Interesting poll: What one of our OWN free agents do you MOST want back?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting poll: What one of our OWN free agents do you MOST want back??

The idea is keep your decent/good players, while using your 5 picks in the first 3 rounds to turn the weaker units on your team into strengths. Not by creating more holes.

Starks. It would not shock me in the slightest to see Seattle sign him if Miami doesn't.

I voted Fasano for multiple reasons.
First I am big on resigning players who stay healthy, second if it is a position of need, 3rd talent level and fourth affordability. Starks would have been my first choice except that we have more talent on the DL position than the TE position and he would cost more to resign because he plays at a premium position. Hartline would be 3rd because he has ended up missing games hurt the 2 seasons prior to last year and I am not conviced of his talent, 4th would be Bush because of his talent and affordabilty, 5th Smith based strictly on need at CB, 6th Clemons based on affordability and last Jake Long because of his talent level if healthy and position

I voted Chris Clemons. I think he played better last year than previous years and he stayed healthy all 16 games. I also think he will come cheap and won't create more holes in our already spotty secondary. I would also sign bush and hartline if the price was right. No way is Hartline worth more than 5 mil a year and even then that's a gamble. Bush is a playmaker if used correctly but I'm pretty excited for the prospect of Miller, so if he doesn't come cheap then let him walk. Hell starks would be a good re-signing as well but he will be 30 years old by the end of the year so once again it all boils down to that contract.

You mean those same players that have amounted to nothing but 7 win average the past 4 seasons? Right, I think we got the gist of what they're going to be - mediocre, no matter who the coach is.

Only player worth bringing back in Reggie, he's our only playmaker. If everyone left I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Hartline wouldn't have seen a down for the 49ers or the Ravens if he played for them.
thats a pretty bold statement to say about Hartline.i have to wonder if you watched him play last year.

Uh I have not missed a game since the early1990's and am an avid Ohio State fan so, yeah, I've seen Hartline trip over his feet enough to know he needs replaced.

You don't give a # 3 WR 6 million. Hartline better than Crabtree? LOL

Never said, give the players the amount they want, but at least make them an offer that you believe they are worth, if they decline, then fine, take care, but don't just let players that were effective for you, or have talent, go without an offer.

Uh I have not missed a game since the early1990's and am an avid Ohio State fan so, yeah, I've seen Hartline trip over his feet enough to know he needs replaced.

Hartline was not the receiver at Ohio state he is now with Miami.

It's a tough call.

Sean Smith is not a good CB to have. Simply because a Corner who never gets Interceptions is a terrible Corner in my opinion. Defenses NEED to be able to get turnovers if you want to win a Super Bowl. So even though Smith is a decent coverage CB, I don't really want him back at a higher salary.

Jake Long wants to get overpaid. But, I think, he is the most valuable Dolphins free agent we have this year. Our O-Line will be a lot worse without him. We need Long back.

Bush, I guess, is replaceable. Miller is going to be special, and we have other cheaper options.

Hartline... I love him and want to keep him, but at $3 mil a year, I would be willing to go as high as $4 mil tops.... but not $6.

can't remember all the other FA's we got.

It's a tough call.

Sean Smith is not a good CB to have. Simply because a Corner who never gets Interceptions is a terrible Corner in my opinion. Defenses NEED to be able to get turnovers if you want to win a Super Bowl. So even though Smith is a decent coverage CB, I don't really want him back at a higher salary.

Jake Long wants to get overpaid. But, I think, he is the most valuable Dolphins free agent we have this year. Our O-Line will be a lot worse without him. We need Long back.

Bush, I guess, is replaceable. Miller is going to be special, and we have other cheaper options.

Hartline... I love him and want to keep him, but at $3 mil a year, I would be willing to go as high as $4 mil tops.... but not $6.

Agree 100% with everything you said.

I voted for Hartline, but it was a very hard decision between Starks and Hartline. No one else was considered by me.

I know its an unpopular opinion around here, but I'd take Jake Long if we are just talking about the player and not the pricetag.

It's a tough call.

ditto.

I'm surprised how many people want to see Reggie walk. He wasn't used correctly and is arguably the only offensive playmaker on our team.

You have to handicap the audience. This is a specialized poll amongst rabid fans. A high percentage of them didn't want Reggie in the first place, convinced he was nothing but a dime a dozen scatback. That was conventonal wisdom at the time among the happy 40% adjustment crowd. Two years later they stubbornly refuse to let go so there's no way they'll identify Reggie in this poll. He's not starting at 100% possibility.

I would absolutely peg Reggie. For sheer entertainment value. Our over/under will be 8. The overwhelming likelihood is we're not going anywhere. So I might as well be humored. Whenever Reggie stutter steps you can sense the instant animosity, all the cursing and tossed items. The certainty that another back would have turned that stone wall into 10 yards. Absolutely priceless. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom