Important 2014 Free Agents | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Important 2014 Free Agents

Sorry guys but I have to add Bess to my keepers. The guy is as good a slot WR as there is in the league and has many good years ahead of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This list could very well determine and explain some of the picks we make in this year's draft. Like most in this thread seem to agree on, there are 3 must sign guys on that list, so its fair to expect that some of the FAs and draft pick from this offseason might very well be replacement for the ones that the FO decides to let go...

Pouncey won't be a free agent in 2015 because they'll exercise his fifth-year option.

If anyone is interested, I keep a running list of the Dolphins' future free agents for all upcoming years at my blog here:
http://www.phins-spotlight.com/p/miami-dolphins-future-free-agents.html

I used to love visiting your site. You know your stuff, which is refreshing given the Omar and Mando diet we are fed around here.

Your YouTube desk stories were awesome. I hope you have more time for those this season Chris. Glad to see the site again. Welcome back Chris!

I used to love visiting your site. You know your stuff, which is refreshing given the Omar and Mando diet we are fed around here.

Your YouTube desk stories were awesome. I hope you have more time for those this season Chris. Glad to see the site again. Welcome back Chris!

I want to try to revive the video aspect--sometimes it's just easier to speak than it is to bang out an article. But I don't really want videos to replace articles, maybe just supplement them. Thanks for following though!

Soliai signed a 2 year $12M deal. With his signing bonus of $3.85 split and his $5,7M salary, he will cost almost $8M this year. Based on his play, and the fact that he is only in on half the snaps, hardly a good deal or, worth re-signing.

Soliai signed a 2 year $12M deal. With his signing bonus of $3.85 split and his $5,7M salary, he will cost almost $8M this year. Based on his play, and the fact that he is only in on half the snaps, hardly a good deal or, worth re-signing.

I think you are quite mistaken. He's a quality nose tackle.

Is he really on the field for half the snaps? Any evidence behind this. Not being an ass here, just thought it'd be higher than that...

Is he really on the field for half the snaps? Any evidence behind this. Not being an ass here, just thought it'd be higher than that...

A little more than half, played 627 all season. I don't think that is particularly unusable for a player like him though, and I don't think it's a huge issue considering he's a quality player on the downs he does play. It's all about rotation, keeping guys fresh and having the right personnel for each situation. Soliai does his job and does it well.

A little more than half, played 627 all season. I don't think that is particularly unusable for a player like him though, and I don't think it's a huge issue considering he's a quality player on the downs he does play. It's all about rotation, keeping guys fresh and having the right personnel for each situation. Soliai does his job and does it well.
Totally agree, major reason why we did so well against the run this year. Wouldnt be surprised if its when we took him out we had trouble against the run...

I think you are quite mistaken. He's a quality nose tackle.

Yeah but, he's not playing the nose in this scheme. He ranked #50 of all NT/DT's this year. FAR from impressive for $8M.

It may be 55%, with Odrick moving inside about 25%, and McD, etc making up the difference. Think we could get a bit more for a cap hit of almost $8M?

This is a bit like Long in going by past performance while not considering the cost.

I do not believe PFF rankings should be taken so literally, especially since that "ranking" is not on a per-snap basis.

No, it is not. It is based on his beating or getting beat by the player he is facing, and comparing it to all the other NT/DT's doing the same.

They thought much higher of hil last year, and in 2010, doing the same.

What are you basing your opinion on?

2014 will have some big name or key position free agents. They may play a major roll in this years FA. Here are the 2014 FA's.

Paul Soliai2013: $4 million, 2014: Free Agent
Koa Misi2013: $1 million 2014: Free Agent
Reshad Jones2013: $580,075 2014: Free Agent
John Jerry2013: $754,625 2014: Free Agent
Richie Incognito2013: $4.8 million, 2014: Free Agent
Dan Carpenter 2013: $2.8 million, 2014: Free Agent
Davone Bess2013: $3 million, 2014: Free Agent

Notables for 2015:

Kevin Burnett
Karlos Dansby
Jared Odrick
Mike Pouncey

Moral of the story: Don't buy any players jersey ever again. Learned this the hard way (tho i did get props for sporting a Lousaka Polite jersey :) )

Moral of the story: Don't buy any players jersey ever again. Learned this the hard way (tho i did get props for sporting a Lousaka Polite jersey :) )

Sometimes I feel like people should consult me when buying a jersey. I see so many bad decisions...

Back
Top Bottom