Ireland retained | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland retained

I'm scratching my head here. Back at the draft everyone was fairly happy. Egnew was reportedly pushed on Ireland by Philbin. Tannehill, by Sherman. Most people here were fairly optimistic about the team.

Then comes the first part of the season and we have a winning record. Many were all for keeping Ireland for the most part. Since our mid season collapse, not so much.

So when Do we ask... why isn't blame put on the coaches? We're not using Bush right at all. He's not a between the tackles runner. He should be more involved in the passing game. We have Thomas and Lane for short yardage. I still think Our receivers could be better utilized, and schemed to their strengths. I also believe there are many plays where they are getting hit as soon as they catch the ball. We ned to have them in space, where they can make plays after the catch more.

That's all on coaching. There is only so much you can fix in the off season. We got our Qb, but i expected more out of the coaching staff. I don't see enough adjustments during the game, and as the season progresses.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Could you imagine if we WERE Jacksonville? Or Buffalo?

The coach do get blame but most of them its their first year. Ireland has been here 5 years and we have had 4 straight losing seasons with him as gm,.

Per Rotoworld as per Miami Herald... "Associates of Dolphins owner Stephen Ross tell the Miami Herald that Ross has "seen enough improvement" this season to retain GM Jeff Ireland into 2013.Ireland appeared to be on a short leash as the season opened, but Ross and the Dolphins' upper management are encouraged after a mostly competitive season with rookie Ryan Tannehill showing promise at quarterback. "He sees progress," said a friend of Ross. The Dolphins are 6-8 after Sunday's win over Jacksonville. Miami will close out the season at home versus Buffalo and at New England."

Best news I've heard all day!

Glad Ross is keeping the organization on a winning path

Not happy with the news, but didn't expect anything different. Just don't get the Ireland support. Even the good things that he has done (defensive front seven) are not that great. He has yet to draft a good pass rusher, for example, since he has been here. Our front seven would be great in the 70s stopping rush-happy teams, but we are not built to stop the pass at all. Cam Wake and not much else. He has tons of cap $$$ and draft picks for next year... hope he doesn't blow it.

I'm scratching my head here. Back at the draft everyone was fairly happy. Egnew was reportedly pushed on Ireland by Philbin. Tannehill, by Sherman. Most people here were fairly optimistic about the team.

Then comes the first part of the season and we have a winning record. Many were all for keeping Ireland for the most part. Since our mid season collapse, not so much.

So when Do we ask... why isn't blame put on the coaches? We're not using Bush right at all. He's not a between the tackles runner. He should be more involved in the passing game. We have Thomas and Lane for short yardage. I still think Our receivers could be better utilized, and schemed to their strengths. I also believe there are many plays where they are getting hit as soon as they catch the ball. We ned to have them in space, where they can make plays after the catch more.

That's all on coaching. There is only so much you can fix in the off season. We got our Qb, but i expected more out of the coaching staff. I don't see enough adjustments during the game, and as the season progresses.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Could you imagine if we WERE Jacksonville? Or Buffalo?

Is Ireland responsible for any bad decisions, or are they all pawned off? Teflon Tony passed his Teflon on apparently.

Oh, he's made plenty, but there's always one that stands out above all the rest, like the tip of a turd that sticks out of the water, taunting you with its ****tiness.

:lol2:... Dude You are on fire today!!!! The only thing that can balance the absurdity of a re-up for Ireland is pure spun gold like this... So awesome. Keep it up. I need the laughs.

Why is that? Because he is a rookie? You have no idea what your talking about.
He can hit home runs but he will never be a #1.

No it's not only 1st round wrs, but the problem is the later you get the harder it is for me to believe you would have done any better. For every wide receiver that succeeds in the 3rd round 10 will fail.

Following that logic you would fire your gm every year because he would miss a great player or two.

You make no sense.

Is Ireland responsible for any bad decisions, or are they all pawned off? Teflon Tony passed his Teflon on apparently.

Parcells made Ireland do it!

Meatball made Ireland do it!

Now Philbin made Ireland do it?

So if Ireland concedes his authority so much what purpose does he serve?

A lot of people wanted TY Hilton on this board before the draft. Even before the season started I pointed out how ****ing ridiculous it was that Jeff Ireland asked the Colts to trade TY Hilton for Vontae Davis. Seriously, Jeff? You liked him so much you were willing to trade your starting CB for him, but you didn't like him enough to draft him in the third round when you took a project TE from Missouri who couldn't block his way out of a wet paper bag?

Dude... Don't you feel like you are taking crazy pills on here sometimes???? Cuz I do.

It is not only the mistakes that Ireland makes but it is the philosophy BEHIND them... Look at this above point... A great one btw...

This feels like a man making decisions without ANY kind of formal evaluation criteria... Seriously... Like he is working off of some bizarre sliding scale or at the very least like he has the psychic hotline on speed dial. Points like this are beginning to give Gonzo's coke binging theory a little more credence. :lol:

Your simple logic is not going to work when fans have a agenda at no cost. Hey I am all for moving Ireland as long as we replace him with someone better just like Ireland would move a player. The reason I just don't jump on that 20/20 band wagon IMO Ireland has been about the best we have since I have really followed the Dolphins back in the late 1980's. If you go back through all our drafts the only really exciting one compared to last year was when we had Jimmy Johnson and all he picked was defense really. Now JJ percentage wise picked worse than Ireland but he gardnered about 13-15 picks in every draft so he could miss more. I still like JJ style and the Pats have come closest but have done a even better job of stock piling higher picks where JJ stockpiled picks in all rounds.

range at this point is nit a franchise an and throwing away high draft picks is nothing special

Is this official? Is Ireland officially bein kept? Not what we think. Has the Dolphins put anything official out?

Back
Top Bottom