Important to lose | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Important to lose

Good news for Dolphins is that the Bengals could go on a bit of a run here. They play the Steelers at home next week coming off a game where their center will be suspended. I could see them winning maybe even today vs Raiders, then they have Jets after Steelers. Some potential for them to win games coming up.
I don’t see the Bengals winning more than 1 game this season and them going 0-16 seems very likely. They want Burrow and they aren’t going to do anything to screw up getting the first pick in the draft.

I don’t see the Bengals winning more than 1 game this season and them going 0-16 seems very likely. They want Burrow and they aren’t going to do anything to screw up getting the first pick in the draft.

The Bengals want to win, but they just benched their QB trying to find a scapegoat and now they have a guy who doesn't belong starting getting manhandled because their coach is an idiot.

For as good of a story as Burrow is, I really didn't hear his name as a top draft prospect before they beat Alabama and I've yet to really hear scouts affirm what everyone is suddenly believing about his draft stock. I've enver watched him with the intent of evaluating him.

Brady wasn't nearly as good as either of those guys when he was drafted.
brady was real good at Michigan..the nfl Gm were wrong. Brady got screw by Michigan. When they got all American recruits at qb Drew Henson..

Umm, we have enough draft picks to take a QB in both years and still build our team not to mention a ridiculous amount of salary cap space. No way we don’t take at least one QB in the first 2 rounds this year, to not do so would be stupid. I mean we have 14 picks in 2020 and 11 in 2021 we can afford to use at least one or 2 of them to address what is only the most important position on the team no?

so you are saying there could be an elite player at a position of need available in the 2nd and instead we should take a lower tier qb? And somehow if we didnt do what you wanted that would be stupid? Lol, ok.

so you are saying there could be an elite player at a position of need available in the 2nd and instead we should take a lower tier qb? And somehow if we didnt do what you wanted that would be stupid? Lol, ok.

It’s not about what I want. It’s about the fact that there is more than 1 or 2 prospects in this draft who would be worth drafting and developing. QB is the most important position on the team, and unless Josh Rosen proves that he is our future at that position then we should clearly use one of the 14 draft picks We have this draft to get another developmental prospect in the QB room for next year.

So I guess it just seems obvious that it would be stupid not to use one of those picks on a QB prospect, or even the best QB prospect that is available to us when we pick. You can disagree of course, anyone is entitled to their opinion and we can all be glad that you aren’t in charge of the draft.

The Bengals want to win, but they just benched their QB trying to find a scapegoat and now they have a guy who doesn't belong starting getting manhandled because their coach is an idiot.

That's exactly correct. It is a brilliant unintentional mock. The Bengals were very competitive early season. They should have won at Seattle opening week, on the same day we were humiliated by the Ravens. There are many talented players on that roster.

But once frustration set in and they benched Andy Dalton now it is a dream tank because fans across the country have a lower opinion of Dalton than proper, and don't blame Cincinnati for benching him. Meanwhile the drop off to Ryan Finley is cavernous. How many points is he going to put on the board? That is always the issue with rookie quarterbacks and especially non-elite ones who are shuffled into the lineup later in the season. It doesn't matter what it looks like in regard to the opponent. That rookie quarterback simply isn't going to put up many points. The team needs turnovers and field position and countless breaks to enable more points than logical.

The Bengals will probably put forth a great effort at least once of twice over the remainder of the season, determined to avoid the winless season. Then it's a matter of whether or not Finley manages occasional touchdowns in those games.

Yesterday at Oakland was a perfect example of the deficit from Dalton to Finley. With Andy Dalton the Bengals probably win that game. Cincinnati was very motivated as a winless road team obviously coming off a loss. The home opponent was not much, and not fully motivated playing a winless team. Throughout that game I tried to root for the Bengals but realized it was hopeless with Finley out there. He was completing far less than 50% of his passes and fewer than 4 YPA.

I don't think fans in general have any sense of that drop off from Dalton to Finley. There is no such thing as going on a run with Ryan Finley.

It’s not about what I want. It’s about the fact that there is more than 1 or 2 prospects in this draft who would be worth drafting and developing. QB is the most important position on the team, and unless Josh Rosen proves that he is our future at that position then we should clearly use one of the 14 draft picks We have this draft to get another developmental prospect in the QB room for next year.

So I guess it just seems obvious that it would be stupid not to use one of those picks on a QB prospect, or even the best QB prospect that is available to us when we pick. You can disagree of course, anyone is entitled to their opinion and we can all be glad that you aren’t in charge of the draft.

Actually you may be glad I am not in charge of the draft, but anyone who has a team with this many holes on it and sacrifices BPA’s at positions of need just to get a unnamed QB because “we really need one” is 100% clueless.

If you can get an elite Edge rusher or Tackle in round 1, you do it. Why? Because those are also very important positions in the NFL. In fact they value almost as high as getting an actual starting level QB. So when you say it may be “stupid” to not use one of the picks on a QB (apparently you lack the insight to name the actual QB you are considering), I would say that if fans were worried about me drafting, they would be mortified to see your apparently clueless face on the phone in that draft room.

Actually you may be glad I am not in charge of the draft, but anyone who has a team with this many holes on it and sacrifices BPA’s at positions of need just to get a unnamed QB because “we really need one” is 100% clueless.

If you can get an elite Edge rusher or Tackle in round 1, you do it. Why? Because those are also very important positions in the NFL. In fact they value almost as high as getting an actual starting level QB. So when you say it may be “stupid” to not use one of the picks on a QB (apparently you lack the insight to name the actual QB you are considering), I would say that if fans were worried about me drafting, they would be mortified to see your apparently clueless face on the phone in that draft room.

Sometimes, there’s nothing else to say...

1574125807579.gif

Last edited:
With Tua injured there is no point in tanking. We were tanking for him... now he is a question mark. We need to develop as a team as much as possible and lets the cards fall as they may which means trying to win each week.

We may even get Tua without tanking. Burrow is going to Cincinnati who will undoubtedly have the first pick.
I agree cin has the first pick. Is Wash could get a win it would tie us with 2, but I think we might beat the giants and cin

Back
Top Bottom