in the event that we come out of these next 4 games 3-5 or worse...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hoops, Oct 8, 2010.

1. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i think we should seriously trade ronnie brown to the highest bidder...3rd round pick and i let him go...provided we have 5 or more losses at the halfway point

get something while we can...even with the unknowns about the labor agreement for next year

2. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

I agree, trade him or Ricky. Probably would look to trade Merling as well.

3. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

Is there no trade deadline this year either? Or you talking about franchising him in off-season, and trading him.

Seriously I'm confused

4. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i'm pretty sure there's still a deadline i just don't know when it is...maybe around the halfway point would be my guess though

but if we go on a losing streak here after the bye i would seriously try and unload ronnie to someone who could use him...the packers come to mind among others

as for merling good luck getting anything for damaged goods that can't help anyone til next season anyways...

5. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

It's week 6 I believe

6. hugoguzman

hugoguzman FinHeaven VIP

The NFL trade deadline is Week 6.

What exactly do you think you'll get for Ronnie Brown (keeping in mind that this isn't Madden, it's the real NFL)?

7. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

yep week 6 it is. The Wednesday after the Green Bay game I think.

8. hoops

hoops exited stage left

well if thats right we probably won't know enough by then...

9. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i do keep in mind this isn't madden...i think a contender that needs help at rb might give us a 3rd...probably best we could get

but it being week 6 this is all pretty much moot now i guess...i thought the deadline was later

10. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Well Green Bay is pretty desperate for a running back. They made a play for Marshawn Lynch for the same offer Seattle made but the Bills took Seattle's offer and rightfully so since Seattle will probably be picking sooner than Green Bay in the draft. They got Lynch for a 4th round pick in 2011 and a conditional pick in 2012.

11. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

if we are 3-5, after 8 games, although i would never give up until we were officially eliminated, we would have to win out to prob make the playoffs, or the pats and jets would have to collapse big time, bc 10-6 wont cut it prob this year, and even if it did, going 3-5 would mean we would have either lost to either 2 of these 3 teams in the ravens steelers and Bengals, or maybe all 3 if our only win came vs the packers, meaning we wouldn't win any tiebreakers most likely.

we cant make trades i dont believe bc trade deadline is oct 19th.

12. hoops

hoops exited stage left

yeah and i would have to think ronnie brown is thought better of around the league than marshawn lynch...

13. hoops

hoops exited stage left

ronnie will probably be playing for belichick next year as much as beli likes him and he'll probably stay healthy and find the fountain of youth there also...lol

figures...

14. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

I would trade Ronnie and Hartline to Green Bay for Jordy Nelson and a 4th in a heartbeat.

15. hoops

hoops exited stage left

maybe james jones and a 4th...i can see that

although i'd like to get james jones and a 3rd for ronnie and hartline...jones is underrated

16. SA_BUTTA

SA_BUTTA Seasoned Veteran

17. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

They won't go for that. Jones is their #3 WR. Nelson could easily be our #2, 6'3" 217lbs with good speed and quickness and he returns kicks. Nelson could be a #2 or #3 on most teams he's just stuck behind a lot of talent at WR.

18. hugoguzman

hugoguzman FinHeaven VIP

This thread is what happens when an entire generation grows up on Madden franchise mode...

19. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i think nelson might make a solid #2 wr...i agree that he's buried behind good players

i'd also like to see what stephen williams in arizona cost to pry him away from the cards...that kids got talent and if they ever get a qb that can bring it out he might be something...lots of potential there

20. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i don't even play video games...

21. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Why cause you would rather lose the player rather than get something for him? Did the Patriots not trade Randy Moss? Ronnie and Ricky are in the last year of their contracts and I've got a strong feeling we're going to let both walk, at best one of them walks, and we'll get nothing for them.

This isn't Madden, this is business. I like Ronnie but right now this team looks like a 6-10 team, we need draft picks, we need players. Running back will be a need in the next draft, along with LG, Center, Cornerback and TE. We're going to need depth at OLB and the O-line as well.

22. hoops

hoops exited stage left

so hugo doesn't think that we could get a 3rd rounder for ronnie brown...ok...well i don't think its out of the realm of possibility...doesn't sound like much of a stretch to me

23. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Not for a team that seems pretty desperate for a running game like the Packers. I lowered the cost to a 4th because I know they're high on Jordy Nelson and he's their kick returner. Threw in Harline because....well I'm not going to get into it about him. Ronnie and Hartline for Jordy and a 4th seems fair to me.

24. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

I love Ronnie and what he's done for us, but I think you're right. Like Pennington, he's a ticking time bomb from a health standpoint. He's been a great asset to our team and no telling what he'd have achieved if uninjured. However, since there seems to be a lot of 20/20 hindsight floating around lately, especially by the "Henne Pavlovians" regarding who we should have taken in the 08 draft, since it directly relates, let me throw this out.

Saban is probably a savant when it comes to college but looking back at his decisions in the pro's he was more of an "Idiot Sabant." In that 05 draft, Ronnie was the obvious and easy choice, just like the Pavlovians are accusing Jake of being. The fact is through most of the pre draft, the speculation was that Alex Smith and/or Aaron Rodgers would go 1 and/or 2. Of course Rodgers dropped to 24, but the fact of the matter is, Sabant took the easy way picking Ronnie at #2 when historically effective RBs are often found under rocks, like the Notre Dame kid in Houston. Bottom line, Little Nicky The "Genius" in typical clusterfork fashion went with the SEC and essentially chose Gus ****ing Frerrotte over Aaron Rodgers. Of course hindsight's always 20/20 whether we're referring to 05 or 08, but if we had Rodgers there'd be no Cleo's Becks, Trent Greenes or (talk about stupid signings)Culpecker, and we wouldn't be discussing Ronnie at all. It's damn frustrating.

[​IMG]

25. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

the trade deadline is week 6

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

week 6

26. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

You can harp on Saban all you want Vaark... but your arguement is flawed all the way around... First of all, if you're talking about Arian Foster in Houston, he's not a Notre Dame player... he played at Tennessee... you know.. the SEC?

Secondly, Ronnie was not the obvious, easy choice. But Saban KNEW how good Ronnie was and what it was like to have to play against him and coach against him.. A RB that shared carries in college is NEVER the "obvious and easy" choice for the #2 overall pick in the draft... Your disdain for Saban has clearly started affecting your ability to reason...

Gus Frerotte had the best season of ANY Miami quarterback since Marino retired other than Pennington's '08 season... Hell, Saban figured out a way along with Linehan to make Chris ****ing Chambers relevant... and sent him to the pro bowl...

Ease up off Saban partner... not for him, or me.. but for you, sir...:lol:

27. RUDEbyallMEANS

RUDEbyallMEANS Perennial All-Pro

Miami is doing a piss poor job of taking the opportunity to trade a player when he has value for younger talent. They should of traded Joey Porter the season before his last, and they should of traded Ronnie sometime last year. Those two players have value at the time, but this franchise was in rebuilding mode. You have to get something for them.
    Look at what Cleveland was doing. They traded Winslow and Edwards because although they did have value as talented players, they're franchise was not in position to compete anytime soon.
    Channing Crowder is the next person that has value and "should" be traded...IMO. They did make the right decision with JAson Tayor though, when they traded him to Washington.

28. PhinsPhan11

PhinsPhan11 Phins & Philly Sports

You are correct.

29. SuperMarksBros.

SuperMarksBros. Formerly Fiedler for MVP

Ronnie Brown probably wont fetch a 3rd rounder, and he sure as s*** wasn't worth the #2 overall pick. "Saban knew how good Ronnie was." LOL

At best, desperate Ted Thompson was willing to give up a late 3rd rounder for a young, bruising Marshawn Lynch with very low mileage. Why would he even call Miami about Brown? I can see it now. In 6 weeks, Brown joins Ryan Grant on IR, and the Packers are right back to square one, minus a 3rd round pick.

30. PATSSUCK

PATSSUCK Banned Hammered

Lol @ the Saban loving in this post. Saban did NOTHING to try and fix our QB situation. He could have drafted Rodgers, but he drafted a very good but often injured running back followed by a safety/corner coming off another injury. Frerotte was NEVER going to be the answer at QB, so that is a flawed arguement. He then passed on Brees for a terribly overrated Culpepper. However you bash Ireland for not taking Ryan, but not Saban for passing on one of the to 5 QBs in the league.

31. Ginn & Juice

Ginn & Juice The Grand Champ

Damn, talk about culture shock and weather adapting when you're going from Miami to Green Bay. Other than their rich football tradition, he would hate it up there.

32. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

Agreed, the Eagles ware/are the masters of doing the exact same thing. With no cap next, I could some serious salary dumpage.

33. Strangeworld

Strangeworld Banned Hammered

No way you get anything less than a conditional 4th for brown... guy can barely get out of his own way now due to all the injuries.

34. TedSlimmJr

LOL @ another south Florida numbnut that refuses to acknowledge the facts about Saban's tenure in Miami...

Nobody was taking Aaron Rodgers with the #2 overall pick... he wasn't worth a top 10 pick...it's all hindsight..

Frerotte wasn't ever going to be the long term answer, which is why I fault Saban for NOT trading up for Jay Cutler once Wayne and the medical staff had killed the Brees deal...

35. TedSlimmJr

You don't have a clue.... I doubt you even knew who Ronnie Brown was before he put his Dolphins cap on...

Saban knew what kind of player Ronnie was first hand... from coaching against him..

Considering what went on in the top 10 picks of that draft, it was the right pick both at the time and in hindsight.... Remember, this is when Ricky was a crackhead... Miami needed a running back...

This regime would look even more inept if they didn't have Ronnie....

36. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

Why trade him during the season? We would still be able to get a 3rd after the season and we would get his services for the rest of the year. No need to trade him just because of our record.

37. PATSSUCK

PATSSUCK Banned Hammered

Lol@ another Saban sucker that refuses to acknowledge that Saban was a piss poor drafter and a average head coach in the NFL. He was 15-17 for christ sakes., but then again with the title of "consigliere in Nick Saban's Entourage" I would not expct you to face the fact about his tenure. Based on who did Wayne kill the deal for Brees? Give me a freaken break.

38. TedSlimmJr

Relax... Miami has the Trifecta in place now to turn everything around and restore glory to the Dolphins..

What's that? Tuna already slipped out with the cash? Not a problem... at least the Bifecta are still in tact...

Coach Sparano, with his outstanding game management skills, legendary sideline prowess, and 20-16 record is here to keep the momentum going... not to mention Jeff Ireland around to keep hiring and firing assistant coaches until they get it right... by George...

BTW...is your mother a prostitute?

39. PATSSUCK

PATSSUCK Banned Hammered

That's the best you could do? ...... weak. I am not a fan of Sparano either. I did not like the signing back then and I think it should be his last year. I think they should all be gone to be honest. They have still won more and added more talent to this team than Saban. They have made tooooooo many mistakes though, so they must reap what they sow. Go back to original point, Saban sucked at drafting and was a mediocre head coach like Sparano. Neither you or your little fan boy Wv can prove otherwise. 15-17 still sucks. You are what your record says you are.

40. newlownorder

newlownorder Hoof Hearted

Ohh trade threads, how I haven't missed thee.