Is Adam Gase Overrated??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Adam Gase Overrated???

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I gotta say..... After 2 weeks of the season I'm really not impressed with his play calling. This team was definitely not prepared to play today. I'm becoming concerned Gase isn't the genius we were told he was.

I gotta say..... After 2 weeks of the season I'm really not impressed with his play calling. This team was definitely not prepared to play today. I'm becoming concerned Gase isn't the genius we were told he was.

Yes, short and sweet. Has play calling and pounding the table for cutler has sunk his ship for me.

Everyone is entitled to a clunker. Let's see how he reacts to this humiliation.

His worst call was signing a guy who had retired. As in, I don't want to play anymore unless you give me $10mil. Bad.

One game doesn't make you overrated. However, if this continues it doesn't look well. I believe he is a smart guy but he may over thinking things. Maybe he's doing the best with what he has. Culter and the O line did not play well at all. He could have help them out with his play calling however.

Yes he always has been especially to employ that crap bengals defensive scheme.

Too soon to tell. What I've seen the last 2 weeks is a head coach that seems to be struggling with all the adversity we've been dealing with lately. Especially the Timmons situation.

His players certainly are. He did miracles last year with dogshit. It may not happen this year

Felt like a trap game, though I thought we'd still win in a squeaker, maybe the decision to leave for London directly from NY didn't help. Saints will be a test, they'll probably score 35-40, the question is can we keep up with them.

It was 1 game. But yes I blame everyone

Yes, Gase is overrated.

Last year's success was based on luck & injury.

- At the beginning of the 2016 season, Gase felt a washed up Arian Foster should be the starting RB, and felt that Jay Ajayi was a bench warming scrub.

- Gase also felt that pass catcher Jordan Cameron should be the starting TE.

- In the first few games, the offense was horrible.

- Then by LUCK, TE Jordan Cameron got injured, and RB Arian Foster got injured & retired.

- It was only when we went with RB Jay Ajayi & blocking TEs Dion Sims & Marqueis Gray, that the offense took off. But this arrangement that was forced upon Gase by luck & injury.

The offense clearly does better with a blocking TE.

So what does Gase do in 2017? Go with pass catcher Julius Thomas as the starting TE, even though he's terrible at blocking. Gase is repeating the same mistake he made in early 2016.

Back
Top Bottom