I’m thinking you guys might be right... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’m thinking you guys might be right...

Whether we like it or not Gase will be here for at least another year. He may start to butt heads with Tannenbum because he will most likely want some of the overpaid quitters off the team. Problem is he will want to keep his buddy Julius Thomas on the team. The Dolphins must have the slowest group of TEs in the league. At least Fasano is a decent blocker. Thomas can't block and moves like a slug but Gase wants to force feed him the ball.

I don't believe the players are the (primary) problem. Most of the team is young and it is just against the odds that we happen to pick "all bad apples from the bunch". No, the problem here is Tannenbaum and Gase. Tannenbaum should have never been hired. Many of us here on the site KNEW this and pointed it out. Tannenbaum is a plague cast upon any team that he swindles his way to; he is Jets trash and needs to be JETtisoned. Gase, on the other hand, is just not ready for the HC position. He is obstinate to a fault and fails to inspire or motivate the players. These two faults will prevent Gase from ever passing the threshold of mediocrity as an HC.

As a fan, the Ajayi trade broke me this season. Not because I am a fan of the "Jay Train", but because Gase's "shotgun solution" of sending him away reeked of a leadership failure on behalf of the coach. Just last year, Ajayi was part of the "Stronger Together" marketing campaign with a Pro Bowl performance. By trading Ajayi without trying any other corrective actions Gase sent the team, and the fan base, the message that we are "Stronger Apart". The lack of heart in the game last night showed this perfectly.

Exactly.....a good coach deals with and fixes the attitudes & issues of players, especially decent ones like Ajayi who was or was becoming a marquee name. You don't stick your fingers in your ears and say "NO NO NO!!...it's my way or the highway....how dare anyone question me!! ....now go away so I don't have to deal with you anymore". That will never work....esp not in today's NFL where the talent expects to have a say and their viewpoints aired & listened to. Gase is not coaching in 1960 but seems to feel he is and damn anyone who tries to challenge him.......sorry...those days of dictator coaches is over - Belicheat may be the one last coach who can get away with being somewhat like that but the fact that he has a winning legacy and 5 Super Bowls gives him the credence with the players to do so.......and Gase is a LOOONG way from being that guy.

Gase is here for a couple more yrs whether you like it or not so no point getting so mad about it. Tannenbaum is the real problem, and unfortunately he is prob here even longer. We've handed out some horrible contracts and tied up way too much money in areas we didn't need to. And I don't even want to get started on his giving away draft picks. If we had all of our resources and money to solidify other areas, Gase would have a much different product on the field. But regardless, no coach is or ever has won with Cutler behind center.

I'm not sure you can conclude that Gase is the problem when he pulls off a 100+ passer rating with Tannehill over a decent stretch of games last year, and has to suffer through the horrors of Jay Cutler's performance this year.

That sort of contaminates the sample.

Most teams have an OC calling the plays from the damn sky box.

Gase in his infinite wisdom thinks it is better to stand on the sidelines, amidst all the other distractions, and call plays from there.

The dude is just out of his mind.

That's a pretty stupid comment considering guys like Andy Reid, Sean McVey, and Doug Pederson call the plays for their teams and don't have a problem being on the sidelines. The bigger problem is Gase is a terrible playcaller and wasn't that good as an OC to begin with. Peyton Manning was the true OC in Denver.

This season has been one hit after another. First Tanny goes down because he chose to not get surgery and just do rehab. Then Timmons is a no-show for game 1. Then Foerster is discovered to be a coke-head. Meanwhile, Ajayi is a locker room nutcase so we trade him for an open bag of potato chips. Nice motivation for the rest of the team, huh? This team checked out on Gase before the season even started.

I'm not sure you can conclude that Gase is the problem when he pulls off a 100+ passer rating with Tannehill over a decent stretch of games last year, and has to suffer through the horrors of Jay Cutler's performance this year.

That sort of contaminates the sample.
Except that it was Gase who petitioned for Cutler in the first place.

Except that it was Gase who petitioned for Cutler in the first place.

True, but at that point, we were still a playoff surprise from last year. The only thing you can really criticize Gase for about this pickup is choosing Cutler over Moore. With a prior year playoff appearance, you have to believe you can repeat, and you have to make moves that show the players you will do the best you can to put them in that position. All we know is that Gase thought Cutler was an upgrade from Moore, which seems now to be true. Also, the reasons given for taking Cutler over Kaepernick actually made sense. In the end, it is a failed experiment, yes, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth a shot.

Gase needs to crucify his coaching staff in himself before the players in my opinion. Worst coaching staff I've seen in a long time.

I feel ya, its been bad this year, but worse than phailbins? I dunno about that

Gase won't go anywhere. Even if he is a fraud (not saying he is), Ross thinks he found his "young Don Shula" since they made the playoffs last year. He gets 2018 no question. Is his contract 3 or 4 years?

Tannenbaum is worse. Got to get that guy out.
The only things Gase has in common with Shula are the letters s and a in their last names

I swear the echo chamber here never fails. "Lost the lockerroom" the current catch phrase. Tip, the men in the lockerroom are Professional athletes. If they are lost, they need to go. What has been on display this year 99.9999% of it rests on the players shoulders.

I'm not even a Gase guy, but some of you really don't have a original thought. Copy/paste.

The personnel on this team is abysmal. Losing a mobile QB and bringing in a pocket passer, just bad. Gase deserves his share of the blame, but the men who put the pads on...are ultimately ones who need to be held to account.

I've been watching Dolphin's football for nearly 40 years ... after watching last night's game I feel like throwing in the towel and we all know there has been plenty of opportunity to feel that way the last 10.

The personnel is not this bad. This is a Gase problem ... and a Cutler problem but that's on Gase too. Cutler has never been good - I'm not interested in the one year in Chicago under Gase. We now have this year under Gase to balance it out. Fits the inconsistency of Cutler perfectly.

The personnel on the defense is good enough for even an average DC to make something out of it. I get the offensive line is offensive but a good coach could cover up the weakness in schemes etc. I think we actually did a little better last night with that. But of course Cutler was Cutler so end result the same.

I've been watching Dolphin's football for nearly 40 years ... after watching last night's game I feel like throwing in the towel and we all know there has been plenty of opportunity to feel that way the last 10.

The personnel is not this bad. This is a Gase problem ... and a Cutler problem but that's on Gase too. Cutler has never been good - I'm not interested in the one year in Chicago under Gase. We now have this year under Gase to balance it out. Fits the inconsistency of Cutler perfectly.

The personnel on the defense is good enough for even an average DC to make something out of it. I get the offensive line is offensive but a good coach could cover up the weakness in schemes etc. I think we actually did a little better last night with that. But of course Cutler was Cutler so end result the same.

Exactly. The world saw last night what a mobile QB means to an O. And I think Tannehill is the more accurate passer. Miami doesn't have a McCaffery(sp), but they have some quickness and elusiveness which remains untapped. Get playmakers in mismatches. Gase apparently doesn't speak 'mismatch.' The D seemed to play well until Cutler's braindead INT. After that, it seemed the D's response was 'been there, done that.'

Agreed, there is talent on the team and I'm growing tired of 'start over,' and 'rebuild.' On O, three interior lineman and an OC would work wonders. On D, . . . ? What has happened to the pass rush? Personally, it looks like Suh is injured and age is finally catching up to Wake. I was amused by Gruden last night - "Suh isn't beating his double teams." That's not Suh's job. Wake looks noticeably slower. I said elsewhere it seemed Burke had a decent game plan i 1H. In 2nd half it was 'who cares' mode. For my money there isn't an NFL QB on the team. Moore? Yeah, a guy who can't read Ds or set protections would have done MUCH better against an elite D. <sarcasm>

Back
Top Bottom