but thats just how it seems to happen.

We are not "singling you out"....all you have to do is follow the rules, we are doing the same thing to you that we would do to anyone else, bills or dolphins fan. We just dont get to all of the violators.
Also, not only was the pic that violated the size terms removed, all of the text that accompanied it was also removed. Seems to me like an "I'll show him" type of thing.

Wagon Circler said:
That sounds fine and all, but it doesn't seem too hard to find violators if you are steadily looking for them, in my opinion. I know a mod has more to do than look at sigs all day, but it only takes one second, they are pretty easy to spot initially. I've opened up countless threads and have seen, like I said, a lot more than have of the pics to be over 40k.

If you stand by your statement of you "just don't get all the violators" then do you need extra help? I'd be more than willing to focus primarily on that if the mods are having trouble keeping up with it.

We're just fine thanks...we'll be looking to add eventually. However you could have 25 mods and they still would overlook stuff. That aside, there is still no excuse for you to be told multiple times to abide by our sig policy, only for you to disobey it. Heck, why violate again when you are being watched? Didn't you learn anything from Rafael Palmeiro?

We'll do our job, just worry about yourself and respect the house rules.

Wagon Circler said:
. Seems to me like an "I'll show him" type of thing.

Actually...it's more like an "I'm getting sick of this guy continuously and purposely violating the policy he agreed to when he signed up for the site"

:shakeno:

Wagon Circler said:
That sounds fine and all, but it doesn't seem too hard to find violators if you are steadily looking for them, in my opinion. I know a mod has more to do than look at sigs all day, but it only takes one second, they are pretty easy to spot initially. I've opened up countless threads and have seen, like I said, a lot more than have of the pics to be over 40k.

If you stand by your statement of you "just don't get all the violators" then do you need extra help? I'd be more than willing to focus primarily on that if the mods are having trouble keeping up with it.

Do you admit that this is about the third or forth time you've broken the sig TOS?? If so, I fail to see the leg your standing on.

I know that you think we're unfair, that we have it out for you. But to quote my favorite movie, "You are not special. You are not a beautiful snowflake". There are many Dolfans on this site who've had their signature privileges permanently revoked. You're about to become the next.

I can't speak for other mods. But like the mod in your case, I really don't care about what's in the sig when I edit it. It's all code in a little box. And I just blow it out of there and move on. We don't purposefully go out looking for sig violations. It's just something you see or you don't see.

If we had it out for you, we would have permanently banned you, your sig and your avatar a long time ago. We wouldn't have put up with your antagonistic ways in the main forum and banished you forever.

Now, you tell me which of us is being fair and which of us is just being an *******.

Ooooh ooh Mr Kotter, Mr Kotter....I know the answer , pick me, pick me...

I think the av is hilarious, and since it hasn't been an issue to the mods, it obviously doesn't violate the house rules.

But the childish petulance about the sig is of the sort that I see come up here once in a while; why does anyone feel that they should be above the rules? I don't get that.

Look at your Bills' fan brethren like Clumpy and Circling Wagons - they are respected and appreciated in this community because of their contribution in making the site better with their prescence, and because - like 98% of the other members here, they appreciate what we have here and follow the rules.

Bottom line, you can be one of the good guys, or you can be gone. Your choice. Given your participation to this point, I can say that we wouldn't miss you at all if you left.

Your choice.

Muck said:
Do you admit that this is about the third or forth time you've broken the sig TOS?? If so, I fail to see the leg your standing on.

I know that you think we're unfair, that we have it out for you. But to quote my favorite movie, "You are not special. You are not a beautiful snowflake". There are many Dolfans on this site who've had their signature privileges permanently revoked. You're about to become the next.

I can't speak for other mods. But like the mod in your case, I really don't care about what's in the sig when I edit it. It's all code in a little box. And I just blow it out of there and move on. We don't purposefully go out looking for sig violations. It's just something you see or you don't see.

If we had it out for you, we would have permanently banned you, your sig and your avatar a long time ago. We wouldn't have put up with your antagonistic ways in the main forum and banished you forever.

Now, you tell me which of us is being fair and which of us is just being an *******.
It's not that I think I'm special, it's just when I see almost 80% of the people here who have sigs violate the rule, I assumed that the mods were relaxed about enforcing it. That was the point, to see what the deal is.

Banished me forever for my antagonistic ways? Wow. I agree that my avatar comes off as antagonistic, but it's nothing more than a poking joke. As for my posts, I would have to say I'm well behaved as far as trolls go.

Wagon Circler said:
It's not that I think I'm special, it's just when I see almost 80% of the people here who have sigs violate the rule, I assumed that the mods were relaxed about enforcing it. That was the point, to see what the deal is.

The deal is that your full of it. You're sig was in violation (again), somebody caught it, and now we're "picking on you". :rolleyes:

80%?? Whatever bro. Obviously people put up violating sigs every day. Otherwise there'd be no need for a policy. But to insinuate that 8 of every 10 sigs are in violation.....and we purposely don't do anything bout it....is just pure BS. Grow up already.

Banished me forever for my antagonistic ways? Wow. I agree that my avatar comes off as antagonistic, but it's nothing more than a poking joke. As for my posts, I would have to say I'm well behaved as far as trolls go.

Dude, you admittedly stir the pot. And yet you're still here. I never insinuated that you'll be banned. You did that. All I said was that we give you leeway.

dark mistress,how've ya been? miss talking to ya.was hoping you'd be back for fantasy.it's not the same w/out you.hope all is well.
soel

Goodness, i cant believe this thread is still going on...lol

Heys mods, can anybody help me resize my pic of kayjay?

WestVirginiaFan said:
Goodness, i cant believe this thread is still going on...lol

Heys mods, can anybody help me resize my pic of kayjay?
there are several artists online right now, check the lounge/Wallpaper/graphics forum.

Back
Top Bottom