Important to lose | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Important to lose

I agree cin has the first pick. Is Wash could get a win it would tie us with 2, but I think we might beat the giants and cin

I really dont see us winning any other game. I think people underestimate the fact we were getting our only production from Mark Walton and Preston Williams. Without them we have no consistent scoring threat.

Swing for the fences by drafting Tua and then draft another qb later in the first or early 2nd. We have to get the qb position solved. Nothing else matters until that happens. This team will never break out and join the sb contenders around the league until we have a qb. Like others have pointed out once you have a great qb so many other problems just resolve themselves. I hated the Tannehill era where everything had to break nearly perfect to secure a victory week to week. I want a qb that can overcome a bad game by the defense or a costly turnover. Draft three qbs if needed. Just find one.

That's exactly correct. It is a brilliant unintentional mock. The Bengals were very competitive early season. They should have won at Seattle opening week, on the same day we were humiliated by the Ravens. There are many talented players on that roster.

But once frustration set in and they benched Andy Dalton now it is a dream tank because fans across the country have a lower opinion of Dalton than proper, and don't blame Cincinnati for benching him. Meanwhile the drop off to Ryan Finley is cavernous. How many points is he going to put on the board? That is always the issue with rookie quarterbacks and especially non-elite ones who are shuffled into the lineup later in the season. It doesn't matter what it looks like in regard to the opponent. That rookie quarterback simply isn't going to put up many points. The team needs turnovers and field position and countless breaks to enable more points than logical.

The Bengals will probably put forth a great effort at least once of twice over the remainder of the season, determined to avoid the winless season. Then it's a matter of whether or not Finley manages occasional touchdowns in those games.

Yesterday at Oakland was a perfect example of the deficit from Dalton to Finley. With Andy Dalton the Bengals probably win that game. Cincinnati was very motivated as a winless road team obviously coming off a loss. The home opponent was not much, and not fully motivated playing a winless team. Throughout that game I tried to root for the Bengals but realized it was hopeless with Finley out there. He was completing far less than 50% of his passes and fewer than 4 YPA.

I don't think fans in general have any sense of that drop off from Dalton to Finley. There is no such thing as going on a run with Ryan Finley.

Sorry but Zach Taylor and those coaches are trying to save their jobs. If Taylor goes 0-16 he may get fired and possibly never get another HC gig. At least Flores could have blamed the deconstruction of his roster right before (and then after) the season started. Taylor has no such alibi. He took over a team not far removed from being competitive and they've got no great event to show why they shouldn't have been able to win some games this year....except for the head coach. He'll be finished.

Swing for the fences by drafting Tua and then draft another qb later in the first or early 2nd. We have to get the qb position solved. Nothing else matters until that happens. This team will never break out and join the sb contenders around the league until we have a qb. Like others have pointed out once you have a great qb so many other problems just resolve themselves. I hated the Tannehill era where everything had to break nearly perfect to secure a victory week to week. I want a qb that can overcome a bad game by the defense or a costly turnover. Draft three qbs if needed. Just find one.
Very interesting thought. Take two QBs in the first round. We have so many holes I hate to do that but I do understand the point.

I dont believe that we will take a QB in the first round this year.

I honestly believe that the coaches will ride with Rosen next year. He was a highly regarded pocket passer prospect the year he was drafted and is actually younger than Burrow by a few months.

I do think we will take a Love or an Eason in the 2nd or 3rd round to act as our next developmental prospect should Rosen miss.

Heck... it's what the Patriots always did... and how many of us wouldn't love to have Garrapolo (sp?) about now?

I dont believe that we will take a QB in the first round this year.

I honestly believe that the coaches will ride with Rosen next year. He was a highly regarded pocket passer prospect the year he was drafted and is actually younger than Burrow by a few months.

I do think we will take a Love or an Eason in the 2nd or 3rd round to act as our next developmental prospect should Rosen miss.

Heck... it's what the Patriots always did... and how many of us wouldn't love to have Garrapolo (sp?) about now?

100% agree with this take. Take JLove in the 2nd as dev project.

Back
Top Bottom